Tax Avoidance. . . the only way

Death.
Well weve had a big thread about Matthews and repatriation of deceased drivers, we, some of us, carry organ donor cards, so what are the views out there about death? I accept that those who lose a loved one have a hard time of it, but how do we view the end of life, our own, specifically if it occurs at work? For myself I would like any/all of my body to benefit others, be it as an organ donor, or I have contacted my local Dr about leaving my whole body to my local training hospital. (I once shared a flat with 2 medical students, so have heard some of the jokes.) With people living longer and better accident treatment there seems to be a problem getting suitable organs for donation, and bodies that show muscle tone, and arent dessicated. Anyway Ive made it plain to my nearest and dearest this is my wish for my remains. If I die when abroad then Id be quite happy for any useful bits of me to used there n then. If not, then a local cremation, with a bit of gathering later on, when ashes are scattered, as my family and friends drink their way thro my wine cellar. (think theres a coupla tins o scrumpy left after last night).
Bit of a mixed up post, but Im sure you can see where Im coming from.

Thanks for…Cheering me up on a Sunday morning.

Next time I have a party, remind me not to invite you. :smiley:

robroy:

Well you aint invited to my wake then! Sorting out my (hopefully distant) demise with my nearest and dearest, will maybe minimise the loss theyll have of such a cheerful upbeat person as myself.

robroy:

+1

‘’ problem getting suitable organs for donation, and bodies that show muscle tone, and aren`t dessicated.‘’

Are you a coconut ■■

I wouldn’t mind someone getting my organs when I die, just never got around to getting one of those cards.

raymundo:

robroy:

+1

‘’ problem getting suitable organs for donation, and bodies that show muscle tone, and aren`t dessicated.‘’

Are you a coconut ■■

Been accused of being nuts, yeah.
Honestly, people that die from old age are not good as donors, as they loose muscle tone and organs become atrophied. Motorcycle helmets and protective clothing is better and trauma medicine is improving, so another source of organs is disappearing. Ive not got any relatives in need of a liver, heart, or kidneys etc, but would want them to benefit if someone was good enough to donate organs. I want some good to come from my death if its untimely, and like I say Ive already discussed this within my circle. No need for survivors to get agitated about where to throw my body if theres no skip handy by, already sorted.
OK, no one likes to think about “going on before” or “crossing to the other side” or “shuffling off” or any of the other numerous expressions used, but a few minutes with your other half can save them some little bit of the agonising later.

merc0447:
I wouldn’t mind someone getting my organs when I die, just never got around to getting one of those cards.

Me too.
But ive told my wife that should anything happen to me and they ask if they can use my organs to let them take what they need.
Its not like im going to need them again!
Ive always thought the automatic “opt in” system was the best idea for organ transplant anyway

merc0447:

If you’re ever applying for a driving licence, there’s a box to tick to put you on the donor register and it also marks a code on the card.
But the main thing is to tell your next of kin your wishes, as whether you are on the register or not they will be asked whether to donate or not should the situation arise.

The-Snowman:

merc0447:

Me too.
But ive told my wife that should anything happen to me and they ask if they can use my organs to let them take what they need.
Its not like im going to need them again!
Ive always thought the automatic “opt in” system was the best idea for organ transplant anyway

Good point. Yep, go for assumed consent.
Unless you have some irrational belief or other about the “after life”.
I dont think Im prejudiced against any particular religion by the way, I treat them all equally.

I Think the most annoying thing about dying is the expense.It seems that society expects people to pay extortionate sums of Money for a service and items such as overpriced flowers and a coffin which have the sole purpose of being put in the ground to rot or burnt.Why can’t people be wrapped in a sack and burned\buried,it ain’t gonna affect the dead person,and the Money used for a party or something useful.
I have said to people that if they can find anything of any use on me to use it and get rid of the rest as cheaply as poss.If they can get away with it just throw the remains in the river for the fish or dump them in the forest for the animals,i know thats not realistic but its a nice idea,the ultimate recycling.
I remember when i lived in Holland i Went to ask about donating myself for use\research\etc and was told that due to the law in Holland stating that the municipality is responsible for the funeral costs of any donated bodies there was a 7 :open_mouth: year waiting list to donate.

