Tattoos, do you have any? Your views on them RE work

DaiDap:
Got one on my upper left arm and this -

Not finished yet, more detail to complete at the bottom.

Ooooh long sess on the back! Nice! :exclamation: …that place ■■■■■ the most along with ribs imo! Good to see everyone’s replies! I appreciate that they aren’t for everyone! I like a lot of ink, but it has to be good ink! It seems that society is becoming much more accepting of them now…

An old man passed me in town the other day, he was a typical old man with flat cap and stick, however the tattoo on his face made people stop and stare. I felt sorry for him as I’m sure he must have regretted it, I’m sure he was a nice fella underneath.

Feel like getting one to show my support for my wife and her battle with Crohns that’ll be ever on going. :cry:

It’s a purple ribbon, but I’d like to integrate it into something and not just the ribbon on it’s own… :confused:

Goldfinger:
Feel like getting one to show my support for my wife and her battle with Crohns that’ll be ever on going. :cry:

It’s a purple ribbon, but I’d like to integrate it into something and not just the ribbon on it’s own… :confused:

Intertwine it with both your wedding rings maybe…

Nope, only got the orrifices that I came out of the womb with and have no intention of getting any more. Each to his own though, but a few minutes work might be with you for a lifetime so think twice before that needle draws blood! :wink:

Pete.

I think they are. People are growing up and realising competency and skillset cannot be judged by appearance if you’re smart. I hate snobs personally. Some of the most irritating and annoying humans I’ve met have been “presentable” middle class types.

The conflict comes when you go for a job where you need to wear a suit and you have them on hands or up your neck but if they’re covered no problem.

DaiDap:
Got one on my upper left arm and this -

Not finished yet, more detail to complete at the bottom.

All that money spent and you can’t even see it ! :laughing:

Tattoo’s are the fashion. Its a different game now than it used to be. Even women have them :open_mouth: :laughing:

Tatts don’t seem to matter a toss nowadays whatever job you have, girls in my bank on the counter have them, hands, neck, arms, upper chest, piercings as well, lips, noses, eyebrows etc.
20 years ago they wouldn’t have a hope in hell of any customer service job.

the maoster:
Don’t see why tattoo’s should make a blind bit of difference to a lorry driver

You’re usually the only face to face contact your company has with its customers so it can give a bad impression. I think you’re OK unless its facial/head. They seem to be regarded worse than anywhere else and at least with ones on your arms you can always wear long sleeves.

When I say tattoos aren’t a problem it’s the wearer that really counts. If you’re an ignorant so and so then tattoos or not you’re a liability. If you’re an openly friendly, non sarcastic Joe with an inclination to solve problems and be a proactive helpful person without a combative nature then you’re there. Those are the qualities I found massively lacking in some people I met when on out on the road. I found a good clique of good people who were the salt of the earth at a small firm, but out on the road mmmmm.

Thought tattoos where compulsory for truckers…

I have a few and so does the wife, mine are easily covered for occasions when i may consider the folks would frown upon them… In reality they probably wouldn’t but even though tattoos are more popular now with celebs embracing them leading to their followers having them done, its still a personal choice and some can be offensive to the easily offended. Some however can be very personal and very impressive works of art.

Most of my mates got them when we were in our teens and most regret them now,they always seemed to get a bulldog done for some reason.
I never got one and glad I didn’t.
But one of the lads he keeps getting them and it’s not like it’s the full sleeves that can look ok but random stuff all over his arms,looks terrible and he pays good money for them too.

A permanent result caused by temporary emotion.

jrt:
A permanent result caused by temporary emotion.

Took me 20 years to decide that ‘Yes, I really want that design’

I have a couple. All can be covered if needed but are normally quite visible and never have a problem.
I think a lot depends on the tattoo itself to be honest.
My cousin does mine, she trained as a cartoonist before getting into tattooing so lots of her work is cartooney stuff.
She won’t tattoo anyone below the wrist or above the shoulders because she reckons most people eventually will regret them ones. Any where else can be easily covered.

I have a few tattoos including a sleeve , with more booked . It will come as no surprise to some that they are heavily influenced by the rock and roll scene . Good job I drive for who I drive for really !! :laughing: :stuck_out_tongue:

nope. No tatoos.

Got 4 & none of them visible.

never caused me any problems and I worked for the Ambulance service with clearly visible tattoos. They like to know about them but aslong as they are not offensive then its all good.

yorkshire terrier:
Most of my mates got them when we were in our teens and most regret them now,they always seemed to get a bulldog done for some reason.
I never got one and glad I didn’t.
But one of the lads he keeps getting them and it’s not like it’s the full sleeves that can look ok but random stuff all over his arms,looks terrible and he pays good money for them too.

It must be yorkshire thing with the bullogs m8.a few of my m8s have got um either with boxing gloves or a union jack vest on :laughing: