Taylors Internationsl _ huthwaite

Afternoon gents an ladies,
Quick question, what do p[eople know regarding taylors international in huthwaite, i have a meeting with them on tuesday for class 2 work, (and my uncle who works there has insinuated they may put me through my class 1).
Has anyone worked for them in the past, good stories or bad stories.
Im muddling along ok with agency work at the moment, however thats likely to drop after xmas and theres hardly anything permanent coming up round the bolton area, this would be a perm position, however it’l put me in a fair bit of debt to move down there. Any advice

Thanks

Ste

Simple answer-

Ask your uncle

although they are just round the corner from me and i have worked for them a couple of times
If you want more I can post later

he sayas they’re ok, but also a bunch of cowboys!, and he’s mentioned that the p[ays not great, apparently he’s on 8ph and thats class 1 tramping I think.

Stehinch:
he sayas they’re ok, but also a bunch of cowboys!, and he’s mentioned that the p[ays not great, apparently he’s on 8ph and thats class 1 tramping I think.

'bout right that mate tbh

It all depends on your circumstances…if your young free and single wots to lose ? but if you have a wife and kids its a costly move and is it worth it?..plenty of jobs around that pay 8 quid or less .

crab face works for them…so he`ll be able to tell you all about them

they have got a yard on Byron Avenue estate in Kirkby in Ashfield, the roads around the industrial estate are always full of Taylors vehicles parked up at weekends

how they get away with it for their O Licence is beyond me :imp:

from what i have heard about them, you will be cab hopping, even if you get a regular vehicle, if you do days, and back in the yard, it will be used on nights too, and if it is not back in time for you to leave, tough, you will take a different one, regardless of where your gear is

don’t know about the money, never asked

i know people who work for them and are happy, but, i also know people who work for them that are ■■■■■■ off with it

All their gear is tatty.

kindle530:
All their gear is tatty.

not all Carl, they have got a few brand new TGX’s

they are 2 companies arnt they■■? taylors international, and taylors transport. there was a write up about them recently in truck & driver. :slight_smile:

tango boy:
they are 2 companies arnt they■■? taylors international, and taylors transport. there was a write up about them recently in truck & driver. :slight_smile:

same owners/planners

different O Licences, they both run out of the same yards in Huthwaite and Kirkby in Ashfield

shuttlespanker:

tango boy:

same owners/planners

different O Licences, they both run out of the same yards in Huthwaite and Kirkby in Ashfield

i know 8 or 9 of their drivers. ex imr drivers, they went there for better wages.

I use a cafe regularly in that area, and the wife’s husband works there, and has done on a couple of occasions as there is nowt else around.

They seem to be like any company these days. Some days good, some days bad.

Ken.

shuttlespanker:
how they get away with it for their O Licence is beyond me :imp:

he`s having a new place built near his current huthwaite yard…the kirkby site will be just for the workshops from then on

commonrail:
crab face works for them…so he`ll be able to tell you all about them

I’ve got no complaints whatsoever. Best move I ever made.

i think the op would like a little more info…pay,working conditions,type of work,fleet etc

fleet is mainly Mercs of one form or another, even the vans, although, they do have a few vehicles that are not Mercedes, as i said earlier, they have taken on a few brand new MAN TGX XLX’s recently

still don’t know about pay and conditions though

commonrail:
i think the op would like a little more info…pay,working conditions,type of work,fleet etc

I’ve got no complaints whatsoever with the pay, working conditions, type of work, fleet etc. Best move I ever made.

I hope this helps.

SmashedCrabFace:
I hope this helps.

not really…what suits you, may not suit the op.

commonrail:

SmashedCrabFace:
I hope this helps.

not really…what suits you, may not suit the op.

Ah well. It suits me just fine, that’s all I’m bothered about.

Where is the OP? Can he not talk for himself? You seem to have become his self-appointed spokesman. You’re from Mansfield, surely you’ve worked for Taylor’s at some point?

Dearest Stehinch, may I enquire as to whether it be days or nights that you are applying for?