THAMES TRADERS

NMP - From Turkish FB:- NOSTALJİ KAMYONLAR NOSTALJİ KAMYONLAR | Facebook

Greetings,All.
Found this on the Internet,thought it might be interesting as regards the Spanish Ford Ebro.Some of the photos look like our Thames Trader.Not exactly though.Regards,stay safe,900x20.

diariodetransporte.com/2020/09/ … san-fotos/

900X20 wrote:
Fergie 47,Ref.the Spanish Traders, I think they were made in Spain but were called Ford Ebro.I stand to be corrected though, it was an age ago.
Regards to all.900x20.
Essexpete wrote:
Edbro made the Fordson Major tractor under some kind of licence following the finish of the UK Dagenham Major in 1964.

Just so there is no confusion of Ebro and Edbro. Ebro of Spain (Motor Iberica SA) built Ford Thames ET6 trucks under licence from 1956 and following Fords use of the River Thames name in their truck models the Spanish built Thames were named Ebro. The later Ebro Fords resembled the Thames Trader with their locally built cabs although the bonnet wasn’t so large. Motor Iberica later built the D Series and then a heavier range P Series before being taken over by Nissan in 1979/80. They also built Farm Tractors under licence from Ford and Massey Ferguson. Edbro however were manufactures of hydraulic equipment, tipping rams etc. Franky.

Buzzer

Buzzer

Took the mighty Trader 55 down to a truck show in Bendigo, Victoria from Narrabri, New South Wales in Australia. A couple of days to get there another couple to get home of around 3000 klms (2000 miles). Truck went well except for one broken injector pipe, number 5. Of course as it happens I opened the bag under the pax seat and emptied the 12 lines out and not a #5 amongst them. So after a fair bit of bending of a #3 and small adjustments all good and back on the road. There was another bloke who had a K Model 20 with the little 4 cylinder diesel in it. I asked him how it went. Not bad he replied but I’ve got help out the back for the steep hills. See next post.

EAB655D7-8F29-4BB5-87B3-084F54BA217B.jpeg

7A24A969-943C-409E-86D5-D04EB99239C1.jpeg

A Trader K Model ice cream truck
A bit of extra help out back. A V12 rolls Royce Merlin engine out of a tank fitted with a fan blade. That should help.

9E8423A7-ABAE-42F3-BB1D-277AAE3F420D.jpeg

The front view.

C5B46096-430F-4FDE-80FC-1CB8E2BDA318.jpeg

Geordielad:
900X20 wrote:
Fergie 47,Ref.the Spanish Traders, I think they were made in Spain but were called Ford Ebro.I stand to be corrected though, it was an age ago.
Regards to all.900x20.
Essexpete wrote:
Edbro made the Fordson Major tractor under some kind of licence following the finish of the UK Dagenham Major in 1964.

Just so there is no confusion of Ebro and Edbro. Ebro of Spain (Motor Iberica SA) built Ford Thames ET6 trucks under licence from 1956 and following Fords use of the River Thames name in their truck models the Spanish built Thames were named Ebro. The later Ebro Fords resembled the Thames Trader with their locally built cabs although the bonnet wasn’t so large. Motor Iberica later built the D Series and then a heavier range P Series before being taken over by Nissan in 1979/80. They also built Farm Tractors under licence from Ford and Massey Ferguson. Edbro however were manufactures of hydraulic equipment, tipping rams etc. Franky.

Franky that was my spelling error.

A handful

coomsey:
A handful

I have never seen an 8 wheeler Trader. It was certainly a conversion. It looks to be RHD. What nation’s plates ore on it?

Yellow background, could be NSW Australia.

Star down under.:
Yellow background, could be NSW Australia.

Leaning towards Ulster, but not too sure!

I’m from NSW Australia and I’d say not here. Plate too long. And we never really used those headboards on the cab roof with owners name shown, which would have been most unusual. But it’s a flash looking rig. I can’t every recall seeing an 8 wheeler Thames. Out here it would have given you a 28 ton gross and still be legal. You’re going to need pretty flat going with only 100hp at your beck and call. Our Thames ran interstate (900 mile runs) with single axle trailers grossing up to 22 tons and I would have thought that was about it. Even when replaced with the 120 hp Perkins they weren’t rocket ships.

truckarchive.co.nz/brands-thames-trader/

I wouldn’t take the number plate as being yellow, the black and white original photo has been poorly coloured the body is like a rainbow, the fuel tank is also the same colouring as the no plate. Not a good example pic to find the identity of the vehicle or where it’s from. Franky.

Buzzer

Buzzer:
Buzzer

I drove a TT Cattle lorry from Bedford (80 to 90 calves) most Saturday nights for 3 years down to Ziff’s in Islington to be there for midnight 00:01 for the Veal.
Not a bad old vehicle at all and was looked after well by the weekly driver.
Regards Andy

OldishJoda:

Buzzer:
Buzzer

I drove a TT Cattle lorry from Bedford (80 to 90 calves) most Saturday nights for 3 years down to Ziff’s in Islington to be there for midnight 00:01 for the Veal.
Not a bad old vehicle at all and was looked after well by the weekly driver.
Regards Andy

Mate you got talents I never knew you had, you kept that all quiet :smiley: Buzzer