Tea Van Man Gets Arsey

dave_k:

Muckaway:
A little while ago, one of our 4wheelers broke a spring in Burford and stopped in the layby near the school to wait for a fitter to attend; This layby has a kebab van in it that serves elephant meat for breakfast, and said suntanned vendor had a go at our driver for parking there and not buying anything (I also got moaned at a few years back for doing the same thing.) Has anyone else experienced something similar with these disease merchants when they haven’t bought anything? I’ve had evil looks off others in Oxfordshire and wondered if it was limited to just around here?

Simple solution, buy something. Then throw it away if you don’t like it.

Thats the worst advice I’ve ever heard. ^ The van owner doesn’t care if you bin his food, you’ve paid for it so what does he care? :unamused:

Chas:
I know that most (99.9%) in an area which is loosely the Notts/Derby’s/Leic’s border area are Gangster controlled. I know that most (99.9%) of the males* who staff these establishments are considered to be unemployable in virtually any other capacity.

I have very little reason to believe it’s any differant in any other part of the country.

Next time anyone orders food from these people, have a bit of fun & ask them why they’re working here.
*P.S. Most (99.9%) of the wimmin are ex massage parlour, there comes a time when they just get too old for it. Next time ‘Big Bertha’ wipes your slice under her armpits 'cos you expressed a preferance for butter, remember that a few short years ago, some trucker paid good money to be relieved of something other than hunger.

Were you sniffing glue before writing that? Never heard so much rubbish ever!!! I’ll give you it was funny reading it tho! Gangster controlled! Funny as ■■■■!

I am here: maps.google.com/maps?ll=53.498311,-2.206588

hammer:

dave_k:

Muckaway:
A little while ago, one of our 4wheelers broke a spring in Burford and stopped in the layby near the school to wait for a fitter to attend; This layby has a kebab van in it that serves elephant meat for breakfast, and said suntanned vendor had a go at our driver for parking there and not buying anything (I also got moaned at a few years back for doing the same thing.) Has anyone else experienced something similar with these disease merchants when they haven’t bought anything? I’ve had evil looks off others in Oxfordshire and wondered if it was limited to just around here?

Thats the worst advice I’ve ever heard. ^ The van owner doesn’t care if you bin his food, you’ve paid for it so what does he care? :unamused:

Yeah, but then you get your Alcoa’s polished free of charge…

hammer:

dave_k:

Muckaway:

I agree. Why encourage them?

I call at two very tidy snack vans,one in Herefordshire and the other in Shropshire,both clean and tidy run by nice people.The food is good as well.You can tell the bad one’s by the lack of vehicles parked near them.

i do feel a bit guilty sometimes if i have to take a 45 in a layby with a tea van in it,so i might buy a mars bar or a can of pop just to be right.

Rob K isn’t about so I wil say it …

Are you for ■■■■■■■ real ?

Do you buy a 3 course meal when you pull in for a ■■■■■ at a Motorway servce area too :confused: :confused: Just to be right :wink:

Beetie:

Chas:
Were you sniffing glue before writing that? Never heard so much rubbish ever!!! I’ll give you it was funny reading it tho! Gangster controlled! Funny as [zb]!

Never heard of George “cheeseburger” Kelly then mate? or Thomas “battered savaloy” Moran?.. your cards marked fella, next time your parked in a lay-by without buying…it’ll be YOUR meatballs on the hotplate!. :wink:

dave_k:

hammer:

dave_k:

Muckaway:

Yeah, but then you get your Alcoa’s polished free of charge…

This place is like the bloody twilight zone today, what have Alcoa’s got to do with anything? :open_mouth:

Muckaway:

I’ve had a break there a few times and no one’s ever said anything to me Muckway. I don’t buy from layby snack bars so they’ll never gain anything from me anway.
There’s a layby on the A46 by J18 of the M4 where the guy who used to run the snack van there would regularly wake drivers up to ask them if they’d move so he could get to his spot. I’ve often wondered if he offered a freebee or if he ever got told where to go. I certainly wouldn’t welcome being woken up and asked to move. I wonder if I’d think different in his position though.

BB

5RRF:
I know this post isnt about where the good cattering vans are but i thought i might mention the van just of the A1 at Stamford on the road to Corby, Good food and a decent friendly (trucker friendly) chap.And he does look out for truckers only the other week stopping some travellers nicking fuel.

is that the one on the southbound A1 just passed colsterworth services,if so thats the one my brother owns and run and yes it is good(not being biased… :laughing: ) my dad helps him out every now and then he used to drive artics for about the last 40 yrs but he kinda semi retired now after DVLA took away his hgv licences after his heart attack… :frowning: but he ok now… :smiley:

Basilbrush:
I’ve had a break there a few times and no one’s ever said anything to me Muckway. I don’t buy from layby snack bars so they’ll never gain anything from me anway.
There’s a layby on the A46 by J18 of the M4 where the guy who used to run the snack van there would regularly wake drivers up to ask them if they’d move so he could get to his spot. I’ve often wondered if he offered a freebee or if he ever got told where to go. I certainly wouldn’t welcome being woken up and asked to move. I wonder if I’d think different in his position though.

BB

I’ve heard about that one, although with the VOSA checkpoint nextdoor I’d never stop there.
Re: The Burford Elephant Stall, there are rumours they don’t just supply Burford schoolkids with kebabs…

Beetie:

Chas:
I know that most (99.9%) in an area which is loosely the Notts/Derby’s/Leic’s border area are Gangster controlled. I know that most (99.9%) of the males* who staff these establishments are considered to be unemployable in virtually any other capacity.

I have very little reason to believe it’s any differant in any other part of the country.

Next time anyone orders food from these people, have a bit of fun & ask them why they’re working here.
*P.S. Most (99.9%) of the wimmin are ex massage parlour, there comes a time when they just get too old for it. Next time ‘Big Bertha’ wipes your slice under her armpits 'cos you expressed a preferance for butter, remember that a few short years ago, some trucker paid good money to be relieved of something other than hunger.

Were you sniffing glue before writing that? Never heard so much rubbish ever!!! I’ll give you it was funny reading it tho! Gangster controlled! Funny as [zb]!

His %'s may be out, but he is right about some of it. Certain catering companies in that area ARE gangsters and if you were to try and do something silly, like try and take any of their pitches, you would have a serious situation on your hands. And no matter how big a bloke you are, this lot are complete nutters with little care for anything including your family. Remember the burger guy who got wasted on his front door in Leicester? The plod thought he was a victim of the vending wars. Don’t know if they ever worked it out, but he was the one organising the wars. Couldn’t happen to a nicer bloke…
It’s not all about bacon and burgers! I have a feeling that there are other more profitable reasons they have the food vans…

Gangsters…FFS… as if there is any money in Burgers, you’ll be lucky to make £100 profit a day!!!
Most people who work there are dead legs who can’t get a job anywhere else…Not that I ever use the ■■■■■■■■■■ but i do park in ‘their’ laybys…Get rid of the lot, it will make more room for us to park up!!1

Deepinvet:
as if there is any money in Burgers,

McD’s and BK seem to think there is :smiley:

Never had a bad Mcd’s Or Bk. I trust the food with them, and I have used them all over Europe. Can’t be bad! :sunglasses:

shade:

i do feel a bit guilty sometimes if i have to take a 45 in a layby with a tea van in it,so i might buy a mars bar or a can of pop just to be right.

Rob K isn’t about so I wil say it …

Are you for [zb] real ?

Do you buy a 3 course meal when you pull in for a ■■■■■ at a Motorway servce area too :confused: :confused: Just to be right :wink:

of course not,silly,just a mars bar and a can of pop :unamused:

very good business for a criminal - all cash perfect for money laundering

This thread is rubbish, the other one about buuy van men/women getting arsey involves the army threatening toby with nuclear weapons if he didn’t move! This thread must try harder! :laughing:

bigvern1:
Never had a bad Mcd’s Or Bk. I trust the food with them, and I have used them all over Europe. Can’t be bad! :sunglasses:

Sort of agree with you, I’ve never had a good one.

Their food is ■■■■, but at least it’s consistently ■■■■, I suppose you know what your getting before you get there.

OTSS:

bigvern1:

Sort of agree with you, I’ve never had a good one.

Their food is [zb], but at least it’s consistently [zb], I suppose you know what your getting before you get there.

In my youth, we’d go into McCraps and wind up the employee of the month…asking them if their parents were proud of them usually got a reaction :smiling_imp:
I like laughing at the names of the staff in KFC; I’ve seen RANSID, MANKOQ, MEEPHAT and others that I can’t recall at the moment. :laughing: