Tesco booking times

I seem to remember one of my first timed deliveries, before that everything was for 8am sharp.

I went to Allied Colloids in Bradford for a 5pm collection. At about midnight I was loaded and I parked up on the lorry park. At 6.30 the next morning the bloke woke me up, said I wasnt booked in but he would tip me now :open_mouth:

Booking times only work if both sides stick to the deal but it is a free for all and I have better things to do than sit in a chemical factory all night when there are tarts to murder :wink:

Just can’t see the point of booking in times at tesco, you break your arse to get there on time then wait three or sometimes more hours to get tipped!!! :angry:

I think Morrisons booking in times are accurate to within about 5 hours. I hate that they tell you to turn up at 10:45 at the Cheshire site so you do. Then you sit in the waiting area being rudely awoken by the Klaxon of doom while you watch numbers tick up until your comes up about 45 minutes after your booking in time.

The first time you go you get all excited thinking “This is it I’m gonna get tipped and be on my way” but oh no the Klaxon of doom is the signal to go and join the other queue waiting for a bay.

So you sit there and the guy wandering around in front (who to be fair is a great bloke) waves you in. You back in pull the curtains and your stuff is efficiently offloaded 2 pallets at a time to be shunted to a guy who checks the quantities.

Now I know that it is important to make sure an order is correct but why do they have to make sure the pallet of hundreds and thousands really has hundreds and thousands in each bloody packet.

So you go park up over the road again and give it 5 for them to count it. Wander over to the window behind which the lovely ladies who have had a humorectomy the day before without the use of anaesthetic live. They ignore me to the point that I feel like Patrick Swayze in Ghost and try to move the klicks cups with the power of my mind. Hang on I need a pee lets ask where the nearest toilets are! Oh yeah back at the gate mate you can’t use this toilet that you can see through the shutters 20 yards away you need to walk 800 yards in the rain. Ok I’ll hold it in and wait here while I exchange horror stories with other doom and gloom mongerers (read drivers who like me have 8 more drops that day).

Yippee my notes are ready lets get cracking where to next… Oh ■■■■ Bookers. 6 drops failed to day it is then. lol

I just think that booking in times should be just that booking in to unload not arrival to join massive queue times.

Nice one, Boz …

RDC’s, i [zb]ing hate them.
i packed in a well paid fridge job because i didn’t trust myself not to inflict serious harm upon a ■■■■■■ at morrisons wakefield.

There is only one rdc we go to from time to time and that is asda at gateshead. They are polite and helpfull, why can’t they all be like that. there are no booking times, but they will tell you to be there by a certain time if possible. you drop your trailer, park up, and the shunter will tell you when it will be ready, he will ask you if he should wake you if it’s done any earlier.

There could be an award system for the best and worst rdc’s.
My vote. Asda, Gateshead…the best award.
Morrisons, Wakefield…the worst most disgusting, should be nuked award.

Back to the thread…DON’T deliver to TESCO. easy.

You would think the traffic commisioners and vosa would step in if a driver was worried about his/her job for being late to one of these places.
“If you’'re late, you’re sacked”. Well if tesco are the instigator then they should be prosecuted. As they are basically forceing drivers to run bent in some cases.

To be honest I think the best system is Lidl at Magna Park. You arrive between 6 and 12 noon and if you are late you tip tomorrow.

Even I can hit a 6 hour window :stuck_out_tongue:

I know Lidl have the same system everywhere but Magna Park are civil to drivers as well, those Cockernese and Scots are just rude, so it makes me very rude back :wink:

limeyphil:
RDC’s, i [zb]ing hate them.
i packed in a well paid fridge job because i didn’t trust myself not to inflict serious harm upon a ■■■■■■ at morrisons wakefield.

There is only one rdc we go to from time to time and that is asda at gateshead. They are polite and helpfull, why can’t they all be like that. there are no booking times, but they will tell you to be there by a certain time if possible. you drop your trailer, park up, and the shunter will tell you when it will be ready, he will ask you if he should wake you if it’s done any earlier.

There could be an award system for the best and worst rdc’s.
My vote. Asda, Gateshead…the best award.
Morrisons, Wakefield…the worst most disgusting, should be nuked award.

I used to go to ASDA’s at washington a lot around 2004 for K line. They also seemed an amiable bunch and also let me use the canteen. Better than most. :slight_smile:

I think you will find it’s people from the North East are just friendly.
I can arrive at our depot with 10 minutes to spare before they go on dinner and need a couple of lifts transhipping onto another trailer.
Most depots would pull faces and make you wait til they had an hours dinner.
Not the newcastle lads.Even with 10 minutes to go they will do it and even work 5 mins into dinner if need be.
Top blokes.

Woolworths (so i was told by the TM in my last job) fine the supplier quite severely (not the haulier) if you are over 15 mins either side of your booking time, and apparently they will (the gatehouse and warehouse that is) actively encourage you to come in outside these times get you on a bay and tip you just so they can make a claim on a failed delivery. Its their way of getting a reduction on their buying in costs.

