Thanks......

Just like to say thanks to the Artic driver, J18 M62 Eastbound slip about 10.00 this morning, who took avoiding action when a burgandy cavalier forced his way onto lane 1 in the artics blind spot :open_mouth: I’m so glad the artic driver was on the ball :smiley: :smiley: :smiley:, the car would of ricocheted into me :frowning:

I called it in cos he’d been on the rumble strip and straddling lanes on M60. Heard later the car driver blew a +ve breath test.

Before the “you grassing ZB” brigade have a go, I don’t give a flying ZB.

Grass away, ■■■■■■■■ like that should be taken off the road, well done mate

i’ve got no problem with grassing on dangerous driving and if it takes drunk drivers of the road its a bonus.

Take the [ZB} off the [ZB]ing road!

Sleep easy tonight Baz,as you have done the right thing. :smiley:

Scum like that should be locked up,as the consequences could have been catastrophic.

Ken.

Anybody want to buy a burgundy Cavalier ■■?
(Change of circumstance forces reluctant sale).

MADBAZ:
Just like to say thanks to the Artic driver, J18 M62 Eastbound slip about 10.00 this morning, who took avoiding action when a burgandy cavalier forced his way onto lane 1 in the artics blind spot :open_mouth: I’m so glad the artic driver was on the ball :smiley: :smiley: :smiley:, the car would of ricocheted into me :frowning:

I’m totally confused here. The only way to force into a lorries blind spot is to hit it? If he would of ricocheted into you, where where you? ‘Ricocheted’ means rebound doesn’t it? You need to be on the hard shoulder?

MADBAZ:
I called it in cos he’d been on the rumble strip and straddling lanes on M60. Heard later the car driver blew a +ve breath test.

Speechless !!!

How the ■■■■ did you find out he blew a positive breath test■■?
Did they announce it on local radio?

Mike-C:

MADBAZ:

I’m totally confused here. The only way to force into a lorries blind spot is to hit it? If he would of ricocheted into you, where where you? ‘Ricocheted’ means rebound doesn’t it? You need to be on the hard shoulder?

!!!

Maybe its 1 of the slips with a couple of lanes onto the m’way, as i’m hopeless with gate numbers i dont know if this is the case. I think maybe your being somewhat pedantic about the use of the word Ricochet, he’s just using it to describe what would have happened hed the vehicles collided.

MADBAZ:

Speechless !!!

[/quote]

What you speechless about :confused:

Its all very well calling it in, but these type of morons take no notice and just drive without a ticket anyway :unamused:

eddie snax:

Mike-C:

MADBAZ:

!!!

Pedantic? I highlighted it for you Ed, just incase your confused too.

eddie snax:
Maybe its 1 of the slips with a couple of lanes onto the m’way, as i’m hopeless with gate numbers i dont know if this is the case. I think maybe your being somewhat pedantic about the use of the word Ricochet, he’s just using it to describe what would have happened hed the vehicles collided.

MADBAZ:

Speechless !!!

[/quote]

Its all very well calling it in, but these type of morons take no notice and just drive without a ticket anyway :unamused:
[/quote]

Well not only is it an incomprehensible story, even you don’t know what happened, he doesn’t give a flying ■■■■ !! But !! He does know he got a ‘drink driver’ off the road. I’d love to know how he knows that BTW? Maybe my Auntie would of been my Uncle if she had balls, who knows?

eddie snax:

Here, have some more!!! Lets all call the cops when someone has a near miss or goes along the rumble strips hey? You’re one of the first to call this place ‘trucknanny’ but now its a good thing to grass everyone up? Which way do you want it Ed? Do we grass and be trucknannys or do we say ■■■■ all and mind our own buisness?

Its rare i call stuff in, but i have done… & will do so.

Some years ago now in slow moving queued m/way traffic a car in lane 2 (I was in 1) caught my attention as it had a brake light out. BIg deal! obviously not an issue in itself but it attracts your attention.
In time lane 1 was moving faster (as we know, is often the case), as i neared the car noted it was somewhat past its best. So i began to look more, i noted the tax disc was out of date by some months. Again, on its own, no big deal… if he could (in those days)[pre ANPR] get away with it, good luck to him.

