Tesco Livingston

USED to be very good job tossco! :laughing: until they slashed T’s & C’s using stobrats! :open_mouth: middlewich :unamused: then they all followed suit! :imp: just desserts :grimacing: :grimacing: :grimacing:

It’s Scotland, mate, yous lucky you get a bowl of porridge…

Lichfield are looking for drivers aswell

I hate it( tesco shop work) ,cages full of stinking rotting food,tipping 70+ cages full of beer etc off the back of a d/d and then reload it with cages etc etc.
The tri,s are a zb joke ,I’ve seen some junk over the years and there’s is up there with the worst ( it like a breakdown every day )
Hours starring at yard gates because they’ve no room too tip you so won’t let you in ,your 3 hrs before your tipping time .
I really do struggle too see the attraction of it .

Pimpdaddy:

selby newcomer:
I’ve been at Tesco well over a year now and am still yet to be treated like [zb], I’ve seen quite a few drivers who think they can treat the clerks and others like [zb]

You must be one of the blue eyed boys:lol:
Drivers probably behave like that because they are treated like zb by clerks & managers in the first place:!:

+1
I got sucked in by the crap that Tesco was a really good employer which turned out to be a load of ■■■■■■

DAF95XF:
+1
I got sucked in by the crap that Tesco was a really good employer which turned out to be a load of [zb]…

http://news.sky.com/story/1326557/tesco-shares-slump-as-trading-woes-deepen

Why anyone would want to work for this crock of zb beats me.

Just proves the point…if you throw enough ■■■■…some of it sticks.
I reckon tescos’ arrogance is starting to hit them where it hurts most.i.e.shareholders pockets.

damoq:

G6Bob:
I would be with you mate, I’d expect them to pay more, especially if there is any nightsshift involved.

Something I would take into consideration is, How close it is to home, if its on your door step I’d have had the hands off them for it.

If you did go for it, could always leave if you didn’t like it. I’ve heard Sainsburys in East Kilbride pay really well :smiley:

You wouldn’t happen to know how to get a start with Sainsburys EK? Do you have to go through agy? Wouldn’t mind a job there. Seems easy work for decent money. Plus its only 10 mins from my house.:laughing:

Yeah mate I’d say through agency, know a few guys that have worked in there, and apparently they have a high turn over of agency staff, very strick on infringements. Also heard if you’re booked in for a certain drop(s) and they are behind for any reason, you sit in the canteen for 3-4 hours then they still expect you to do the 10 hour shift you were booked in for… Being they are very strick on R’n’R you could only do it 3 times a week.

I’d put up with that nae bother if it was close to home

gggary:

damoq:

G6Bob:
I would be with you mate, I’d expect them to pay more, especially if there is any nightsshift involved.

Something I would take into consideration is, How close it is to home, if its on your door step I’d have had the hands off them for it.

If you did go for it, could always leave if you didn’t like it. I’ve heard Sainsburys in East Kilbride pay really well :smiley:

You wouldn’t happen to know how to get a start with Sainsburys EK? Do you have to go through agy? Wouldn’t mind a job there. Seems easy work for decent money. Plus its only 10 mins from my house.:laughing:

Sainsburys ek is or was a decent job, far better rates than quoted above I did a few years only problem was usual supermarket stuff weekends and working holidays. Been told hours have been cut recently with agency doing rigids and locals and disreputable subbies doing trunks. They usually take on around this time of year I sent c.v to hr at langlands address is hurlawcrook rd g75.

Tried this method, must have wrote about 10 letters to sainsbury s ek, not one reply. You have to go through Transline agency who are a shambles. If anyone has had joy getting into sainsburys ,without going through agency, I’d be interested to hear how they did it.

G6Bob:

damoq:

G6Bob:

Yeah mate I’d say through agency, know a few guys that have worked in there, and apparently they have a high turn over of agency staff, very strick on infringements. Also heard if you’re booked in for a certain drop(s) and they are behind for any reason, you sit in the canteen for 3-4 hours then they still expect you to do the 10 hour shift you were booked in for… Being they are very strick on R’n’R you could only do it 3 times a week.

Wouldn’t bother me waiting as long as they don’t make you sit in that wee portakabin you have to wait in when you do a delivery to the place.:open_mouth::shock:

Pimpdaddy:

selby newcomer:
I’ve been at Tesco well over a year now and am still yet to be treated like [zb], I’ve seen quite a few drivers who think they can treat the clerks and others like [zb]

Drivers probably behave like that because they are treated like zb by clerks & managers in the first place:!:

I’m no blue eyed boy, I come in on time, I’m polite and just get on with it, there’s not a lot to moan about. Some think they can come in and tell the clerks what stores they are gonna do… Some drivers will moan that the coffee is too strong in the coffee machine, they don’t wanna go here and they don’t wanna go there, they’ll moan coz they ain’t got a 63 plate motor…I’m all for having your say if it’s a valid arguement but no matter how little some have to do, they wanna do less. As I said, I don’t mind them sort of drivers, they just increase my chances of getting a job I like

DAF95XF:

Pimpdaddy:

selby newcomer:

+1
I got sucked in by the crap that Tesco was a really good employer which turned out to be a load of [zb]…

:laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

dozy:
I hate it( tesco shop work) ,cages full of stinking rotting food,tipping 70+ cages full of beer etc off the back of a d/d and then reload it with cages etc etc.
The tri,s are a zb joke ,I’ve seen some junk over the years and there’s is up there with the worst ( it like a breakdown every day )
Hours starring at yard gates because they’ve no room too tip you so won’t let you in ,your 3 hrs before your tipping time .
I really do struggle too see the attraction of it .

agreed :blush:

mike68:
you also have a 4 hour start window you could start one day at 18:00 on day and 22:00 the next, not good.

Not exactly right that, if you’ve got an 18.00 start time, they can ask you to start 16.00 or 20.00, it’s a 4 hour time window but only 2 hours either side of the official start time.

I start at 6am and we’ve never had our times changed, I’d say in 16 months I’ve been asked to come in an hour early maybe 5 times, it’s not compulsory and the choice is mine if I do or not.

damoq:

G6Bob:

damoq:

G6Bob:

Wouldn’t bother me waiting as long as they don’t make you sit in that wee portakabin you have to wait in when you do a delivery to the place.:open_mouth::shock:

No idea where you would wait, I’d imagine it would be better than a portakabin, drivers lounge maybe lol

Could try ringing round the agencies, asking if they have much work out of Sainsburys, and sign up… Thats if you believe them

G6Bob:

damoq:

G6Bob:

damoq:

G6Bob:

No idea where you would wait, I’d imagine it would be better than a portakabin, drivers lounge maybe lol

Could try ringing round the agencies, asking if they have much work out of Sainsburys, and sign up… Thats if you believe them

That’s the only thing that puts me off. Don’t really want to go down the agy route. Don’t here many good things said about them. That said, I’ve worked with an agy once before and never had any problems whatsoever. Was a small agy with only a handful of drivers on the books though. Not one of your big names with empty promises.:unamused::lol:

selby newcomer:

mike68:
you also have a 4 hour start window you could start one day at 18:00 on day and 22:00 the next, not good.

Not exactly right that, if you’ve got an 18.00 start time, they can ask you to start 16.00 or 20.00, it’s a 4 hour time window but only 2 hours either side of the official start time.

I start at 6am and we’ve never had our times changed, I’d say in 16 months I’ve been asked to come in an hour early maybe 5 times, it’s not compulsory and the choice is mine if I do or not.

Reading is an ambient depot where start times generally stay constant or vary only slightly as a rule, the problem comes when the driver works at a chilled depot where demand fluctuates during the week the likely scenario would be as you say a 2 hour movement, the current drivers at my depot only move 1 hour either side.

The hourly rate is about £1 an hour less but becomes almost equal if you get the weekly bonus, but you loose out on overtime and premiums because of the lower hourly rate, an attempt to save money which will almost certainly backfire.

The new drivers will start money will be spent on training D.C.P.C, health and safety probably getting on for £2,000 per driver only for them to leave a few months down the line, this is why the company is where it is, far to much cost cutting.

A perfect example is when a store does not replace staff who leave or retire, you arrive at a store at say 20:00 on a Saturday to be told we have no back door man until 22:00 a 2 hour wait in a vehicle that costs considerably more than employing someone at £8 an hour.

tesco livingston used to be good to earn the money on, wasnt a bad place to work at. though being asked if i could drive a rigid even though id been there for yonks driving artics left me a bit puzzled

but hey the {zb} got tore out that one

mike68:
A perfect example is when a store does not replace staff who leave or retire, you arrive at a store at say 20:00 on a Saturday to be told we have no back door man until 22:00 a 2 hour wait in a vehicle that costs considerably more than employing someone at £8 an hour.

Meanwhile at Aldi across the road, their driver is straight in and out with no help from shop staff needed whatsoever.

What are the odds Tesco and maybe other retailers are looking very closely at their system? Bin off the back door man and give the driver an extra few quid an hour to muck in…sounds pretty good from a business point of view.

gogzy:
tesco livingston used to be good to earn the money on, wasnt a bad place to work at. though being asked if i could drive a rigid even though id been there for yonks driving artics left me a bit puzzled

but hey the {zb} got tore out that one

What’s wrong with being asked to drive a rigid? They have loads of little Express stores now that need serving, why should you be exempt from doing them because you have been their yonks?