Tattoos, do you have any? Your views on them RE work

Just wondered whether any of you fine people have tattoos and your opinions of them within the workplace? Do you have any? Have they ever been a hindrance as far as getting work as a driver has been concerned? I myself have a fair few and will be getting many more to come (including a full head piece) I already have the likes of hands, knuckles, sleeves and throat and work for a large company but have never had any issues with work in logistics (hoping to move to driving soon)! A friend of mine however has even had issues finding work just for having a small wrist tat :neutral_face: . I just find it funny how work varies and wondered if any of you carried ink? Be interesting to hear! :smiley:

Good God no, it would be like putting a bumper sticker on a Rolls Royce. :wink:

there for Latins ■■■■■ and sailors
both of the youngest have some.

a young drinking pal has 9, shes mad though

hitch:
there for Latins ■■■■■ and sailors

It’s a good job I like to sail the high seas in my three birth tourer! :sunglasses:

Don’t see why tattoo’s should make a blind bit of difference to a lorry driver, I would tbh have some sympathy with an employer who refused to employ a driver with facial tattoos in certain types of work.

I’d probably take exception to my surgeon sporting “love and hat” on his knuckles (he obviously lost his right pinkie after a particularly bone saw incident), but imo it’s horses for courses.

Btw, I have a couple but I was young and daft, as opposed to old and daft now but they are covered by anything but a cap sleeve T shirt.

Unless they come right out and say it’s the tat’s, not going to know if they were the issue or not.

One on each arm when I was young and mad, never regretted them but if time again I wouldn’t have had them I suppose, although no problems have been experienced because of them in work, and why would they, I would say the majority of truckers have at least one.
Just think that too many look bloody awful, and tend to give off a negative prejudicial impression, especially in a job interview situation, but hey, each to his own and all that.
I would question the intelligence of somebody getting one on their face, apart from the fact that most would say that they look a complete 2 watt, I would reckon it would bring a lot of problems in work life and life in general, of which you have enough already without creating them yourself.
Both my lads have them on their arms, but they are tasteful and I have no problem with theirs.

I personally wouldn’t have them, as I can’t see the point of them. But its up to the individual if they choose to have them, the same as drinking and smoking, religion and politics.

I do but on top half of arm, done for a specific reason which i won’t go into.

I wouldn’t have them done on the face throat hands or head, if i did i would expect finding the best jobs to be difficult, especially if in a food or similar industry, not for any hygiene issues, just for the wrong impression being given which companies will be careful of.

I quite like to see tasteful tattoos, i make no judgement about the bearer, man or woman, we are who we are, individuals.

Dave the Renegade:
I personally wouldn’t have them, as I can’t see the point of them. But its up to the individual if they choose to have them, the same as drinking and smoking, religion and politics.

+1… Same here Dave. Tribal instincts + sadomasaci…■■? ( however ya [ZB] ) spell it…
= id crisis … :slight_smile: :slight_smile: :slight_smile: .

Both arms upper and lower, both lower legs and one on right hand. Never had a problem with employers and have been driving vans and class 2 since I was 20 now 46. Might still get a few more in the future.

Just had a day off today for a 6 hr session funnily enough!
Viking themed.

Not got any but each to their own. UPS have a no tattoo policy unless they can be covered up.

I seem to remember reading somewhere a few years back, that if someone had tattoos below the wrists or above the collar, then they where unable to claim unemployment benefits or raise a grevence if refused employment, as by getting, hand, neck and face tattoos they had effectivly made themselves unemployable, by personal choice.
I maybe completly wrong, and if I am I appologise.

I personally have 4 tattoos and work for a large blue chip company in a customer facing role and have never had any issues.
My tattooist has a policy that he will not tattoo anyones face regardless of how much they offer him.

Not offering any opinions, but just for a laugh, scroll through the photo gallery here:

fox13now.com/2012/02/24/photos-m … get-a-job/

exit:
Not offering any opinions, but just for a laugh, scroll through the photo gallery here:

fox13now.com/2012/02/24/photos-m … get-a-job/

Some of those are worth more for scrap :exclamation: :laughing:

Harry Monk:
Good God no, it would be like putting a bumper sticker on a Rolls Royce. :wink:

Hahahaha :laughing:

I am original, not one tattoo adorns my body :sunglasses:

Though in my single days having a stay behind in a wine bar in South Road Waterloo (North West version) and being rather drunk I convinced a group of quite tipsy ladies that I had a Blue Rabbit tattooed on my derrière, so they wanted to see.
The lighting was dim so they had to lean in, much to their annoyance they could not see the rabbit so they moved closer, and I opened wider, at this point my mates refused to look as the chocolate star fish was winking at them.
But the women where still looking for this rabbit, I told them it must have ran down the hole…they nearly kicked my head in :blush:

Speaking from an industry in which you’d think there would be zero ink its suprising. I’ve worked with aircrew that have them. Most Pilots I fly with are very tough Icelandic ex North Atlantic trawlermen and a large amount have tattoos. Only a few have them on the arms or visible though. Some of the best aircrew I’ve worked with have had tattoos. Companies in UK aviation don’t like them to be visible at all. It doesn’t look good in certain positions for the public. I personally don’t view someone with tattoos as being a problem whatsoever unless paramilitary or prison type tattoos. Its just perception that’s the problem for many companies worried about their increasingly public image.

I have them, easily covered with a long sleeve shirt, never been asked at an interview if I have tattoos.

My brother has them on his neck and has “real men eat pu**y” on his arm and can’t get a “proper” job. He can only get part time ad hoc work and he wonders why… Idiot!

Got one on my upper left arm and this -

Not finished yet, more detail to complete at the bottom.