Tarmac tippers

[attachment=0]image.jpeg[/attachment

[attachment=1]image.jpeg[

Here some for Bonkey

image.jpeg

Smashing mate. If the Sed Aks were taken in the Longcliffe area like so many others Nigel took, they’d have been to either Middle Peak or Dene.

Have you had this one Bonkey transportphotos.com/road/photos

VS02041.jpg

Tarmac Roadstone Foden ( Photo found on net )

That Foden was one of many Fleet motors in Bankfield Clitheroe

BonkeyDollocks:
Brian Partner’s ERF’s parked at old Cliffe Hill quarry.

hi B D bit late but just got here. The chap with Brian is called John (can,t for the life of me remember his 2nd name for now) Long time at Cliffe doing all sorts. Left for a short while to run Fountain inn Swannington Leic,s, then went back on Scammel 24t. He come n joined a few of us on the bench after returning from Oxford way. Next chap come in n said to him " fancying a 7 whlr then John ?" we all popped out n he,d lost nearside 2nd steer wheel n hub. T sent out a couple of fellas in van to try n find out what had become of it, stood leaning up a tree in a copse near Silverstone. Retired now n living in Swannington. Bit of nonsense I know but I,m hoping every little helps. Paul

Just a little bit more, all from memory so any mistakes not intended. I was driving from Cliffe 78/80 ish. At that time we had 4 Hreg Scammels, 4 S39 Lreg,6/8 S80 m/n reg, including that red un on page 2. 6 S83 new Treg then just before I finished Haulmaster 6whlrs V reg. Not a picture to be had mores the pity.Hope this is next best. Paul

BonkeyDollocks:
Hello fellas.Just joined on here today and I’m well into lorries.Have been since an early age from the late 70s.Speciality being insulated Tarmac tippers as I’m from Derbyshire,surrounded by limestone ! :smiley:
Anyways,I would like to see other quarry related tippers etc. from other lads on here,here are a few of mine what I’ve accumulated over time either from the Net,or sent to me by lads I know.
Cheers !

That will have to do for now,as the w/site I use to upload piccies has just gone down. :cry

Comments please and of course,any tipper pics you have yourselves,please upload them !

Few from my albums taken fairly recently in and around Bradford, doing what they are supposed too. Not khaki though!!!

Barry/Gloves

coomsey:

BonkeyDollocks:
Brian Partner’s ERF’s parked at old Cliffe Hill quarry.

hi B D bit late but just got here. The chap with Brian(not Brian he,s on 2nd photo) is called John (can,t for the life of me remember his 2nd name for now) Long time at Cliffe doing all sorts. Left for a short while to run Fountain inn Swannington Leic,s, then went back on Scammel 24t. He come n joined a few of us on the bench after returning from Oxford way. Next chap come in n said to him " fancying a 7 whlr then John ?" we all popped out n he,d lost nearside 2nd steer wheel n hub. T sent out a couple of fellas in van to try n find out what had become of it, stood leaning up a tree in a copse near Silverstone. Retired now n living in Swannington. Bit of nonsense I know but I,m hoping every little helps. Paul

Got there John Hickling

Ulceby,N.Lincs.

How are the hauliers paid on Tarmac, £x per tonne? If so have the rates gone up in line with the tare weights?
We do things the old fashioned way, charge by the load and builders call 8wheelers “20 tonners” which helps when you have a steel muck body on the back. :smiley:
We’re selling more of “aquaflow” chippings (6mm granite/limestone) these days, used under block paving. Bloody expensive, but this must put a strain on production at type 1 pits as the stone in these parts isn’t strong enough or rated frost retardent.

Cliffe Hill early 80s. Think they had 4 S39s so must have driven this one. Pic off facebook

Hi Coomsey pal. I bet you drove this one as well! The other two are part of this video posted on YT a while back. It has since been deleted but I rescued part of it and reposted it. :wink:
Watch it here: youtube.com/watch?v=zFuHOozwFY8

BonkeyDollocks:
Hi Coomsey pal. I bet you drove this one as well! The other two are part of this video posted on YT a while back. It has since been deleted but I rescued part of it and reposted it. :wink:
Watch it here: youtube.com/watch?v=zFuHOozwFY8

Thanks for that B D brings back good memories. Always thought S39 best looking Foden but preferred S80 bit more elbow room. I also had a month holiday relief on the Barford dumper 6sp manual bit of an eye opener

This all a bit ■■■■ eyed B D but I drove sister of this pic of yours. 3 loads of dry Whitwick to M Keynes on nights, holiday relief. Mega money no social life