Tesco job

rob22888:

sco:
if you achieve bonus and do standard hours, works out to nearly £34k

How?

2 shifts at weekend rate (17hrs) : £201.78
3 shifts at weekday rate (25.5hrs) : £246.07
Total: £447.85 a week x 52 weeks = £23,288 + £2,400 bonuses = £25,688

And thats working every single Saturday & Sunday.

Have I gone wrong somewhere with my maths, because we are miles apart.

Yeah i had done it wrong. lol.

they say in the advert earn 26-32k i take it that must be if you are doing 12 hr days etc.

karl67:
Your rota will include weekends off.

No, contract is for constant weekend work.

DAF95XF:
Selby newcomer will be along to say how wonderful they are in a minute :unamused:

+1:lol:

toby1234abc:
A tyre fitter called out for a 5 th wheel problem.
Maybe the manager thought the 5th wheel had a puncture.

that’s more or less what the dipstick thought,never have I worked for an outfit with no knowledge of transport operations than Tesco,hard to believe but the tm didn’t know what the 5th wheel was… :blush:

I think what we really need to see from an employer - is “Gordon Brown” keynsian style…

The first place a firm should “lose money” is in paying top dollar for their workforce.
NEVER should the workforce be a “loss leader”.

There have been too many years of so-called “good times” when firms told us “We’ll only raise wages limited to the rate of inflation”.
Yet there’s no limit to how far fiscal drag takes them down in the “bad times” which start as soon as you’re “no longer number one”…

Basic pay is the attention grabber. Shift, weekend, and overtime add-ons should not figure in that headline rate.
Essentially, every job applicant should KNOW what the “basic pay” is before attending interview. AT the interview, you can be told of the aladdin’s cave of T&Cs that exist for all the “add-ons” you can get.

15 years ago at Royal Mail for example, I’d argue the wages in real terms starting rising to reach a plateu, which lasted until the “way forward” deal in 2002 scrapped what would have seen us rise to “Railway Driver” levels of pay by now IF it hadn’t been nipped in the bud… The Union got bought-off the original pay pantheon by a one-off massive pay rise, then MARK TIME add ons for years to follow… It ended up only being worth around 3.5% when averaged out over all the years as a whole. What got thrown away though… Double time for saturdays got scrapped, time and a third for weekday after 7pm got scrapped… you had to work a full shift to get a “day off in lieu” for working bank holidays from then on, instead of the “old” system which used to get you that day off if you worked something like 16:30 sunday to 00:30 bank holiday morning…

All thrown away, because the Union can only think in terms of “bums on seats” rather than the large amount of the driving workforce that were “docket kings” - myself included. :frowning:

For all the moaning about benefits dole or tax credit, these pay rises you moan about were being paid by the tax payer as the Royal Mail wouldn’t of existed without it. So you were basically being paid by the public ■■■■■ and moan that it wasn’t good enough :unamused:
I’ve never ever heard anyone moan as much as you get off your high horse and wind your bleeding neck in you’re a boring ■■■■■ :laughing:

+1
It happened at Tesco when we were on the old contrat before annualised hours. We would now be on train driver money we used to get more than what they are paying now in the mid 90s.

OllieNotts:
For all the moaning about benefits dole or tax credit, these pay rises you moan about were being paid by the tax payer as the Royal Mail wouldn’t of existed without it. So you were basically being paid by the public ■■■■■ and moan that it wasn’t good enough :unamused:
I’ve never ever heard anyone moan as much as you get off your high horse and wind your bleeding neck in you’re a boring [zb]. :laughing:

What wasn’t good enough by me was that the majority of the union voted FOR the crap deal, because they didn’t and couldn’t see the effect fiscal drag would have upon it.
The deal we were on before was compounding better and better as the rate of inflation fell through the 90’s, and when long term interest rates fell as well - the RM across the board automatic pay deal would have been GREAT in the long term, as are “final salary pensions” and 18% annuities - also available back then, which have all been removed from the shelves since.

There is, of course, a direct correlation between those who can’t do the math of stealth pay cuts/deductions/taxes and those who heartily vote YES to a big one-off pay rise, even though after a few short years EVERY worker is going to be well out of pocket.

Anything gained “for the taxpayer” regarding this “bum deal palmed off on the workforce” was ultimately thrown away by floating RM too cheaply of course. Thus, the taxpayer gained nowt!

If I sound like I’m moaning a lot, it’s at the stupidity of the worker I find alongside me who just can’t - or won’t - see sense, and even attempt to throw it in my face as some kind of reason to disrespect me - that’ll be you included then. :unamused: :imp:

The weakness in any democratic system is that if the majority of people are idiots - they’ll always vote for the idiotic thing over listening to the few higher IQs among them, and deferring to their judgement instead. Most people argue that “If I were a millionaire instead of among the ranks, they’d listen to me”.

If I were a millionaire, I’d perhaps no longer give a ■■■■ about my rank and file fellow workers though - wouldn’t I?

DAF95XF:
Selby newcomer will be along to say how wonderful they are in a minute :unamused:

Still bitter I see…if you didnt get caught pulling fast ones you’d probably still be there :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

Pimpdaddy:

DAF95XF:

Pimpdaddy, I cant say youll be along in a minute with your usual drivel coz you have already posted it :wink: :laughing:

sco:

karl67:
Your rota will include weekends off.

No, contract is for constant weekend work.

Is it tuesday & wednesdays off?? I have heard thats the contract on offer at Didcot as well

Maybe they burned the cooling tower down by mistake last week then… Perhaps the Nobbies/Tescos yard was intended? :stuck_out_tongue: :grimacing:
Hands up who would clap if that place found some reason to close down…

I’m sorry but I wouldn’t work for tesco while there’s a hole in my 4rse :smiley:

Same as any job, some like it & some dont

selby newcomer:

Pimpdaddy:

DAF95XF:

Pimpdaddy, I cant say youll be along in a minute with your usual drivel coz you have already posted it :wink: :laughing:

Im too quick eh:lol:
Glad I’m not the only one who dislikes tesco on here:grin:

Doesn’t sound good that . I know co-op pay about 14 per hour on nights weekday shift . Iceland pay about 12

Co op are salary paid.

selby newcomer:

DAF95XF:

Still bitter I see…if you didnt get caught pulling fast ones you’d probably still be there :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

Not bitter at all, I’m doing something I enjoy for better money and weekly pay :wink:
Btw what’s this about a day driver being asked to leave and a night manager on suspension?
But eh, I don’t know what’s going on at Tesco eh :wink:

karl67:

LASHHGV:
Don’t agree with the 49 mph

you don’t have to do 49 mph you can go slower.

One of them was doing about 10mph slower along the A50 earlier. Very considerate of others on a Friday afternoon, I thought.

DAF95XF:

selby newcomer:

DAF95XF:

Not bitter at all, I’m doing something I enjoy for better money and weekly pay :wink:
Btw what’s this about a day driver being asked to leave and a night manager on suspension?
But eh, I don’t know what’s going on at Tesco eh :wink:

I don’t know about a night manager on suspension, I work days so have no interest in night staff, but if your on about the day driver I know about then he left of his own accord, not asked to leave at all, no other day drivers have left lately…so 50% of what you think you know is wrong :wink: