Taylors Transport

HI

As any got any info on the above

The usual pay what they are like to work for etc.

Thanks in advance.

Which Taylors■■?

Sorry Taylor’s based at Huthwaite Nottinghamshire.

Not a vast amount, but you won’t be bored and you’ll struggle to get sacked.

£8 an hour straight through and expectancy levels are ‘high’. Expect very long hours and don’t expect to be treated with much respect. I speak with their drivers very often and all the things I’ve heard I can’t repeat on here other then to say avoid :imp:

OllieNotts:
£8 an hour straight through and expectancy levels are ‘high’. Expect very long hours and don’t expect to be treated with much respect. I speak with their drivers very often and all the things I’ve heard I can’t repeat on here other then to say avoid :imp:

Let’s hope companies like this get their comeuppance soon!

Famous haulage company near me have lost yet another two drivers this week because they pay poor ish rates and the drivers have been ‘head hunted’ for much better rates. Said company have just put the basic hourly rate up by £1.50… Just to try and hold onto the drivers they have! Not working so far!

Maybe the time is coming for drivers to earn a decent wedge…! :slight_smile:

I’ve had the “pleasure” of working for taylors on class 2 and on days its an absolute nightmare on days, nights is ok as its all trunking but the new guys don’t get regular work. I was there last year so the wages may have gone up since but for first 45 hours of week they paid £7 for class 2 and £7.50 for class 1 which is laughable.

If your around notts and looking for class 1 work you should try the knowhow hub in Newark which is run by DHL. They are constantly recruiting and will take on anyone no matter of experience. As with talors you want to avoid working days for them though as you will get hammerd and its salary paid. Nights is pretty good if you don’t mind a bit of manual handling. The salary is £27,000 plus shift allowance so not bad for an entry level job. If you want to know anything else about them let me know.

knockoffneil:
I’ve had the “pleasure” of working for taylors on class 2 and on days its an absolute nightmare on days, nights is ok as its all trunking but the new guys don’t get regular work. I was there last year so the wages may have gone up since but for first 45 hours of week they paid £7 for class 2 and £7.50 for class 1 which is laughable.

If your around notts and looking for class 1 work you should try the knowhow hub in Newark which is run by DHL. They are constantly recruiting and will take on anyone no matter of experience. As with talors you want to avoid working days for them though as you will get hammerd and its salary paid. Nights is pretty good if you don’t mind a bit of manual handling. The salary is £27,000 plus shift allowance so not bad for an entry level job. If you want to know anything else about them let me know.

Sorry so is that Taylors that is salary paid?

knockoffneil:
…you should try the knowhow hub in Newark which is run by DHL. They are constantly recruiting and will take on anyone…

Always a good sign. :unamused:

Contraflow:

knockoffneil:
…you should try the knowhow hub in Newark which is run by DHL. They are constantly recruiting and will take on anyone…

Always a good sign. :unamused:

I have delivered and collected from this place, signs everywhere begging for drivers.

I am sure I saw a cash incentive to “Recommend a friend” :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

Has anyone ever seen one of there motors without damage on it ■■?
If a firm lets it’s trucks look as tatty as they do it says something about the firm in my view.

Stains:

knockoffneil:

No salary at taylors mate.
8 quid straight through class 1…no breaks deducted.
There was talk of the night men getting time and a half after 40 when I was there.30 min break deducted.
night work was all newspapers then…and he knew how long the runs were.
no good trying to toss the job off, coz he’d simply adjust your time sheet accordingly.
I was on days for 5 years…first driving job I ever had.

■■■■ Money and ■■■■ Motors…

Nice, normally one out of the two above is good.

He does actually buy some decent motors…but they are worked very hard.

commonrail:
He does actually buy some decent motors…but they are worked very hard.

I cant say I have seen any taylors vehicles that are old enough to have a digi unit fitted when new… 05ish volvos

Don’t get me wrong…he does buy some crap…but he also buys some good stuff.
couple of new globbys this year, half a dozen new mans just before I left.all the ex woolies fms’ were mint…10x approx 1 year old megas, all the vaughans stuff was clean.
there was about 4 blinged up ex parkinson megas that were v.nice.the black one was a beauty aswell :sunglasses:

taylors huthwaite :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

yorkshire terrier:
Has anyone ever seen one of there motors without damage on it ■■?
If a firm lets it’s trucks look as tatty as they do it says something about the firm in my view.

My personal favorite is the Cabs with different colour doors very classy :sunglasses: :sunglasses: :laughing: :laughing:

commonrail:

Stains:

knockoffneil:

No salary at taylors mate.
8 quid straight through class 1…no breaks deducted.
There was talk of the night men getting time and a half after 40 when I was there.30 min break deducted.
night work was all newspapers then…and he knew how long the runs were.
no good trying to toss the job off, coz he’d simply adjust your time sheet accordingly.
I was on days for 5 years…first driving job I ever had.

the only ones that get time & 1/2 are the ones that do the cans to reading as it was an on going contract the taylors took over, if vosa are about 95% taylors will get pulled, crap tackle even though alan has just bought some newish volvos but they will not stay like that for long

i used to work for them some years ago doing euro work was only 2 of us doing it for him then

also limited to 52mph :blush:

stains what are you looking for?