Tesco Livingston

Tesco in Livingston are looking for drivers, asked to go for interview next week ,said no thanks. The pay wasn’t what I expected Tesco to pay £9.36 per hour guaranteed 42 per week. I thought supermarkets were one of the best payers in the market, am i misguided or is this the norm for supermarkets ?

One stop convenience stores owned by Tescos pay £30500 pa for class 1

hi i worked for tesco widnes (stobart run),two years back ,i was on £7.20 … + meal allowance cant remember how much ?.only lasted a couple of months, :cry: :cry: nightmare ,

From what I’ve heard they are looking for drivers but you will be on different terms and conditions from their current drivers, most importantly pay. Who the ■■■■ is going to agree to that I don’t know, you’ll feel worthless a year down the line working alongside people who do the exact same as you but get paid significantly more.

go for it don’t forget the 10%off your shopping I only get £7. 65 an hour and I supposedly work for a blue chip company

samsgrandad:
go for it don’t forget the 10%off your shopping I only get £7. 65 an hour and I supposedly work for a blue chip company

It would need to be 100% discount to accept that derisory offer !

mjallby:
Tesco in Livingston are looking for drivers, asked to go for interview next week ,said no thanks. The pay wasn’t what I expected Tesco to pay £9.36 per hour guaranteed 42 per week. I thought supermarkets were one of the best payers in the market, am i misguided or is this the norm for supermarkets ?

What do other companies in the same area pay?

Seany:

mjallby:

What do other companies in the same area pay?

I thought supermarkets pay was £30k upwards in Scotland maybe I’m misguided,but it’s the least I would expect to be paid with the amount of hoops they expect you to jump through.

mjallby:
Tesco in Livingston pay £9.36 per hour guaranteed 42 per week.

Haha, and you get treated like zb…

I would be with you mate, I’d expect them to pay more, especially if there is any nightsshift involved.

Something I would take into consideration is, How close it is to home, if its on your door step I’d have had the hands off them for it.

If you did go for it, could always leave if you didn’t like it. I’ve heard Sainsburys in East Kilbride pay really well :smiley:

The jobs on offer are under the new driver contract, you get a £50 a week performance bonus, 25% between 22:00 06:00 and 25% for weekends and 50% after 42.5 hrs

You can also bank overtime hours and either use them to take time off or cash in them in at the overtime rate, a less favorable contract then the current drivers are on and you also have a 4 hour start window you could start one day at 18:00 on day and 22:00 the next, not good.

We are starting 20 drivers at my depot in the next couple of weeks on this contract I doubt 5 will be left this time next year.

Pimpdaddy:

mjallby:
Tesco in Livingston pay £9.36 per hour guaranteed 42 per week.

Haha, and you get treated like zb…

I’ve been at Tesco well over a year now and am still yet to be treated like ■■■■, I’ve seen quite a few drivers who think they can treat the clerks and others like ■■■■, then they moan like a ■■■■■ when they get the ■■■■ jobs, but they can keep being rude as far as I’m concerned, saves me doing the ■■■■ jobs :laughing: :laughing:

As for the OP, I don’t work out of Livingston but the job is a doddle, I work out of an ambient DC and it’s nice n easy, heavy loads at times but nothing excessive.

I know that Biffa waste pay over £10 per for a class 2 driver with no shift work in most depots, the work is hard and dirty but you are home every night. depending what you want from the job its well paid.

selby newcomer:
I’ve been at Tesco well over a year now and am still yet to be treated like [zb], I’ve seen quite a few drivers who think they can treat the clerks and others like [zb]

You must be one of the blue eyed boys:lol:
Drivers probably behave like that because they are treated like zb by clerks & managers in the first place:!:

G6Bob:
I would be with you mate, I’d expect them to pay more, especially if there is any nightsshift involved.

Something I would take into consideration is, How close it is to home, if its on your door step I’d have had the hands off them for it.

If you did go for it, could always leave if you didn’t like it. I’ve heard Sainsburys in East Kilbride pay really well :smiley:

You wouldn’t happen to know how to get a start with Sainsburys EK? Do you have to go through agy? Wouldn’t mind a job there. Seems easy work for decent money. Plus its only 10 mins from my house.:laughing:

A 4 hour time window is bad? The last 2 weeks I have started at 1800 mid week and worked my way to 0930 Sunday and that includes 2 x 10 hour drives which I can only safely get round by doing a voluntary night out

That rate is pretty bad though and with rumours of other local companies putting rates up, they will struggle

damoq:

G6Bob:

You wouldn’t happen to know how to get a start with Sainsburys EK? Do you have to go through agy? Wouldn’t mind a job there. Seems easy work for decent money. Plus its only 10 mins from my house.:laughing:

Sainsburys ek is or was a decent job, far better rates than quoted above I did a few years only problem was usual supermarket stuff weekends and working holidays. Been told hours have been cut recently with agency doing rigids and locals and disreputable subbies doing trunks. They usually take on around this time of year I sent c.v to hr at langlands address is hurlawcrook rd g75.

scanny77:
with rumours of other local companies putting rates up, they will struggle

I doubt that, I think there are plenty of people queuing up to work for them. I also heard that established drivers have a pay freeze until the new contract drivers catch up, not sure if this is true or not.

Everyone is struggling for drivers as it is including Tesco. It will only get worse when the part timers jack it in so companies have to do something to stay in business. I thought I was on a decent rate but seemingly we are now falling behind the average. I am jacking this contract next week so I will soon see if the rates are changing. One of the full timers said they are going up by £1 per hour which is quite a bit for a pay rise. Its certainly above the typical 2 or 3% annual rise

mike68:
The jobs on offer are under the new driver contract, you get a £50 a week performance bonus, 25% between 22:00 06:00 and 25% for weekends and 50% after 42.5 hrs.

It’s still a pretty good deal though in my opinion once everything is factored in, although weekend premiums should be a little better I think.

Straight forward supermarket deliveries. No rush. Clean. No getting off the back of the trailer. Map to delivery point provided with full risk assessment of loading area. No vehicle maintenance, not even changing a bulb. Home every night. Sensible number of working hours.

I’d sign up for it if I lived locally.