THAMES TRADERS

coomsey:
A handful

The photo has Polish marked on it,bottom left corner!?

David

5thwheel:

coomsey:
A handful

David

That could be polish (as in elbow grease) or Polish (as in Polska) :wink:

Buzzer:

OldishJoda:

Buzzer:
Buzzer

I drove a TT Cattle lorry from Bedford (80 to 90 calves) most Saturday nights for 3 years down to Ziff’s in Islington to be there for midnight 00:01 for the Veal.
Not a bad old vehicle at all and was looked after well by the weekly driver.
Regards Andy

Mate you got talents I never knew you had, you kept that all quiet :smiley: Buzzer

No slaughter on a Saturday at all for the Jewish community so all calves were done from 00:01 Sunday through to approx midday, they would slaughter anything up to 4500 calves in that time period. So I was in the street outside booked in by 23:45. Before all those Northerners arrived. Unload & back up Holloway Road to Barnet / St Albans / Dunstable / then home approx 56 miles in 90 mins.
The TTrader had a long Carmichael Body on and was really nicely sign written & painted, both cab & body.

Buzzer

Buzzer

5thwheel:

coomsey:
A handful

David

Could be why it looks so shiny!

Buzzer

322738423_847437683185216_6816818866826518359_n.jpg

Buzzer

Buzzer

Buzzer:
Buzzer

Melton Mowbray… The Home of Pork Pies !

Buzzer

Cheffins have this:

essexpete:
Cheffins have this:

Wow… Pictures in my brain are flashing through my memory, thanks for sharing.
Regards
Andy

John Gornall Spennymoor

Buzzer

Buzzer

410170256_6983824291694357_5139950594649857917_n.jpg

OldishJoda:

Buzzer:

OldishJoda:

Buzzer:
Buzzer

I drove a TT Cattle lorry from Bedford (80 to 90 calves) most Saturday nights for 3 years down to Ziff’s in Islington to be there for midnight 00:01 for the Veal.
Not a bad old vehicle at all and was looked after well by the weekly driver.
Regards Andy

Mate you got talents I never knew you had, you kept that all quiet :smiley: Buzzer

No slaughter on a Saturday at all for the Jewish community so all calves were done from 00:01 Sunday through to approx midday, they would slaughter anything up to 4500 calves in that time period. So I was in the street outside booked in by 23:45. Before all those Northerners arrived. Unload & back up Holloway Road to Barnet / St Albans / Dunstable / then home approx 56 miles in 90 mins.
The TTrader had a long Carmichael Body on and was really nicely sign written & painted, both cab & body.

Was it Yellow and Green by any chance ? from nr the One o One garage? And a Very Smart Wife lol

My Dad bought a new Trader in 1958,reg 487 BKA. a good wagon in its class.

I bought one in 1968? from Holt Lane Transport in Prescot / St Helens area, It was a C reg 1965 model ,ran it as a flat for a year then converted it to a tipper, had it on for Norwest Sand in Liverpool.

Any Thames Trader buffs out there?

dashman:
My Dad bought a new Trader in 1958,reg 487 BKA. a good wagon in its class.

I bought one in 1968? from Holt Lane Transport in Prescot / St Helens area, It was a C reg 1965 model ,ran it as a flat for a year then converted it to a tipper, had it on for Norwest Sand in Liverpool.

Any Thames Trader buffs out there?

Your going to have me in tears Dashman!! My first motor was a Trader which I bought for £500 from Beeches in Hanley.I’ve only got one photo of it and haven’t got it on photobucket! It was a 1964 SWB with Edbro ram and “U” shaped steel body.It had an Eaton 2 spd axle. I loved the Traders they were reliable workhorses and mine never missed a beat !Sold it for £600 when I got a new D1000.Cheers Bewick.PS The Reg No was EH **** ! can’t remember the 4 numbers wiil look the shot out1.

Here’s one or two for you.

This next one is owned by a lad who lives near me in Denshaw Saddleworth

John