My new favourite most hated RDC is now Tesco,s in Chepstow, I had 2 pallets of fresh fruit on the other day i got there bang on 1/2 hr early and was told by security that i’d have to wait as i was early, then 1/2 hr after my booking time they let me in and put me on bay 52 where i sat for another 1 hr.
Got a green light so i went in to get my notes only to be told that i now needed to go round to bay 3 to get the other pallet off as it was for that side of the warehouse. :angry:
So off i trundled round to the other bay and then sat there for 1 and a 1/2 hrs until finally i lost my rag went into the warehouse and eventually got one of the motorised pallet truck operators to stop (by standing in front of him and blocking his path as every other one had pretended i wasn’t there as they zoomed past with me shouting “excuse me mayyy…” oh ok then! ) and asked him did he have a normal non motorised pallet truck that i could borrow for 30 seconds.
“why?” he asked… So i can take off the 1 [zb]ing pallet on my trailer that i’ve been waiting 1 and a 1/2 [zb]ing hours to be tipped not to mention the total 3 and a 1/2 hrs i’d been there.
He told me to see the girl checking off stuff over there who in all fairness to her stopped what she was doing put the ramp down and tipped the pallet whilst the bloke that i’d stopped sorted my picking note. So a total of just shy of 4 hrs gatehouse to gatehouse for 2 bloody pallets and it was my last tip on my last shift of the week

Oh and the drivers toilet was padlocked shut and has been for a very long time according to another driver and i had to listen to (overhear) yet another driver doing the old chestnut “my mate pulled his curtains shut on a bay at such and such a place and they called the police and the police said good on ya mate gave him a big pat on the back and then threatened the RDC bod with arrest blardy blardy blah” :unamused:

All in all a fun day :smiley:

Asda Grangemouth are good as well, not been in that much but always in and out pretty quick.

Somerfields East Kilbride prob the worst place i used to go regularly, even one or two pallets be sitting there for three or four hours.

Actually don’t want to be pedantic here but an ontime delivery for Tesco is 29 minutes either time of your booking.

But depending on the customer and which RDC i’m delivering too i get tipped early,you get to know which ones are ok and which ones are not.

I did a bit for Prestons of Potto thru an agency a few years ago and they had the best RDC policy…if it got to 1 hour past your booking time and they hadnt started unloading, pull out!

Only had to do it once…Tesco Hatfield FELT GREAT! :smiley:

BozLeeds:
I think Morrisons booking in times are accurate to within about 5 hours. I hate that they tell you to turn up at 10:45 at the Cheshire site so you do. Then you sit in the waiting area being rudely awoken by the Klaxon of doom while you watch numbers tick up until your comes up about 45 minutes after your booking in time.

The first time you go you get all excited thinking “This is it I’m gonna get tipped and be on my way” but oh no the Klaxon of doom is the signal to go and join the other queue waiting for a bay.

So you sit there and the guy wandering around in front (who to be fair is a great bloke) waves you in. You back in pull the curtains and your stuff is efficiently offloaded 2 pallets at a time to be shunted to a guy who checks the quantities.

Now I know that it is important to make sure an order is correct but why do they have to make sure the pallet of hundreds and thousands really has hundreds and thousands in each bloody packet.

So you go park up over the road again and give it 5 for them to count it. Wander over to the window behind which the lovely ladies who have had a humorectomy the day before without the use of anaesthetic live. They ignore me to the point that I feel like Patrick Swayze in Ghost and try to move the klicks cups with the power of my mind. Hang on I need a pee lets ask where the nearest toilets are! Oh yeah back at the gate mate you can’t use this toilet that you can see through the shutters 20 yards away you need to walk 800 yards in the rain. Ok I’ll hold it in and wait here while I exchange horror stories with other doom and gloom mongerers (read drivers who like me have 8 more drops that day).

Yippee my notes are ready lets get cracking where to next… Oh [zb] Bookers. 6 drops failed to day it is then. lol

I just think that booking in times should be just that booking in to unload not arrival to join massive queue times.

I love Morrissons Northwich, went though all of what you mention, hours and hours… Wait for paperwork only read REFUSED stamped all over it. The tins of beans (or whatever they were) has been loaded up in the rain and were slightly damp. We took them back the next day when they had dried and they were accepted.

Miserable place.

Went to Morrisons in Corby the other day, was running 3 hours late due to the M6 being chuffed up. Walked up to security and apologised for being late, bod looked at his list and a phone-call later i found out i was 21hours early.

Still musn’t grumble.

jase:
Actually don’t want to be pedantic here but an ontime delivery for Tesco is 29 minutes either time of your booking.

Yeah our paperwork for the innovate/stobarts work we do has that printed on the bottom 29 mins before to 29 mins after is considered on time something like that anyway and thats for delivery to Somerfields Bridgwater

limeyphil:
You would think the traffic commisioners and vosa would step in if a driver was worried about his/her job for being late to one of these places.
“If you’'re late, you’re sacked”. Well if tesco are the instigator then they should be prosecuted. As they are basically forceing drivers to run bent in some cases.

Wasn’t Mrs Bell supposed to be investigating Tesco Livingston after a case involving drivers from a Carlisle firm getting done for tacho offences after delivering there?