But what got my goat, it was a single male driver, with i’d guess a 3 or 4 year old boy STOOD UP completely unrestrained on the back seat.

'nough said.

A slightly peed off Jonathan who wanted to be out working this weekend, but P & O Ferrymasters Fleetwood have again, increasingly, nothing for me to do. :smiling_imp:
(its all to do with a change in the overall type of goods being moved & a stoppage of staged trailer moves).

I thought he was using Ricochet as an easy way to describe what happens when 2 objects hit, thats what I thought you were being Pedantic about. Not the Confused bit.
And I still think your wasting your money calling it in, yuor more likely to get nicked for using your phone while mobile, easy coller and all that.

PS your Aunt may well have been your Uncle, every family has its secrets :wink:

eddie snax:
PS your Aunt may well have been your Uncle, every family has its secrets :wink:

Long story Ed, i can’t go into it now, i use a different forum for that !!

The word ricochet has been correctly used. Its often used to decribe the changed path of a bullet or other trajectile.
Basically means that after it has hit one object, it then bounces off that and hits another. Which indeed does often happen where cars & trucks are concerned.

Mike-C:

eddie snax:

Here, have some more!!! Lets all call the cops when someone has a near miss or goes along the rumble strips hey? You’re one of the first to call this place ‘trucknanny’ but now its a good thing to grass everyone up? Which way do you want it Ed? Do we grass and be trucknannys or do we say [zb] all and mind our own buisness?

Fair comment :sunglasses:

Driveroneuk:
Its rare i call stuff in, but i have done… & will do so.

Some years ago now in slow moving queued m/way traffic a car in lane 2 (I was in 1) caught my attention as it had a brake light out. BIg deal! obviously not an issue in itself but it attracts your attention.
In time lane 1 was moving faster (as we know, is often the case), as i neared the car noted it was somewhat past its best. So i began to look more, i noted the tax disc was out of date by some months. Again, on its own, no big deal… if he could (in those days)[pre ANPR] get away with it, good luck to him.

But what got my goat, it was a single male driver, with i’d guess a 3 or 4 year old boy STOOD UP completely unrestrained on the back seat.

'nough said.

A slightly peed off Jonathan who wanted to be out working this weekend, but P & O Ferrymasters Fleetwood have again, increasingly, nothing for me to do. :smiling_imp:
(its all to do with a change in the overall type of goods being moved & a stoppage of staged trailer moves).

Absolutely unbeliavable!! Sometimes i wonder, what sort of a guy would prosecute someone for leaving his wheelie bin lid up by four inches, then i come here, and find you,and now i know. Its only down to dilligence of good citizens like you, that notice this sort of stuff that we can get killer drivers off the road. I hope they threw the book at him. If i was you i would of left all my details and been a witness in court just incase there was a forthcoming reward. I reckon you probably have a knack for spotting stuff like this, care to tell us about anymore dangerous antics you spotted?

I reckon you probably have a knack for spotting stuff like this

Indeed i do, i should have been a traffic cop!

Then i could give all those car drivers i see crossing solid white lines & hatched areas at the bottom of on slips everyday 3 points. :laughing:

I would still be intersted to know how he "heard that the driverhad blown a + breath test.
maybe the police called him back.

del949:
I would still be intersted to know how he "heard that the driverhad blown a + breath test.
maybe the police called him back.

It is possible that they did. If as is said there is also an allegation of dangerous driving to add too the DD then the Police may have called with regard to getting a statement.

Now theoretically the police should not have mentioned the positive breath test as it could be suggested that this could invalidate the witness but it would not surprise me.

Oh and finally the slip in question is two lanes separated by hatching so they feed onto lane 1 a little apart.

To be fair though someone bullying thier way on there would not arouse my suspicions of DD but would view it as normal practice. :unamused: