Tarmac Owner Operator

I have had my licence for about a year now and never really used it as I have a well paid but un rewarding job outside the industry. However I am giving some serious thought to giving it up and going to Tarmac as an owner operator (Tipper) and am really looking for some advice about this set up and if anyone has had any experience with them I. e Them as a company Hidden tie in.'s ,Money and the general day to day of living with this kind of work.
i would be extremely grateful of any feed back good or bad. Plus any other suggestions are very welcome

if it’s one of theses “buy the truck out of what it earns” type deals be very wary, several up this way have got into real bother when works dropped of in winter, bare in mind the truck payments the same wether your busy or not!
as for tarmac they seem one of the better companies to work for from what i’ve heard.

paul b:
if it’s one of theses “buy the truck out of what it earns” type deals be very wary, several up this way have got into real bother when works dropped of in winter, bare in mind the truck payments the same wether your busy or not!
as for tarmac they seem one of the better companies to work for from what i’ve heard.

What Paul said, there’s a lot round here, tied to the quarries, and it’s a case of when the contracts up you’re left with nexy to nowt. You should be higher up the list than a freelance owner driver like. It’s also worth trying to buy a wagon, with work from an existing O/D as long as you get their place in the quarry. I don’t do much quarry work but I lnow a few do, and it seems like it can be a very bitchy job at times :wink:

trucknetuk.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=11987

Here’s the rest of your reply’s fae the other forum’s.No need to have us running round the boards. :laughing:Welcome to trucknet :wink:

kitkat:
http://trucknetuk.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=11987

Here’s the rest of your reply’s fae the other forum’s.No need to have us running round the boards. :laughing:Welcome to trucknet :wink:

Welcome to Trucknet Jag Boy

Just to keep things tidy can we do what KitKat suggested and have all replies in the other thread

Thanks