Tesco Doncaster

Not anymore if the driver has been finished/got what’s theirs :slight_smile:

You lot are WRONG Tesco limited there units to 49.5 mph and we were monitored via isotrak for driving standards harsh braking harsh acceleration anyone doing over 49.5 mph on overrun was spoken too even tho merc told Tesco 52mph was the best for economy Tesco insisted on the 49.5 mph limit
Yes there were couple of our drivers doing 45mph on A1 which I agree was stupid and I told them so

Fair play to you lads, hope you enjoy your Chrimbo and get sorted work wise asap.

Ignore the knockers, the politics of envy is an ugly thing aint it? Don’t think we’ll ever see the Police smashing picket lines in this country ever again. Not when your fellow workers and “supposed” brothers are willing to stick the knife in and laugh at your plight. To££ers. :smiling_imp:

bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-so … e-20717386

Let’s hope the majority of those drivers ending their employment with tesco /ESL have jobs to go to, or are able to make the payoff last beyond Easter. The harsh reality is there’s not a lot of driving work out there Atm. Also it’s only going to be worse after Xmas when the bleak season kicks in.
So you might be wise to take the exotic holiday brochures away from the Mrs, & curb her plans for a Xmas blowout with the monies due & buckle down the hatches for the months ahead.

Or as Mr Macawber states in Dickens David Copperfield

Recipe for happiness:
“Annual income twenty pounds, annual expenditure nineteen [pounds] nineteen [shillings] and six [pence], result happiness.
Annual income twenty pounds, annual expenditure twenty pounds ought and six, result misery.”

Ironically a few years ago (10?) I looked at transferring across to Doncaster when a depot I worked at for (wincanton) closed and many of the drivers & several of the office staff (Alix, andy, Jo Panks etc) took jobs there

peirre:

jessicas dad:
If you answer this question as it always bothered me… why did all the Tesco lorries drive so slow■■?

As I use the A1 a lot I’ve overtaken Tesco lorries doing 45mph on it, what’s all that about.

I can deffinately tell you the doncaster trucks where not limited to 50 :wink:

ianb4310:
60%

60% should make johnny roper & Co happier

I think you will find he got out early

revman:
I think you will find he got out early

I knew John was getting on in years, but havent spoken to him for a while, so I wasnt sure if he`d retired or not.
Though I did see Andy (the fat controller) recently wearing his ESL managers unifrom in my local Tesco store

John roper did retire early before all this kicked off ,Andy Searby tfc is still there and so is Alex and Jo the office staff are not being made redundant
I don’t think any if us going to book the cruise we know its harsh out there
Most of us wanted to get new jobs sorted ASAP ( except the ones nearly retired) BUT and it’s a big BUT ESL wouldn’t give us a defiant finish date so we go to perspective employers saying we need a job but I’m not quite sure when
I was lucky I’ve sorted a new job to start in January but for lots of my mates it’s not going to be easy

I used to do ayg at Livingston (old building)
Was tapped on the shoulder a few times for doing 56mph on a motorway and passed a few if there drivers !
Was basicly told it wasn’t good to pass them or I wouldn’t get another shift !
Never anything official just a we comment here or there, ended up asking ayg to move me to M&S ■■■■■■■■■■■ , much nicer place to work !

ianb4310:
Andy Searby. tfc

The only bloke I knew who bought himself a Yamaha R1 motorbike and couldn’t work out why he couldn’t get the maximum performance out of it.
Until someone pointed out its all about getting the power to weight ratio right. :wink:

:laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

peirre:

ianb4310:
Andy Searby. tfc

The only bloke I knew who bought himself a Yamaha R1 motorbike and couldn’t work out why he couldn’t get the maximum performance out of it.
Until someone pointed out its all about getting the power to weight ratio right. :wink:

Lol

Well word has it, that it looks like all those Tesco drivers…you know the ones with “Balls” amongst the trucking fraternity…have won the first round.
Appears their tactics of refusing to let “Contractors” cross the picket line has made Tesco and Stobart sit back and take notice.
The immovable ESL have upped their offer of a better severance payment and agreement.
Not all is rosy tho’ apparently other depots are in the firing line for some of the same as Doncaster experienced.
So to all of those who condemned the Doncaster lads…you know what to expect. Merry Christmas and a Happy new Year. :laughing:

Ive just received a text message asking if Im available to work at tesco Doncaster next week

Solly:
Well word has it, that it looks like all those Tesco drivers…you know the ones with “Balls” amongst the trucking fraternity…have won the first round.
Appears their tactics of refusing to let “Contractors” cross the picket line has made Tesco and Stobart sit back and take notice.
The immovable ESL have upped their offer of a better severance payment and agreement.
Not all is rosy tho’ apparently other depots are in the firing line for some of the same as Doncaster experienced.
So to all of those who condemned the Doncaster lads…you know what to expect. Merry Christmas and a Happy new Year. :laughing:

That’s an interesting development I reckon. Not sure if anyone has stood up to ESL before. I’m sure someone here will know either way.

Btw Tesco lads, you have my sincere best wishes at these difficult times for you and your families.

well done the donny lads , now whos next ■■ whos doin the book then

Thanks Hollie.
Whoever they go for next, you must stay strong and stick together. They will try all sorts of things to divide and conquer.
I know people thought we were over paid but c’mon people don’t be so willing to be shafted by these big companies that are monopolizing the haulage industry by lowering the rates and expecting drivers to work for peanuts. :neutral_face:

Well said Carlos

Henrys cat:
If you believe that then I presume you belive in Santa too :grimacing: :grimacing: .

You think I am a figment?