Still after advice

Come on Drivers, theres got to be somemore Drivers out there that can give me some advice on the Owner Operator Driver Scheme with Tarmac, i’ve got all the info from Tarmac but need someone who is or has done the scheme for some info on it.

Cheers :slight_smile:

Avy:
Come on Drivers, theres got to be somemore Drivers out there that can give me some advice on the Owner Operator Driver Scheme with Tarmac, i’ve got all the info from Tarmac but need someone who is or has done the scheme for some info on it.

Cheers :slight_smile:

:bulb: :bulb: You may get the attention of someone who knows by editing the post title to TARMAC Owner Driver Operater Scheme :question: :question:

You mean a bit like this one ROG?

trucknetuk.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=29877

:wink: :smiley:

Coffeeholic:

YEH just like that :exclamation: :blush: :blush: :blush:

Im on for Tarmac as an approved haulier (along with hammer). We get the same work except I only do dry stone / sand. Ive got the telematics fitted into my cab which gives you the work.
The only difference is…
I decide who finances and insures my wagon.
I decide who buys my wagon when I sell it.
I can work for other quarries.
I dont get charged an admin fee.
I dont have to paint my wagon White,yellow and green.
If I was to buy a new truck I can decide what make of body to put on it.
and I dont have to give Tarmac approx £6500 of my money just incase something should go wrong with the truck or I cant make the big monthly payment on the big globetrotter !!
basically they have you by the go nads!

but theres hauliers that swear by it and theres some that havent renewed their contracts and theres one thats just sold his to another haulier that now has 2.

They are supposed to guarantee them work but that doesnt seem to happen around here as tarmac seem to always be busy.

Speak to contract owners in your area and ask how the work situation is because tarmac cant magic work if there isnt any!!

dozer:
Im on for Tarmac as an approved haulier (along with hammer). We get the same work except I only do dry stone / sand. Ive got the telematics fitted into my cab which gives you the work.
The only difference is…
I decide who finances and insures my wagon.
I decide who buys my wagon when I sell it.
I can work for other quarries.
I dont get charged an admin fee.
I dont have to paint my wagon White,yellow and green.
If I was to buy a new truck I can decide what make of body to put on it.
and I dont have to give Tarmac approx £6500 of my money just incase something should go wrong with the truck or I cant make the big monthly payment on the big globetrotter !!
basically they have you by the go nads!

but theres hauliers that swear by it and theres some that havent renewed their contracts and theres one thats just sold his to another haulier that now has 2.

They are supposed to guarantee them work but that doesnt seem to happen around here as tarmac seem to always be busy.

Speak to contract owners in your area and ask how the work situation is because tarmac cant magic work if there isnt any!!

What he said.

Also you can paint your wagon pea green or off-orange or whatever other horrid colour you like! :wink: (My old tub might be slow up hills but at least she’s easy on the eye! :laughing: :laughing: :wink: )

:open_mouth:

Coffeeholic:

:wink: :smiley:[/quot
I that was my first message quote, but I didn’t get much of a responce… :unamused: ]

Cheers fellas for the advice, I’ll do a bit more digging around, not thinking of moving jobs till about middle of summer anyway.

Cheers :wink: