Telematics warnings

Hi got sacked last week from ice co with no warnings for not wearing a seatbelt though
Telematics on truck. It tells you time,road ,postcode,has anyone had this done to them feel like it’s a very dirty trick.started job with FH with no problems then got brand new R450 had for last 6 months this.Definitly put of driving a truck forever,Driving has to be possibly the worst job in the world, ■■■■ money,■■■■ hours ,get treated like ■■■■ by everyone.Definitly not driving a truck again I’ll go stacking shelves at Asda for same money

And it starts again…

Did you not connect the seatbelt round the back of the driver’s seat (to stop the dash warnings, schoolboy error) or did they catch you on a driver facing camera, which beggers the question of data protection and what particular incident triggered camera footage, though that’s a discussion for another time.

It’s the law, you may not agree with it and i personally find seat belts in lorries a pain in the arse (or rather the shoulders) but wearing it is required by law so i do it, the company you got the boot from obviously take all legal compliances seriously and no one would blame them.
By not wearing it if you get caught it reflects on the company, you took the risk and got caught and they dealt with you, one of those things mate.

Can you get 50 hours a week in regularly at Asda filling shelves, if so happy days, well apart from the back strain of shelf stacking that will manifest itself after the first 8 hours.

At the rate the nuggets are clearing out the bog roll and hand sanitiser i would say 50 hours a week is well achievable for the next few weeks at least

JRC:
Hi got sacked last week from ice co with no warnings for not wearing a seatbelt though
Telematics on truck. It tells you time,road ,postcode,has anyone had this done to them feel like it’s a very dirty trick.started job with FH with no problems then got brand new R450 had for last 6 months this.Definitly put of driving a truck forever,Driving has to be possibly the worst job in the world, [zb] money,[zb] hours ,get treated like [zb] by everyone.Definitly not driving a truck again I’ll go stacking shelves at Asda for same money

Could you elaborate more on the background of what happened and how they had cause to check the telemetry. As we appear to only have half the story

At a guess they use Scania’s ‘Onboard’ telematics system that is fitted on all new Scania and can also be retro-fitted on older ones. Not only registers mpg etc. but also driving style (harsh braking, cornering etc.) and any onboard warnings, probably seatbelt warning is included in this.

tallyman:
At a guess they use Scania’s ‘Onboard’ telematics system that is fitted on all new Scania and can also be retro-fitted on older ones. Not only registers mpg etc. but also driving style (harsh braking, cornering etc.) and any onboard warnings, probably seatbelt warning is included in this.

Scania’s telematics have been able to tell if you’re wearing your seatbelt since at least 2012

At a guess the post is a load of tosh :neutral_face: :neutral_face:

tezza:

Agreed but was loading at Ice Co today and they do have new Scania’s however these could have been seen from his bedroom window :slight_smile:

Mazzer2:

tezza:

Agreed but was loading at Ice Co today and they do have new Scania’s however these could have been seen from his bedroom window :slight_smile:

Ice co do pay a ■■■■ poor rate, £450 gross or something like that for 4 on 4 off tramping, all hours.

BUT they don’t have any Volvo’s as far as I’m aware, Mercs and Scanias only

No it’s definitely real it’s not funny losing your job never been sacked before from any job. Mostly always wear a seatbelt but over a 6 month period had 2 full A4 sheets saying exact time,road and postcode could not believe what my eyes were seeing,they said it’s
Gross misconduct were ending your contact as of now,by no cameras on truck anywhere had two Volvo fh at south Kirby mine was Yh16xxu

JRC:
No it’s definitely real it’s not funny losing your job never been sacked before from any job. Mostly always wear a seatbelt but over a 6 month period had 2 full A4 sheets saying exact time,road and postcode could not believe what my eyes were seeing,they said it’s
Gross misconduct were ending your contact as of now,by no cameras on truck anywhere had two Volvo fh at south Kirby mine was Yh16xxu

does it say how long for you weren’t wearing your seatbelt and what you were doing at the time■■?

JRC:

You " mostly always wear a seat belt " :neutral_face:

as juddian says, love it or hate it, it is the law, only one person at fault here.

You should really be using your seatbelt.
Sorry you lost your job but I can understand why you got the boot.

JRC:

Unlucky driver. These logistic co’s nanny the beejesus out of the drivers.

Rant mode engaged, soz for the tangent.

It’s getting ridiculous nowadays with these new trucks, total PITA to drive. I’ve driven new DHL Volvo’s with the I-see eco roll bobbins, drops you down to 46 mph if left to it’s own devices. They’re all limited to 53 mph, I’d rather they were set to 50 mph and keep a constant speed to keep the pointy shoe mpg wallah’s happy. So disconcerting when the power just disappears. No biggy on an empty road but if you are in a platoon of trucks on the motorway…

The new mirror less mercs are chuffing awful, the cameras are ■■■■■■ very difficult to judge distance and speed of traffic when planning an overtake. Visibility is better in the rain unless you get a droplet of water on the lens, then you can’t see much although this is rare, you can heat the lens but takes a while to dry. Very, very poor tight manoeuvring “feel”. Visibility Seemed ok in the dusk although not tried them in pitch black.

Also, who uses micro usb ffs, why not put a normal usb for is Apple users and a micro usb if you must. The software in the merc and the Volvo will also mute the radio from time to time and you can’t get sound till you restart the engine. [emoji849]

The new Merc’s are gutless uphill which most know about and I don’t think you can switch off the predictive cruise control, only reduce the distance to the vehicle in front. Not saying I tail gate but when you come up to a slower moving vehicle you have to override the cruise control or wonder why you”re driving at the same speed as the chap in front and often times then, you’ve lost your momentum so may as well just give up.

It also knows the speed limit of the road you’re on so presumably the office will be able to sack you for creeping 1mph over the speed limit now as well. Steering and suspension on the big space seems improved but the seat is still poor and you can’t adjust the head rest like you can in the Volvo making it pointless.

JRC:

You’ve only yourself to blame. Don’t blame the telematics, you chose not to wear your seatbelt. Given most seatbelts on trucks are bright red even without the telematics you’re an idiot not to wear one because accident reasons aside it’s so easy for a passing police car to see you’ve not got one on.

Silver_Surfer:
The new Merc’s are gutless uphill which most know about

Mercs have been widely known to be gutless uphill for at least the last 25 years I’ve been driving.

and I don’t think you can switch off the predictive cruise control

So you probably can, just like you can in the DAFs even though on the pre-2018 ones there’s no button to (you press and hold the - on the distance adjustment) and like all the rest of your rant it’s more likely all the trouble you have is down to your own lack of knowing how to operate the lorry.

, only reduce the distance to the vehicle in front. Not saying I tail gate but when you come up to a slower moving vehicle you have to override the cruise control or wonder why you”re driving at the same speed as the chap in front and often times then, you’ve lost your momentum so may as well just give up.

So you’re saying you’re not paying attention then?

Jimmy McNulty:

JRC:

[emoji23][emoji23][emoji23]