Tesco Doncaster

Don’t ya just love keyboard warriors?
This is why drivers always get f****d over.
They’re brilliant at sitting in cafes putting the world to rights but they say nothing when it’s time to stand up and be counted.
If you don’t know the full facts then don’t pass judgement.
Our union men did us proud and we have had plenty of offers of financial support but we didn’t ask for it and we don’t want it although the intentions are appreciated.
So please wind your necks in a bit. We are neither out on the streets or relocating to the Bahamas.
We’ll have a couple of weeks off then go and work somewhere else. It really is as simple as that.
No fuss, no drama.

Well done to all concerned.

Union men are aerosols full stop, thou don’t give a monkeys about anyone so always look after #1!
Ianb4310 some of us have been there & done that, sacked, laid off, made redundant, take ur pick. A real man would cut his losses & move on quietly…after all there are still families to be supported.

To that end then I must be as you say “a real man” as I’ve already got another job to go to in January but for now in going to enjoy my month off on full pay so merry Christmas to you and yours :wink:

Mine will be merry alright-Im not dumb enough to work for tesco…! :slight_smile:

Neither do I :wink:

Pimpdaddy:
Mine will be merry alright-Im not dumb enough to work for tesco…! :slight_smile:

what a ■■■ you are. No you will do the same supermarket work for less. Or your an agency driver. That get treated even worse than these lads have.

Cheers matey… I don’t do supermarket work anyway, it’s tish (namely tesco) I’ll leave it to the eastern euros to do it for lower than lowest-time to get out if this game boys & girls!!!

ianb4310:
That’s up to you your entitled to your opinion I never said I was a rocket scientist and yes the job was a doddle but we didn’t deserve to lose our jobs
As you so nicely put good luck to you replacements ill tell you again see if you can understand if I say it slowly they’re not replacing us they’re using existing drivers so good luck to them

If you believe that then I presume you belive in Santa too :grimacing: :grimacing:

In the short term they will be using the existing fleet and subbies, but I reckon by the middle of next year they will be employing drivers at Donny. The top and bottom of it was you were too expensive.

Good luck to you all in finding new work.

ianb4310:
Happysack n pimpdaddy you really sound like nice people I do hope the same happens to you one day but then again that would be sinking to your level !

Well said hope all goes well for the further

Carlos Fandango:
Don’t ya just love keyboard warriors?
This is why drivers always get f****d over.
They’re brilliant at sitting in cafes putting the world to rights but they say nothing when it’s time to stand up and be counted.
If you don’t know the full facts then don’t pass judgement.
Our union men did us proud and we have had plenty of offers of financial support but we didn’t ask for it and we don’t want it although the intentions are appreciated.
So please wind your necks in a bit. We are neither out on the streets or relocating to the Bahamas.
We’ll have a couple of weeks off then go and work somewhere else. It really is as simple as that.
No fuss, no drama.

:laughing: Good luck with that one, right after Christmas.

Henrys cat:

ianb4310:
That’s up to you your entitled to your opinion I never said I was a rocket scientist and yes the job was a doddle but we didn’t deserve to lose our jobs
As you so nicely put good luck to you replacements ill tell you again see if you can understand if I say it slowly they’re not replacing us they’re using existing drivers so good luck to them

If you believe that then I presume you belive in Santa too :grimacing: :grimacing:

In the short term they will be using the existing fleet and subbies, but I reckon by the middle of next year they will be employing drivers at Donny. The top and bottom of it was Tossco and Stobarts continue to try and shaft the working people of this country. Nowt but greedy bastarts.

Good luck to you all in finding new work.

FTFY

Henrys cat:
The top and bottom of it was you were too expensive.

Exactly… And for what?..

I don’t want your sympathy I was just letting you know the out come

ianb4310:
we are all on gardening leave and paid up in lieu with an enhanced redundancy package

percentage wise, how much more on top of the original offer?

The Coca Cola Kid:
ESL had to do something quickly,all those subbies sat on the car park at something like £400 per unit for upto four hours each soon adds up to a shed load of money,they also incur financial penalties from Tesco for not hitting service criteria.

The simplest solution to move the strikers away from the gates was to convince them to sit at home. Call it “gardening leave” or any other name with pay
A smart move by ESL giving them a few extra quid each, may probably be cheaper than the financial penalties looming from Tesco etc.
IMO It seems its not the 1st time the carrot has been replaced by a few £££ note on the end of the stick to lure the intended away from their spot & break up a fight,
these days they call it “gardening leave” or “an enhanced redundancy package”

60%

If you answer this question as it always bothered me… why did all the Tesco lorries drive so slow■■?

As I use the A1 a lot I’ve overtaken Tesco lorries doing 45mph on it, what’s all that about.

jessicas dad:
If you answer this question as it always bothered me… why did all the Tesco lorries drive so slow■■?

As I use the A1 a lot I’ve overtaken Tesco lorries doing 45mph on it, what’s all that about.

I can deffinately tell you the doncaster trucks where not limited to 50 :wink:

ianb4310:
60%

60% should make johnny roper & Co happier

All tesco motors are limited to 49.5mph, nothing goes faster! They claim it’s to save fuel but I think it’s something that was started by the work shy to drive slower so they can do less work or whatever(wincanton rings a bell). Tesco once put up a notice in goods out at a certain site I want to reminding drivers of the speed limits in a polite way (basically do 56 as we are getting complaints of driving too slow). They then gave up on it & now it is what it is, keep an eye out for them before you get injured/killed by this dangerous sort of driving practice…

Pimpdaddy:
All tesco motors are limited to 49.5mph, nothing goes faster! …

I can personnelly testify that I`ve had many of the Doncaster motors cruising at 90 kph, passing the staff drivers chugging along at 65-79 kph, so the only “limiting” is the drivers right foot