hutpik:
I Think the most annoying thing about dying is the expense.It seems that society expects people to pay extortionate sums of Money for a service and items such as overpriced flowers and a coffin which have the sole purpose of being put in the ground to rot or burnt.Why can’t people be wrapped in a sack and burned\buried,it ain’t gonna affect the dead person,and the Money used for a party or something useful.
I have said to people that if they can find anything of any use on me to use it and get rid of the rest as cheaply as poss.If they can get away with it just throw the remains in the river for the fish or dump them in the forest for the animals,i know thats not realistic but its a nice idea,the ultimate recycling.
I remember when i lived in Holland i Went to ask about donating myself for use\research\etc and was told that due to the law in Holland stating that the municipality is responsible for the funeral costs of any donated bodies there was a 7 :open_mouth: year waiting list to donate.

Seven year waiting list to die? Sounds good! When Im 93 Ill sign up for that. Hmm, maybe I misread that?
Im sure there are more "Green" funerals out there. Cardboard coffins etc. or burial in just a shroud? Im not tree-hugger but why pump a corpse full of formaldehyde to preserve it, then bury or burn it? Senseless. Won`t be pushing up too many daisies if your earthly remains are turned into a toxic dump!

I don’t care. I’ll be dead. Put me in a bin bags, or inter me in a mausoleum, I care not a jot.

I hope that whatever part of my body and organs that are useful are used, and the rest burned and scattered. Better still, stick me on my boat and burn that out at sea.

I’m a registered organ donor and when the people in white are all done with my earthly remains, I’ll be buried in this: https://urnabios.com/

the nodding donkey:
I don’t care. I’ll be dead. Put me in a bin bags, or inter me in a mausoleum, I care not a jot.

I hope that whatever part of my body and organs that are useful are used, and the rest burned and scattered. Better still, stick me on my boat and burn that out at sea.

Viking funeral? or shades of “Twin Town”?

Franglais:

the nodding donkey:

I like the idea of the Viking funeral. Three Cliffs Bay, overlooked by Pennard Castle…
But seeing as my boat is moored in Swansea, a caper in the bay looks more likely .

the nodding donkey:

Franglais:

the nodding donkey:

I like the idea of the Viking funeral. Three Cliffs Bay, overlooked by Pennard Castle…
But seeing as my boat is moored in Swansea, a caper in the bay looks more likely .

Swansea? So it is a male voice choir signing “Myfanwy” then.

whether its hatches,matches,or dispatches,then its only a organised overpriced ripoff by companies preying on your standard lemmings emotions at the time…ive told my misses to disown me as son as peg it as well as emptying my bank accounts pronto…let the council dispose of me and as they will always have a quick service anyway,and just go to that before i get torched.being a billy no mates,then they can hold any reception in the nearest phone box as id only expect her to be the only one there anyway…if its during the winter months and there going to scatter my ashes somewhere,then feel free to throw them under the back wheels of the hearse if it gets stuck on a hill… :slight_smile:

Organ donation should be a given, no need to carry a card. In fact if you didn’t want your organs reused then a card should be carried with the understanding that if it couldn’t be found then tuff ■■■■■ your bits are going in the recycling bin anyway.

As a regular blood donor (oh alright I did it once for the craic), and sperm donor (quite a regular to be fair) I’ve no issues with my bits going to a good home.

I wouldn’t mind me small portion getting a few more goes as its served me well and I can thoroughly recommend it.

I would like a wee bit of notice of my demise so I can apply for as many of them Pay Day loans as I can possibly get and go out in style (and in debt) chase me up for payment then you robbin ■■■■■■■■ !!

This thread has got me thinking whether there could be a market for ones organs, based on your level of fitness, life expectancy, organ condition, habits etc.
An organisation could reserve one of your organs and purchase it before you popped your clogs.

Course the best price could be acheived by an auction.

So one could advertise a body part for sale and get payment upfront.