Tesco booking times

Have just had a verbal warning over a “failed” Tesco delivery, because I was 45 mins early arriving at site, nobody said anything at site, and i was tipped and away in an hour…is this for real or do we have to arrive bang on booking time?

That’s daft :exclamation: :exclamation:

If you were early and the site was not ready then they could have asked you to take a break/wait elsewhere until ready.

Why wait til after they tip you and then complain - don’t make logical sense. :confused: :confused: :confused:

I know Rog…it’s not me being dense is it??

cant speak for tesco but usually its a 15minute slot either side or a fine is imposed due to the site being owned by tesco and the logistics side of things being owned by someone else

Cant see actual money cahanging hands but oints imposed to the logistical side

Cheers ■■■■■■…didn’t know about that.

Wobble:
I know Rog…it’s not me being dense is it??

No mate.

The only other way that I could see a complaint being made is if the driver was ‘playing up’ and so they tipped to keep the peace and put in a complaint on that basis.

i think it dates back to the japanese just in time method thats stops having unessacary slack. So if its wincanton doing the logistics then if they dont score well they put out the contract to another logistical provider

The failed delivery for being 45mins early, is probably down to the way Tesco record their bookings, Ive been told several times by the clerks that they cannot enter the data on the computers, any sooner than 30mins prior. however Ive been allocated a bay just before the 30mins and by the time Ive walked the 5 miles from the furthest bay, back in the G / In office theyre able to do the data entry.

■■■■■■00:
cant speak for tesco but usually its a 15minute slot either side

AFAIK its 30 mins either side of the booking time at tescos, likewise with sainsburys.

however, due to DHLs macarb planning idea of tesco deliveries (at the depot I agy at), they actually print on the manifest a delivery time 1hr before the actual time Im due there. which means Ive arrived at various tesco RDCs at the time I figure Im meant to be there, or 30mins before that, and got kicked out for being far too early :unamused: this causes new drivers lots of problems

however some Tesco RDCs (goole & fradley pk) have let me in on arrival, the latter however tends to tell me to park up opposite goods in and come back later. Ive lost count of the number of times Im been kicked out of Thurrock & fenny lock & told to come back later. but knowing the knack now, I tend to pull into thurrock services if Im early when heading down there, because there isn`t really anywhere else to park up close by

It gets me how you were verballed without a prior brief: It seems typical whereby ‘managers’ often hide behind a silent wall of non-communication only to pop-up with a nuclear holocaust when things go slightly adrift.

It seems that such hopeless leadership is creeping into too many facets of daily working life …can’t people speak a friendly word up-front these days?

In conclusion: Every little helps? Yeah …the conniving gets! (I don’t use them unless necessary - though I admit that I’ve agency worked for them).

I dont know what happened to the old idea of setting your alarm clock 15 minutes fast so you would not be late up.

We often get a phone call to see where we are when we are sat in a queue to tip with a customer saying we are late.

Another customer rings to see what time we arrive, what time we leave and what time we get on the bays. Its the same if we tell them we went in early and have already left

Wobble:
Have just had a verbal warning over a “failed” Tesco delivery, because I was 45 mins early arriving at site, nobody said anything at site, and i was tipped and away in an hour…is this for real or do we have to arrive bang on booking time?

Sounds to me like things are slack and they are looking for “excuses” to lose a driver or 2. The verbal is the first stage. watch out for impossible deadlines. IE a booked time that will put you over your time unless you go in early or a booking time that Lewis Hamilton might have trouble making.

Wobble:

Tesco’s RDC i think there is a half an hour window each side of your booking time, appear out with that window and the company will be fined supposedly. Unless you know your going to be late and call up and let them know.

Boots at Worcester and Nottingham are the same. Meant to be 15 mins either side of the booking time - but if you park anywhere on the road near the gate the security staff try to get you to go in early only for the goods in to send you back out until your original time. I now refuse to go in until bang on the booking time. What chance have we got when they cant even communicate 200 yards to their own staff.

peirre:
however, due to DHLs macarb planning idea of tesco deliveries (at the depot I agy at), they actually print on the manifest a delivery time 1hr before the actual time Im due there. which means Ive arrived at various tesco RDCs at the time I figure Im meant to be there, or 30mins before that, and got kicked out for being far too early :unamused: this causes new drivers lots of problems

Wow DHL being early lol

I was doing a run for DHL down from Bellshill to Knowlsey drop trailer, then across to Skelmersdale with empty, then pick up a trailer up to Tesco Livi.

About 4hrs 20mins to Skelmersdale, then about 4hrs 10min up to Tesco Livi.

Booking time was 0100 or 0200, yet having to leave Bellshill at 1700 or worse at times 1800 always at least an hour late usually 2.

I got sick of the constant where you been driver your late !

Did it recently though and more organised later booking times, actually made it on time.

peirre:
The failed delivery for being 45mins early, is probably down to the way Tesco record their bookings, Ive been told several times by the clerks that they cannot enter the data on the computers, any sooner than 30mins prior. however Ive been allocated a bay just before the 30mins and by the time Ive walked the 5 miles from the furthest bay, back in the G / In office theyre able to do the data entry.

Is this always the case, did Tescos a few years ago from Gloucester was a 0330 booking time, but was getting up there for 0200 so sitting about. Was speaking to guy at Wincanton Gloucester who we were delivering for and i mentioned i was on job and finish and was a pain sitting about waiting to go into Tesco Livi, he said you don’t need to wait with this load its ASAP won’t get knocked back or fined for being early.

He went away checked and confirmed it.

Try this; next time some jumped up little RDC clerk says “you should’ve been here at 8am” just ask “why, what happened then?”

Doesn’t get you anywhere but it does always make me chuckle.

I turned up at Booker Wellingborough RDC my booking in time was 1600 i got there at 1315 said to them your my last delivery is there any chance of tipping the gate house phoned down to goods in good news went in on to bay 2 tipped by 1400 happy man :astonished: :astonished: :astonished: :astonished: :astonished: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

i worked at stobs for a while and there were times for you to collect rather then tip, however some drivers stobs irlams prestons ect would turn up 2/3 hours early, thats ok in some circumstances but there were days when the yard got jammed up with trucks waiting to collect stuff,that was still on trucks we were waiting for and would need tipping,.

so there were times when drivers were asked to go and park up elsewhere,

but to get a verbal for it is ridiculous

Or how about if they don’t tip you on your booking time ask them why and make a sensible complaint over the counter.
I did that at bookers hatfield some time back.
They apologised :wink:

Tesco are arses.

turned up at Booker Wellingborough RDC my booking in time was 1600 i got there at 1315 said to them your my last delivery is there any chance of tipping the gate house phoned down to goods in good news went in on to bay 2 tipped by 1400 happy man

Then the next one does it , then the next one does it .Then when someone turns up at the correct time they are stuck in a que of peope that shouldn’t be there.Thats ■■■■■■■ annoying. :imp:

paul@midway:
Or how about if they don’t tip you on your booking time ask them why and make a sensible complaint over the counter.
I did that at bookers hatfield some time back.
They apologised :wink:

Tesco are arses.

turned up at Booker Wellingborough RDC my booking in time was 1600 i got there at 1315 said to them your my last delivery is there any chance of tipping the gate house phoned down to goods in good news went in on to bay 2 tipped by 1400 happy man

Then the next one does it , then the next one does it .Then when someone turns up at the correct time they are stuck in a que of peope that shouldn’t be there.Thats [zb] annoying. :imp:

Im not a que jumper they let me in because they had nothing to tip i was there 45 mins in that time only 1 truck came in i believe in trying your luck if they were busy they could have turned me away no problem :smiley: :smiley: