Tesco Liv back to old ways

First time there for a while, went to hand keys in seen sign on door…
'‘Please lock cab and wait in waiting room’ :unamused: :smiling_imp: …wtf for exactly?? :smiling_imp:

Afaik no adults children or kittens were harmed during all the Covid ■■■■■■■■, when they ’ ‘‘allowed’’ us to sit in our cabs …so what is the REAL reason for this?

On a side note…What about all these people who are still ■■■■■■■■ themselves if you cough or sneeze beside them., you still see a few people wearing masks even now. :unamused:

Why tf on the first day did drivers not stick together (ha ha :unamused: ) there and kick off about it in the first instance, why are hauliers not doing something about it so their drivers can get a proper rest when they arrive there?

Waiting room was pretty full :unamused: ,.I thought …
‘‘■■■■ this, I’m off to lie in the bunk’’
Got tipped, back to office, got notes …nobody died.

They do fire drills at my place. Mostly its just the alarms but occasionally they’ll do a full evacuate thingy. The last one they did a couple of weeks ago they had a person unaccounted for and guess where he was? On a goods in bay in his cab. Blissfully unaware of any alarms with his face in his phone on the bunk.

So you see some just really dont help themselves or others by just not switching on the brainpower to go… hmm I shouldn’t be doing this so I’ll keep an eye out/listen or whatever. It is beyond them.

Regarding people wearing masks, I don’t worry or bother about what others do. If they want to wear them still ot alters my life in absolutely no way whatsoever if it makes them happy then go for it.

Suggestion…

Next time you go, wear a mask and insist you sit in the motor.

It’s a crying shame and makes no sense to go back to the old way.

toonsy:
They do fire drills at my place. Mostly its just the alarms but occasionally they’ll do a full evacuate thingy. The last one they did a couple of weeks ago they had a person unaccounted for and guess where he was? On a goods in bay in his cab. Blissfully unaware of any alarms with his face in his phone on the bunk.

So you see some just really dont help themselves or others by just not switching on the brainpower to go… hmm I shouldn’t be doing this so I’ll keep an eye out/listen or whatever. It is beyond them.

Regarding people wearing masks, I don’t worry or bother about what others do. If they want to wear them still ot alters my life in absolutely no way whatsoever if it makes them happy then go for it.

Ok, but it would/has been just as easy to account for drivers whilst all sat in their cabs for the last few months, where as now their stupid rules get drivers in 2 potential places…cab or holding room.

As for masks,…yep, they can stick them on their faces or up their arses if it suits, I’m not fussed either…,.I was merely making an observation and pointing out that those who still care about catching something may feel unsafe sat with a bunch of smelly.(not all btw) drivers.in a small room cooped up together. :neutral_face:

Just to add some drivers were a little less discreet than me, and were sat in their drivers seat,.so I’d imagine they will ‘clamp down’ soon. :unamused:

robroy:

toonsy:

Ok, but it would/has been just as easy to account for drivers whilst all sat in their cabs for the last few months, where as now their stupid rules get drivers in 2 potential places…cab or holding room.

As for masks,…yep, they can stick them on their faces or up their arses if it suits, I’m not fussed either…,.I was merely making an observation and pointing out that those who still care about catching something may feel unsafe sat with a bunch of smelly.(not all btw) drivers.in a small room cooped up together. :neutral_face:

Just to add some drivers were a little less discreet than me, and were sat in their drivers seat,.so I’d imagine they will ‘clamp down’ soon. :unamused:

Exactly. The last paragraph I mean. Some drivers really just don’t help themselves. I can see it from both sides, ie I can see why a company would want to protect themselves - imagine if a driver couldn’t be found and the worst happened - but also likewise I’ve always said there has to be “another” way especially if there’s things in place to avoid pull aways and all that stuff.

robroy:
First time there for a while, went to hand keys in seen sign on door…
'‘Please lock cab and wait in waiting room’ :unamused: :smiling_imp: …wtf for exactly?? :smiling_imp:

Afaik no adults children or kittens were harmed during all the Covid ■■■■■■■■, when they ’ ‘‘allowed’’ us to sit in our cabs …so what is the REAL reason for this?

On a side note…What about all these people who are still ■■■■■■■■ themselves if you cough or sneeze beside them., you still see a few people wearing masks even now. :unamused:

Why tf on the first day did drivers not stick together (ha ha :unamused: ) there and kick off about it in the first instance, why are hauliers not doing something about it so their drivers can get a proper rest when they arrive there?

Waiting room was pretty full :unamused: ,.I thought …
‘’[zb] this, I’m off to lie in the bunk’’
Got tipped, back to office, got notes …nobody died.

I just go back to the cab regardless, unless it’s the frozen bay, I can’t afford the taxi fare there and back more than once.

Still never managed to get banned from Tesco Livingston despite years of trying, time yet.

Perhaps if tesco actually tipped you in a reasonable amount of time it wouldnt be an issue. but when they keep you 2-3-4 or more hours or more then that imho is unreasonable, whatever the reason. If they are running late and have an anticipated wait they should have the decency to tell you on arrival so you can inform your boss (and maybe get pulled out) and also get your head down if needs be, because sitting in those crappy rest rooms is not in the least bit restful!

Haven’t done Tesco Livingstone for about 6 months now and never done it before COVID times .
But the 5 or 6 times I did do it was always allowed back to my cab ( happy days ) but when I did check in or go to the loo or collect my keys there were always a handful, of drivers milling / hanging around in that nasty waiting room , wtf is up with them , gives Tesco a excuse to bring the old rules back .

Happy Trucker1:
Haven’t done Tesco Livingstone for about 6 months now and never done it before COVID times .
But the 5 or 6 times I did do it was always allowed back to my cab ( happy days ) but when I did check in or go to the loo or collect my keys there were always a handful, of drivers milling / hanging around in that nasty waiting room , wtf is up with them , gives Tesco a excuse to bring the old rules back .

nasty waiting room !!! Get a bloody grip , I’ve been in some hell holes over the years and my recollection of Tesco Livingston ( 3 + yrs ago granted ) is not of a hell hole
Just remember we’ve not all got a short run to Newcastle( though I’m sure rob would turn it into Hamilton srvs at 7 pm on a Saturday night, last driver out there ha ha ) , so a lot of us ( me being one ) had a long way back & every minute counted most times , so soon as tipped I wanted keys & gone , not a 1/2 mile walk from a bay up top of yard to fetch keys
To be honest as a agency driver I find most waiting rooms palaces upto most cabs I have to get in , last week I had manager at place I was at taking pics of state of cabs , one lorry was apparently a tramper ( which I found hard to believe ,) but manager insisted it was , other no idea , both made my skin crawl

That’s fine
You stick to the what you call palace waiting rooms
I will stick to my nice clean warm comfy cab with my own kettle biscuits
And whatever goodies I have and chill on my bunk or seat

dozy:

Happy Trucker1:

nasty waiting room !!! Get a bloody grip , I’ve been in some hell holes over the years and my recollection of Tesco Livingston ( 3 + yrs ago granted ) is not of a hell hole
Just remember we’ve not all got a short run to Newcastle( though I’m sure rob would turn it into Hamilton srvs at 7 pm on a Saturday night, last driver out there ha ha ) , so a lot of us ( me being one ) had a long way back & every minute counted most times , so soon as tipped I wanted keys & gone , not a 1/2 mile walk from a bay up top of yard to fetch keys
To be honest as a agency driver I find most waiting rooms palaces upto most cabs I have to get in , last week I had manager at place I was at taking pics of state of cabs , one lorry was apparently a tramper ( which I found hard to believe ,) but manager insisted it was , other no idea , both made my skin crawl

Big up to dozy for giving ME advice on tramping… :open_mouth: :laughing:
From the guy who has spent most of his nights out in remote lay bys or ones on the edge of main trunk roads getting rocked to sleep/death with his mirrors pulled in, after stress laden 15 hour days, parking up on 14 59 mins… sat noshing his pot noodle. :smiley: …not a euphemism btw. :smiley:

As for Hamilton services?..Nah not me doze,.I’d be in one of a few places I’ve known over the years up there,…for instance maybe Capos bar having a pint and a hot meal, but yeh maybe after a shower at Hamilton, with still about an hour to spare off a 13 hour max shift.
If you want me to give you directions to it give me a shout,.I’m sure you won’t know where it is as it’s nowhere near a godforsaken lay by or an MSA… :wink:

Anyhoo doze fyi I didn’t park up anywhere, I was home by 5pm after a 10 hour day. and Saturday is part of my 4 day pattern…as I’ve told you before I think., but you love to wind me up you little devil, shame on you. :laughing:

Btw doze if those cabs are as bad as you say why tf are you even taking them out of the yard ?
Buggered if I would, but then again I don’t respond to pressure put on me by some ■■■■ in an office … you should try it bud. :wink:

I’ve heard tesco daventry is the same now too. I did a great bear site yesterday, drop trailer pull forward abit then hand keys in.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

When I was tipping at tesco,Reading,the notice said that all drivers must sit in the passenger seat.I was the only one to abide by this rule.Sometimes we dont do ourselves any favours.If I was the manager there and I seen everyone flout the rules,it would have an effect on what decision I would make

mark1284:
I’ve heard tesco daventry is the same now too. I did a great bear site yesterday, drop trailer pull forward abit then hand keys in.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Unfortunately it’s true.

Just drop the trailer, and tell them to phone you when they have done

Amazon have now gone back to the waiting room farce after the more sensible process during COVID. Me and a couple other of our drivers have told them we won’t go in the waiting room as we either have vulnerable family members or in one lads case “I just don’t want to!”. We now unhook and park opposite/in a free parking space or where the shunters park. We don’t have any problems at Tesco as we’re drop and swap.

Hard to believe that truck drivers in this day and age would hand there keys over to a unknown person
So much for the hard mans image
I would never give my keys to anyone
I would never leave my cab, it’s my place of work.
At the drop of a hat I would pull the load out without a second thought if I had to
Then you have the German way of working it didn’t take long for them to show the drivers here how it’s done in Germany, i have no objection to tipping or loading with the proper tools but if it was expected and part of your normal duty without extra then you can stuff your German way, but yet you always get and you always have what’s called the bottom of the barrel drivers.
It’s not like you arrived somewhere and the guy says I’m very busy don’t have time, your pallets are there and a electric truck if you want to load yourself go ahead, you will be out of here quicker
Like a light I would load myself
Please some driver post and tell me for doing what you’re doing at least 4 people’s jobs for the price of 1 that they are earning at least 1200 a week
Loader
Unloader
Opening the premises, locking it
Checker
Dogsbody
No disrespect to anyone you have to crawl before your can walk

Was in ther yesterday again,.and I messed up big style…my own stupid fault.
Went to hand notes in, put keys in locker,.and discreetly slipped out looking forward to an hour or so on the bunk with a coffee …got back to truck and discovered I’d locked the ■■■■ cab out of force of habit. :unamused:
2 and a half ■■■■ hours in that dingy craphole of a waiting room : :imp:

Now I ain’t a Covid paranoid, (morning Franglais :laughing: :wink: ) but apparentlly it is still out there., and I have no desire to spend another couple of days feeling like absolute crap as I did last time.
I’ve no qualms or objections whatsiever about going into crowded pubs venues etc as that is MY decision,… but I will be so severely ■■■■■■ off if I have picked something nasty up yesterday while sat in close proximity to whoever…about 20 of em. :unamused:

It’s quite rare that I return to the cab when tipping at Livingston on account of me being bone idle coupled to the fact that the frozen bays are located just outside Edinburgh :imp:

robroy:
Was in ther yesterday again,.and I messed up big style…my own stupid fault.
Went to hand notes in, put keys in locker,.and discreetly slipped out looking forward to an hour or so on the bunk with a coffee …got back to truck and discovered I’d locked the [zb] cab out of force of habit. :unamused:
2 and a half [zb] hours in that dingy craphole of a waiting room : :imp:

As long as they hadn’t started tipping you yet, couldn’t you just have got your keys out of the locker, unlocked the lorry, and put the keys back in the locker? No need even to tell the Tesco staff.