That call has made my weekend:)

Sound as a pound!!! Keep on trucking brother rubber :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :sunglasses: :sunglasses: :sunglasses:

Ok your mince pies are sorted now you just need yer head examined! Congratulations! :wink:

Didnt take that long really :laughing: :laughing:

Well done know how much this means as have been there although it did take a bit longer for me told you to keep going with it & yep it does become a way of life which you do miss when you cant do it

Well done to your company for keeping you on as well at least you still had that

brill news

SteveBarnsleytrucker:
Just had my mum ring me up to give me the news I was holding out for that the DVLA have given me my HGV entitlement back :grimacing: I can’t explain how over the moon I am at this news as being on the road tramping is a way of life to me and I have missed these last 5 month on the road like a kid missed his favourite teddy bear :smiley:
Yes admittedly I have to go for a test every 3 year but my consultant told me my eyes would not get any worse so I should be fine in that respect. Some of you will probably think I’m mad when I say how much I’ve missed the open road and tramping but I couldn’t care less! Haha :smiley: When you are working in the warehouse day in day out seeing the lads you saw all the time on the road setting off with a Scotch or Cornwall and you are just sat doing doughnuts on a forklift it gets you down.
I must also thank my company who have been great and kept me in a job when they didn’t have to and allowed me to still earn a wage, on that respect I can’t thank them enough. Hope to see you on the A and B roads and motorways of our great country when I get back on the road and maybe have a natter to you all. Might get ■■■■■■ as a newt tonight now!!! :grimacing: :grimacing:

top result steve :sunglasses: you deserve it pal :laughing: 5 months mate that’s a killer! :grimacing: we’ll done lad :wink:

Pleased to hear your good news

Might be nice if you name your boss/company on here as well Steve.

After all, I’ve no doubt he’s been keeping an eye on the situation…

I’ll get my coat.

Ken.

Edit; Already said by green456 above, really need to get my eyes tested…

I’ll get my coat for the second time.

Quinny:
Might be nice if you name your boss/company on here as well Steve.

After all, I’ve no doubt he’s been keeping an eye on the situation…

I’ll get my coat.

Ken.

bdumtish!!! :grimacing:
I work for Ken Mallinsons in Barnsley, been there 7 year and the manager is Steve Mallinson and his brother Andrew Mallinson is the gaffer warehouse side of things. Cant thank them enough for keeping me in work after all I am employed as a driver so they could have got shut of me.
I have enjoyed my time in the warehouse and seeing another side of road haulage but I live to be out on the open road :smiley:

the maoster:

JFC999:
Ps how do you spell definetley ■■?

Definitely not like that. :smiley:

Cheers Moatster, I’m not usually bad at spelling but you are better !
Ps disestablishmentarianism. Spell check that for me will ya !
Jim

JFC999:

the maoster:

JFC999:
Ps how do you spell definetley ■■?

Definitely not like that. :smiley:

Cheers Moatster, I’m not usually bad at spelling but you are better !
Ps disestablishmentarianism. Spell check that for me will ya !
Jim

Lacking an “s” somewhere in there. Your project for today is to discover where. Hth. :smiley:

Well done mate, that’s good news. I only just about got through the eyesight part, but my main problem was blood pressure. I was lucky they didn’t take the licence away, and It’s all sorted now. got my renewed licence back yesterday. This will be the last one, hanging up the keys in October.

I am very pleased to hear your good news. The very best of luck to you. It’s good to hear that you have had support from your company too during this difficult time; there probably aren’t many who would have done so, but would have taken the easy option instead.

Even with the advantage of several pints and a great Sunday dinner I can’t find the missing “s”
I give in Moaster
Ps sorry to hijack your post with grammatical nonsense Steve, but what the hell ,you can see!
Jim

JFC999:
Even with the advantage of several pints and a great Sunday dinner I can’t find the missing “s”
I give in Moaster
Ps sorry to hijack your post with grammatical nonsense Steve, but what the hell ,you can see!
Jim

Yeah I apologise to Steve too, but to be fair he’s got back something that he richly deserves so I imagine two juveniles bickering over grammar will not bother him. :blush:

Oh, btw, there was no missing s but I quite liked the idea of wasting a little of your Sunday. :smiley: :smiley:

This post was going so well until the fateful moment you stated you are going to watch England play in the one day internationals… WHY :open_mouth: they are a shambles man :neutral_face:

JLS Driver SOS:
This post was going so well until the fateful moment you stated you are going to watch England play in the one day internationals… WHY :open_mouth: they are a shambles man :neutral_face:

Haha :smiley: they’ll be even worse with KP there :confused: Can’t beat a good cricket tour with the lads though :slight_smile: mind you all our other halfs are going too! :cry: :confused: :unamused: :grimacing:

SteveBarnsleytrucker:

JLS Driver SOS:

Haha :smiley: they’ll be even worse with KP there :confused: Can’t beat a good cricket tour with the lads though :slight_smile: mind you all our other halfs are going too! :cry: :confused: :unamused: :grimacing:

Without KP there^^^^

SteveBarnsleytrucker:

SteveBarnsleytrucker:

JLS Driver SOS:

Without KP there^^^^

I’m just hoping the Proteas give the Ozzies a whipping :wink:

JLS Driver SOS:

SteveBarnsleytrucker:

SteveBarnsleytrucker:

JLS Driver SOS:

Without KP there^^^^

I’m just hoping the Proteas give the Ozzies a whipping :wink:

Me too. Got the Capetown test match and a Kruger Park safari penciled into my diary at the end of 2015 :slight_smile: