TDS Morgan Overland

Hi Ant some good photos on here mate i went with Dave Pritch in one of the trans conts on a trip tp Belgum im my younger years i think nine stone paul went and did a bit for them as well a lot of stoke lads seemd to go and do a stint were you doing it now take it you not with Lee

markrhyl:
the old mans white road commander…

I’ve got this pic, cut out of Commercial Motor at the time I think, blew me away when I 1st saw it, what a great looking wagon. Just a question about the livery, did it start off green/yellow then go to yellow/black or vice-versa? What colour was the White RC2, can’t tell from the pic’?
Regards Chris

adr:

markrhyl:

I’ve got this pic, cut out of Commercial Motor at the time I think, blew me away when I 1st saw it, what a great looking wagon. Just a question about the livery, did it start off green/yellow then go to yellow/black or vice-versa? What colour was the White RC2, can’t tell from the pic’?
Regards Chris

the white was black cab got some colour photos il put them up…

markrhyl:

adr:

markrhyl:

Regards Chris

That be good, looks black & thought it would look the dogs if it was but couldn’t see why they would paint it that colour different to rest of fleet, unless they had other black wagons?
Regards Chris

adr:

markrhyl:

adr:

markrhyl:

Regards Chris

That be good, looks black & thought it would look the dogs if it was but couldn’t see why they would paint it that colour different to rest of fleet, unless they had other black wagons?
Regards Chris

the white was owned by barry morgan terry morgans brother based in alsager the black and yellow are from mostyn north wales and still are as tds morgan freight…

markrhyl:

adr:

markrhyl:

adr:

markrhyl:

Regards Chris

Regards Chris

the white was owned by barry morgan terry morgans brother based in alsager the black and yellow are from mostyn north wales and still are as tds morgan freight…

The white in colour looked very smart :smiley:

markrhyl:

markrhyl:

adr:

markrhyl:

adr:

markrhyl:

Regards Chris

Regards Chris

before the paint job & chrome tanks …

markrhyl:

markrhyl:

markrhyl:

adr:

markrhyl:

adr:

markrhyl:

Regards Chris

Regards Chris

before the paint job & chrome tanks …

A very camp looking me with the road boss it was used in a tv add for oil and dad with it somewhere in the m/e…

NICK BASFORD:
Hi Ant some good photos on here mate i went with Dave Pritch in one of the trans conts on a trip tp Belgum im my younger years i think nine stone paul went and did a bit for them as well a lot of stoke lads seemd to go and do a stint were you doing it now take it you not with Lee

Hi Nick,

Had photos off Dave Taylor there off his uncle, proper truckin !!

No, not been with Lee for 18 months now, since Middlewich shut !! Now with MJS Cheadle on the powder tanks, good job, good kit, and totally legit :slight_smile: :slight_smile:

What you upto these days

Regards
Ant

Hi All,

Don’t know where to put these, so I’ll start a new thread.

2 photos below have been lent to me buy a good friend (Dave Taylor) These were taken by his Uncle Barry Nicholson who drove for Morgan in the 70’s

Photos taken in 1977
Barry’s Leyland Marathon

Barry and Dereck Owen and his Fiat - In trhe Desert, Syria 77

Dave is trying to get hold of some more photos off his uncle to post.
Watch this space

Regards
Ant

Looking forward to them.

Hi Ant
Just a point a noticed, look at the front of Dereck Owens tilt then look at these photos of our old truck with Chapman and Balls tilt.

Does anyone know if there was any conection between C and B and Morgans or did they just use the same tilt makers.

Regards Keith

I also noticed the similarity of the trailers.
I worked for C & B for two years until their demise in '78 and as far as I know there was no connection with Morgans during my time there.
I was led to believe that C & B had designed the “Kangaroo tilt”.
The FIAT 619 was supplied By Commercial Engineers,the garage that I worked for that supplied C & B’s FIATs.

Keith,

Had noticed that myself, possible thought that they bought from the same tilt manufacture and just used a design close to each other.

Nice to see the C&B photos again

Regards
Ant

Hi wer’nt those tilts known as ‘Lubiana tilts’ IIRC you could not use the train into Yugo with normal tilts because of the low tunnels. (no German / Austrian permits & lack of enthusiasm for full Eastern Bloc)
Gavin

TDS are probably one of the few firms in the whole old times forum section still trading with the same company name.

Hi All,

Long overdue, but these were worth waiting for, all photos courtesy of Barry Nicholson and Dave Taylor as mentioned before, so thanks again.

In no particular order, according to the notes on teh back of the photos, a mixture taken in Doha, Saudi, Yemen, Turkey and Austria

Going to have to do this in stages !!!

2nd Lot - here goes

Regards
Ant

Hiya …hope i,am not been to sarcastic but should we explaine to the youngsters what that telex 617192 means
on the front of the transcons or do you think the might know…
Brilliant photos i come past Morgans yard many times a week in the early 80s
there was always plent of action around the lorry and trailers getting ready to ship out.
John

heres a photo of my old man graham jones (honey monster) & phil bunch in doah in the 70s on for morgan overland…

image003.jpg