TGX or Actros for tramping?

Right guys, a mate of mine (who is terrified of computers!), is due to start a new job soon and is wondering which would be the better option of a MAN TGX and a Mercedes Actros for tramping in.
Having never actually tramped in an Actros I didn’t really feel I could give a proper advisement, although my gut would probably say the Merc!

Thanks for your help guys!

If it’s the new Actros, then I found it brilliant for tramping. The flat floor made it like it seemed a lot bigger than it actually is. I’m well over 6’ and could walk round the cab comfortably.

Can’t speak for the TGX as I’ve never driven one.

Never had a TGX…But if it’s the New merc.Mp4…Having had one for the last 4yrs…I would take the Merc…As said.Plenty of room.And lots of storage…

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

Mp2/3 is fine for tramping loads of storage too tgx doesn’t have the same amount of storage but can feel bigger

Sitting in a MAN TGX 480XXL right now and the cab is plenty big for tramping with good wide bottom bunk too.
Would still prefer an Actros MP4 though as MAN “arse”-tronic auto box is DUNG!!![emoji52]

Sent from my SM-J500FN using Tapatalk

I thought it might be the case!
I currently tramp in a TGX, perfectly sufficient space wise but having driven an Actros I think it’s a far better drive, just thought I’d ask another perspective before I told him which to choose!
I think the Actros is the clear winner here

Used to love my MAN xxl, great motor to live in.
Got the Actros Bigspace now, prefer the MAN, but reckon the Merc Giggaspace would be as good.
Also I find the MAN more comfortable, and a better driving position.
I like to lounge back when driving, when I got the Merc, it felt as if I was sitting too high and straight, even with the air out of the seat (how I have it now) but got used to it eventually.

robroy:
Got the Actros Bigspace now, prefer the MAN, but reckon the Merc Giggaspace would be as good.
I like to lounge back when driving, when I got the Merc, it felt as if I was sitting too high and straight, even with the air out of the seat (how I have it now) but got used to it eventually.

You must have a sore arse then pal :laughing:

SteveBarnsleytrucker:

robroy:

You must have a sore arse then pal :laughing:

:laughing: No not really, I just do not feel comfortable sat right up in the sky in the ■■■■ thing :unamused: …not to mention looking a bit of a 2at sat up there, being 6’ 1’’ into the bargain. :smiley:

Prefer the MAN, ample storage, comfy bed, quiet, smooth. If you have problems with the gearbox it probably needs the memory cleaning by dealer, laptop plug in. Driving actros streamspace now, lovely drive, quiet, loads of space but crap storage. The over screen lockers are useless -far too small, the outside lockers are huge but you need to be 7ft to reach them, (the mp3 was better with the 4 outside lockers, I think this is an option on the mp4).Overall I would prefer the tgx as long as you get the gearbox cleaned.

I find the merc slightly more drivable and has better living space and storage (unless it’s a streamer). Merc for me

I’ve just settled into a brand new Actros and I love it. As has been said, the living space is great, and a very smooth, powerful drive too.

I prefer the new volvo over both.

SteveBarnsleytrucker:
I prefer the new volvo over both.

Don’t we all!!
Alright then for Steve’s benefit, let’s make it a broader subject

What’s the best motor currently on the market for tramper?

If he hates computers then he’s going to hate the radio in the merc!

Radar19:

True radar, never even thought about that! But then again as long as someone tunes it to radio 2 and shows him the volume control in sure he’ll cope!

Chunkzilla:

Radar19:

True radar, never even thought about that! But then again as long as someone tunes it to radio 2 and shows him the volume control in sure he’ll cope!

There is the possibility that he’s quite capable of using a computer and just decided that it’s easier to train you as his ■■■■■? :open_mouth:

Just saying like! :laughing:

Evil8Beezle:

Chunkzilla:

Radar19:

There is the possibility that he’s quite capable of using a computer and just decided that it’s easier to train you as his ■■■■■? :open_mouth:

Just saying like! :laughing:

Cheeky Beezle! Haha he just sees that as an added bonus!
His daughter bought him a laptop last year. Most use its seen is being used as a coaster!

DAF XF Super space cab of Volvo FH for tramping/nighting out in. Actros is gutless and if you are very tall like me the centre console mithers the life out of your left knee. The TGX interior usually lasts about 3 days before all sorts of plastic pieces break and/or fall off.

eagerbeaver:
DAF XF Super space cab of Volvo FH for tramping/nighting out in. Actros is gutless and if you are very tall like me the centre console mithers the life out of your left knee. The TGX interior usually lasts about 3 days before all sorts of plastic pieces break and/or fall off.

Have to agree with your choices mate. Volvo every time for me, given the choice.