Tarmac tippers

Thats the one,thank you.
I remember seeing it at truckfest too and it had two austin a30/35 type bonnet badges one either side under the windscreen on the black pannel with leyland on it.

Hi, if you have a look on Facebook, for Tarmac Roadstone, there are many pictures of the late John Austin’s trucks from Bayston Hill Quarry, Shropshire

Hi all,
Been a long time but any new pictures ?

Ulceby,N.Lincs.

I reckon that Tarmac contract hauliers would make life easier and cheaper for themselves if they just painted their trucks with emulsion, the sodding things have to change their livery every six months. :confused: That looks better than the old army khaki and the later ‘white and splattered egg’ though! :laughing:

Pete.

Just a little plain at the front though Pete dont you think? but apart from that it looks well.
John

Stanfield:
Just a little plain at the front though Pete dont you think? but apart from that it looks well.
John

Yes John, even I have to admit that it is the best livery they have used…so far! Just a shame they can’t improve their overall company image as easy. :laughing:

Pete.

Here is one for you Bonkey, not the best quality scan, but pictured outside A.Comer bodybuilders in Bilston, Cheer’s Pete

Nice one Pete. Love the old khaki variants from the late 60s and 70s. Cheers pal. :sunglasses: :sunglasses: :sunglasses:

BonkeyDollocks:
Nice one Pete. Love the old khaki variants from the late 60s and 70s. Cheers pal. :sunglasses: :sunglasses: :sunglasses:

The lad who gave me that photo ( since passed away ) had approx 100+ that was given to him by Ray Comer, I would love to know what happened to them as most of them were Tarmac’s, Cheer’s Pete

Hope they all show up at some point in the near future. Better to be shown on the Internet instead of staying locked away forever. :wink:

Good luck in your search fella. :smiley:

Couple of overhead shots of the Pike, possibly late 70s.

image.jpg

image.jpg

Hi Bonkey,
A few I found on internet, some probably been on before but there is no harm in repeats after all the TV is full of them!

VS02041.jpg

VS01978.jpg

VS01395.jpg

VS00447.jpg

Few more,

JLC00448-02.jpg

JLC00448-01.jpg

JLC00376-10.jpg

JLC00359-14.jpg

JLC00251-02.jpg

JLC00229-06.jpg

HuA0793.jpg

Ulceby,N.Lincs.

Ulceby,N.Lincs.

Ulceby,N.Lincs.

IMG_1302.jpg

TARMAC:
Here’s a varied one, from Tarmac South Africa in 1986…

The tipper trucks were converted to carry water… There was a drought in Durban and Tarmac had a disused deep quarry full of water… Here the trucks are filling up the swimming pool at the Maharani Hotel on the beachfront of Durban… It started raining not long after which put an end to the enterprise