TGX or Actros for tramping?

Chunkzilla:

eagerbeaver:
DAF XF Super space cab of Volvo FH for tramping/nighting out in. Actros is gutless and if you are very tall like me the centre console mithers the life out of your left knee. The TGX interior usually lasts about 3 days before all sorts of plastic pieces break and/or fall off.

In my limited experience I’d also agree with shorty!

Managed to wangle my own unit Beezle! Nipping down to get it all cleaned out and sorted tomorrow am.

So if you see a 63 plate Downton XF with a shiny tank, shiny wheel trims and front facing ‘DAF’ mud flaps driven by a complete helmet, give me a shout.

Or buy me a Greggs sausage roll. 99p…yum.

eagerbeaver:
Managed to wangle my own unit Beezle! Nipping down to get it all cleaned out and sorted tomorrow am.

So if you see a 63 plate Downton XF with a shiny tank, shiny wheel trims and front facing ‘DAF’ mud flaps driven by a complete helmet, give me a shout.

Or buy me a Greggs sausage roll. 99p…yum.

LOL, nice one & will do pal! :smiley:
But are you allowed under night & weekend rules to do that on a Saturday, as there isn’t an R in this month? :open_mouth:

It doesn’t apply if you turn your hi-viz inside out.

I need to get in touch with a vinyl graphics bod. I fancy " Beavermobile " in fancy writing to stick on the blanked out bunk panels(behind the front windows).

And maybe I could adopt the wartime trend of adding a ‘trophy’ everytime I get a kill. Instead of piloting a Lancaster and adding a bomb decal after each raid, I could add a knob every time I drop my trailer on a bay and forget my numberplate.

I would be covered in knobs at the end of each week.

eagerbeaver:
I would be covered in knobs at the end of each week.

Careful, you’ll get Dipper aroused! :laughing:
However I do like the idea in principle, how about helmets instead?

I dare you! :grimacing:

Dare accepted. Every time I [zb] up, I will add a helmet.

This obviously will be totally lost on 99% of folk. But fellow TNUKers will know the score. I will post a monthly helmet count.

Stobarts have truck spotters. TNUK has helmet spotters.

eagerbeaver:

This obviously will be totally lost on 99% of folk. But fellow TNUKers will know the score. I will post a monthly helmet count.

I get to design the stickers! :smiley:

‘Tramping’…has just got to be the most over used and crappiest word in transport…has all the image of a dirty smelly old tramp…

AndrewG:
‘Tramping’…has just got to be the most over used and crappiest word in transport…has all the image of a dirty smelly old tramp…

Seems pretty accurate for a few drivers I’ve encountered this week. One of which was a day driver!!

AndrewG:

Modern day “trampers” do 4 on ,.4 off nowadays.
Not real tramping is it.

eagerbeaver:
DAF XF Super space cab of Volvo FH for tramping/nighting out in. Actros is gutless and if you are very tall like me the centre console mithers the life out of your left knee. The TGX interior usually lasts about 3 days before all sorts of plastic pieces break and/or fall off.

DAF XF 106 rules for tramping. And the fridge keeps my frozen meals frozen all week.
Big outside lockers that can be reached without a step ladder. … :unamused:

TGX is great for tramping, as Rob said, very comfortable bed and seat. But over screen locker doors seem designed to stuck out at eye height… :imp:

The Renault T range is very good, but let down by lack of storage and cubby holes.

Mercedes is a pile of doo. Crap seat. Rock hard bed. Cab suspension designed to gently rock you to sleep … and why do they fit the side lockers 8’ up, and not supply a ladder??

eagerbeaver:

Right Beaver, I’ve quickly drawn/crashed together a rough draft for you which needs more work, but so you know what you’ve agreed to, this is the sort of thing I was thinking! :smiley:

I’ve made it transparent so it will blend with the truck colour, but as yet the other colour is yet to be defined.
i.e. What colour is your unit?

The question now is how big will the stickers be, which I think the forum should decide! :grimacing:

Evil8Beezle:

eagerbeaver:

Right Beaver, I’ve quickly drawn/crashed together a rough draft for you which needs more work, but so you know what you’ve agreed to, this is the sort of thing I was thinking! :smiley:

I’ve made it transparent so it will blend with the truck colour, but as yet the other colour is yet to be defined.
i.e. What colour is your unit?

The question now is how big will the stickers be, which I think the forum should decide! :grimacing:

The stickers shouldn’t be to big (it seems he’s going to need a lot of them…), but colour wise, I propose pink.

The units are Maroon and white

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

I would suggest purple helmets. You make 'em, I will stick 'em.

eagerbeaver:

Love the super space DAF XF however the turning circle on the earlier models was ■■■■■■. The Titanic could turn quicker :laughing: don’t know if the newer models are better.

daftvader:
Never had a TGX…But if it’s the New merc.Mp4…Having had one for the last 4yrs…I would take the Merc…As said.Plenty of room.And lots of storage…

Providing it’s a Big or Gigaspace. The Streamspace is terrible for storage IMO.

Also, the Actros doesn’t come with a fridge as standard. Of course you can add a 12v one easy enough but it’ll take up space. The retro-fit ones from Kuda ain’t cheap though; £600 inc vat.

For living in, I like the TGX but overall I thought it was a terrible truck, but they are cheap.

IMO the best truck on the market is the Volvo FH. Comfy to drive, comfy to live in.

My FH has only got 50hp more than my Merc 2545 but it feels more like 200 extra when you’re over 40 tonne.

The op only has the choice of the man or merc ao why bring volvos or dafs in to it

Because he asked. 14th post in.

See me after school for your lines.

goshow:

daftvader:
Never had a TGX…But if it’s the New merc.Mp4…Having had one for the last 4yrs…I would take the Merc…As said.Plenty of room.And lots of storage…

Providing it’s a Big or Gigaspace. The Streamspace is terrible for storage IMO.

Also, the Actros doesn’t come with a fridge as standard. Of course you can add a 12v one easy enough but it’ll take up space. The retro-fit ones from Kuda ain’t cheap though; £600 inc vat.

For living in, I like the TGX but overall I thought it was a terrible truck, but they are cheap.

IMO the best truck on the market is the Volvo FH. Comfy to drive, comfy to live in.

My FH has only got 50hp more than my Merc 2545 but it feels more like 200 extra when you’re over 40 tonne.

Fortunately it is the Gigaspace…With the fridge…