tesco chilled dagenham/rainham

Attending for an asessment and interveiw this week for tesco chilled at rainham wondering how the jobs working out for the people allready started.its direct on for tesco not agency.be intrested to hear.

a guy who worked with me went there started and came back within six weeks he said that was direct but i thought it was all TDG or whatever

europleb:
Attending for an asessment and interveiw this week for tesco chilled at rainham wondering how the jobs working out for the people allready started.its direct on for tesco not agency.be intrested to hear.

Cue Pimpdaddy :smiley:

top-gun:

europleb:

Cue Pimpdaddy :smiley:

:laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

On cue #pimpdaddy says tesco is ■■■■, stay well clear, look elsewhere…!!!

A mate called them (Dagenham depot) last week to enquire about class 1 positions, he asked them what was the reason they are still looking for drivers considering they opened it in May (I think) , and he was told some drivers come they do like the job and leave, so that’s why they are still looking for class 1 drivers.
I would have thought any one who applies to be a Tesco driver knows very well what to expect, plus you need to be experienced to be considered for the job, so drivers that apply have been around for a while, these are not newly qualified drivers applying there, getting the job and then after a few weeks quitting because it wasn’t what they expected.
Why would drivers be quitting after working there for only a few weeks?

hkloss1:

Some have left for different reasons.
Some don’t like the shift pattern
90 % of our work is london ie expresses tail lift work.
They may not pass their 12 week probationary period.
You are expected to reach a high standard of driving on your fleetboard score in 12 weeks.This will affect your probation period.
You’ll soon know if its with tesco or trg by who does your interview/assessment.
Both are still doing interviews.

hkloss1:

Err maybe because they luckily realised that it’s a ■■■■ job & a ■■■■ outfit to work for that isn’t as cracked up to be as people think it is…RUN DRIVER RUN:):slight_smile:

I got asked if I wanted to go working out of there for 7 weeks (ESL). Would of been all expenses paid and a good opportunity but it was too long to be away from the family.

karl67:

hkloss1:

Some have left for different reasons.
Some don’t like the shift pattern
90 % of our work is london ie expresses tail lift work.
They may not pass their 12 week probationary period.
You are expected to reach a high standard of driving on your fleetboard score in 12 weeks.This will affect your probation period.
You’ll soon know if its with tesco or trg by who does your interview/assessment.
Both are still doing interviews.

If the job was that good people wouldn’t leave and there wouldn’t still be interviews going on

^^^^^ My point exactly…!

Tarrman:
I got asked if I wanted to go working out of there for 7 weeks (ESL). Would of been all expenses paid and a good opportunity but it was too long to be away from the family.

Did the expenses include travelling back home weekly for your rest days?

they are still taking on drivers due to more work being taken on by the depot, no point in employing a full quota of drivers from the off when the DC isn’t doing its full quota of work yet. as the weeks go by they take on more n more stores. pretty simple really.

kjw21:

Tarrman:

Did the expenses include travelling back home weekly for your rest days?

All fuel costs were covered and I would of been put up in a local hotel for the duration of the week(s). Another thing which swayed my decision not to do it was the fact that it was driving around London and being a newbie working nights I wasn’t confident enough to go onto days around the busy capital.

selby newcomer:
they are still taking on drivers due to more work being taken on by the depot, no point in employing a full quota of drivers from the off when the DC isn’t doing its full quota of work yet. as the weeks go by they take on more n more stores. pretty simple really.

This ^^^^

selby newcomer:

It seems simple to you & I but we all know that the powers that be in tesco are too stupid to think along those ‘simple’ lines, there’s more to it. As mentioned above the question still remains, why are people starting then jacking the job in before long…?

Pimpdaddy:

selby newcomer:

It seems simple to you & I but we all know that the powers that be in tesco are too stupid to think along those ‘simple’ lines, there’s more to it. As mentioned above the question still remains, why are people starting then jacking the job in before long…?

That’s been answered above by a fella who works there, he said it could be the shift start times, alot of London work, alot of taillift work, might not like fridge work, could be for any reason. I’m at Reading, and I know of 1 driver that packed it in midway through a shift, I can’t see why Dagenham would have loads leaving and Reading hasn’t.

I only know of 2 new tesco starters that have left.
Alot of ex harlow worked their 8 week period and opted to leave, and take their money and keep their pension at the higher rate.
A good few trg have left.

I know the new m&s dc that’s being built nearby is being talked about by drivers so i don’t know what they are going to be paying etc.

selby newcomer:
That’s been answered above by a fella who works there, he said it could be the shift start times, alot of London work, alot of taillift work, might not like fridge work, could be for any reason.

‘it could be’ Basically it’s a ■■■■ job then…:slight_smile::):):slight_smile:

I’m with Pimpdaddy on this!