Tankers

wirralpete:
great pictures mate. i like the berk erf with the sulphur barrel (oh the joys of molten sulphur…lol).

If only the general public knew what was in these tanks.Sulphur,Maleic anhydride,Phenol,Phos,acids,all sorts of nasties.Would they treat us with more respect??

welshphil:

wirralpete:
great pictures mate. i like the berk erf with the sulphur barrel (oh the joys of molten sulphur…lol).

If only the general public knew what was in these tanks.Sulphur,Maleic anhydride,Phenol,Phos,acids,all sorts of nasties.Would they treat us with more respect??

it might stop them drinking Coca Cola :laughing:

Wheel Nut:

welshphil:

wirralpete:

it might stop them drinking Coca Cola :laughing:

:laughing: :laughing: :laughing:
I like that Malc.

loaded acetic acid once, that put me off vineger for life!. :smiley:

Here’s a sugar tanker, hope you dont mind me adding, picture was taken with my phone not the best of quality ! :blush:

Dumfries July 1991

M42 services Tamworth June 1991

M5 Micheal Wood services August 1989

The last pic. of willis the trailer axles dont look right, might just be camera angle but looks like middle axle sticks out ■■ :open_mouth:

Neil Bomford Haulage, Harleston, Norfolk, 2009. :smiley:

steadymabo:
The last pic. of willis the trailer axles dont look right, might just be camera angle but looks like middle axle sticks out ■■ :open_mouth:

looks like its still fitted with twin wheels,but singles on front & back

Driven by Mick Milburn out of Bell Street, Oldham

Driven By Roger Fairbrother out of Cadishead

Driven by Ste out of Cadishead

Driven by Peter Hatch out of Bell Street, Oldham

Driven by Tony Wallace out of Bell Street, Oldham

DAF 95 driven by Bob Sharp out of Bell Street, Oldham

sad stiller:

steadymabo:

Knowing Wills :laughing: (I did a spell on milk tankers) … when the weights went up, they had a “hotch-potch” of tankers with extra axles added … old tandems, with another axle on super singles :sunglasses:

Wow great pics of sadler tankers.when i was younger my grandad drove for them for years out of long eaton on phillps contract and got to ride shotgun…

The Rustler:

sad stiller:

steadymabo:

Knowing Wills :laughing: (I did a spell on milk tankers) … when the weights went up, they had a “hotch-potch” of tankers with extra axles added … old tandems, with another axle on super singles :sunglasses:

Willis’s have an old fashioned workshop with old fashioned mechanics. a proper haulier :stuck_out_tongue: I was amazed how the traffic office could work, it was organised

CHAOS :stuck_out_tongue:

daniel james page:
Wow great pics of sadler tankers.when i was younger my grandad drove for them for years out of long eaton on phillps contract and got to ride shotgun…

whats your grandad called■■?

The Rustler:

sad stiller:

steadymabo:

Leathers Chemicals also had tri-axle tailers with larger tyres on middle axle,super singles on 1&3 and I think twins on centre,at least different size if not twins.

Here’s a few from Stanfield.

Thanks Tipit.
Sadly 3 companies no longer around Townson were taken over by Sadler in 1980 they were then taken over by Stiller in 2000.County Freight taken over by Direct North West in 2002 and Direct closed 2006.

Anyone out there with any pics of Lynch Tankers from Northwich or any other tanker companys.