Tesco Livingston

Applied for Tesco Livingston received a phone call today inviting me for an interview.Ok, I say,she then informs me ill be on different terms & conditions to the current employers,sorry whys that? No answer. Money was terrible as well, no thanks. Who would do a job knowing someone else doing the same job will be earning more.

mjallby:
Who would do a job knowing someone else doing the same job will be earning more.

Loads of people would, some think tesco is the best thing since sliced bread, personally I’d never work for them! They are a zb company & I don’t care how much they pay.

I know exactly what the money is up there, & it’s not terrible! You would be starting on just over £12/hour & proper rates for weekend work. Good luck beating that in this area.

PS…I wouldn’t bother going to the ASDA interview you were invited to in your other thread you posted a couple of days ago, Tesco pay more than ASDA. Must say, you’re doing well in the interview stakes, shouldn’t be long til you find that big paying number you’re after! :unamused:

busteredwards:
I know exactly what the money is up there, & it’s not terrible! You would be starting on just over £12/hour & proper rates for weekend work. Good luck beating that in this area.

PS…I wouldn’t bother going to the ASDA interview you were invited to in your other thread you posted a couple of days ago, Tesco pay more than ASDA. Must say, you’re doing well in the interview stakes, shouldn’t be long til you find that big paying number you’re after! :unamused:

The money offered was £9.60 per hour 42 hours per week with a guaranteed 6 hours per day. You clearly are on the dif terms the HR lady talked about. Hence the reason I turned it down.

The fella that left the job as Tesco came to work with us at Asda, I’v just texted him with your reply & he’s never heard of anyone starting at a rate as low as that.

Was also offered those rates a while back.

Bite me tesco

New starts on £9.60 + £50 driver performance linked to microlise system at tesco Livy I know cos I work there

I thought Tesco transport was run entirely by Stobarts? Or have they finally seen sense and taken some of it back inhouse. Must admit £12 to £9 would be quite a difference, but maybe it goes up after a while?

No mate tesco cutting rate back I’m on £12.50 new rate is £9.60

wee gordy:
No mate tesco cutting rate back I’m on £12.50 new rate is £9.60

Is there any Dundee mafia left in livingston? What rate are they on?

Aye Dundee lads still there and on good contract

What union represents the drivers? I know usdaw does the stores. I personally think they are a ■■■■ Union. Just wondering what union has overseen a £2.90 p/h decrease in wages for new contracts.

i used to deliver to all the stores does moany face Davie still work at Musselburgh, or bible basher ranold still work at Bathgate :laughing:

Tommy at Greenock, Fraser at Perth, tommy at springburn, Dougie at Kirkcaldy, ally at Ayr - they are the only ones I can really remember. Any of them still on the go?

Drivers in unite tesco go thru us daw they don’t recognise unite since the strike as to Dave at Musselburgh had brain aneurism last year I hear he is ok

That bible basher name rings a bell, was he at Dalkieth transport out Auchterarder way a few years back.?

The Tesco drivers in NI are all with Unite.
About 20 started FT (1st new starts since 2006) in the late Summer and all on crap £9.60hr when existing Tesco drivers are on approx £12hr and nightshift over £14!!!
ALL of them can take Tesco up under “Less Favourable Treatment” employment legislation after a year if they’ve got any BALLS!!!

trevHCS:
I thought Tesco transport was run entirely by Stobarts? Or have they finally seen sense and taken some of it back inhouse. Must admit £12 to £9 would be quite a difference, but maybe it goes up after a while?

Stobarts only run ambient sites, the money doesn’t go up its called a “driver contract” which has a bonus system related to breaks and fleetboard over rev the truck or forget to switch modes and you loose money in £25 increments, hence the reason why there is such a problem in recruiting and retaining drivers.

mike68:

trevHCS:

Stobarts only run ambient sites, the money doesn’t go up its called a “driver contract” which has a bonus system related to breaks and fleetboard over rev the truck or forget to switch modes and you loose money in £25 increments, hence the reason why there is such a problem in recruiting and retaining drivers.

They dont, they run ambient and chilled. But certain depots still have Tesco fleet. Rates and conditions aren’t great but the old Tesco drivers are on way more than Stobart drivers.

mjallby:

busteredwards:

The money offered was £9.60 per hour 42 hours per week with a guaranteed 6 hours per day. You clearly are on the dif terms the HR lady talked about. Hence the reason I turned it down.

Thats a disgrace.

mike68:
Stobart only run ambient sites

No they don’t, they run 2 chilled/frozen DCs (Widnes & Doncaster), maybe that’s why they bought Innovate & zb’ed it up…[emoji15][emoji6]

Stobart took over doncaster then sacked all tesco lads 2 yrs ago not work for them bast