Tankers - Petrol - ADR

Are probably going to be my next move. Was chatting to a bloke today whilst delivering at Tesco’s Didcot. It’d be so nice to pull up, tip and head for my next drop. No being treated like [zb] by goods in staff )not at Didcot I hasten to add. They have allways been pretty good to me unless it’s been a bank holiday, then I rub my hands) and them giving the office a complete jackanory about why your being held at the gate for 3 hours (think of the overtime) :unamused:. Your opinions on the job please.

My m8 used to be on tankers but left because of the stress of having to make the timed deliveries. Office on his back if even 10 mins late :exclamation:

my neighbour used to be on tankers also but he jacked and went wrking for asda better money he said

simon

I think the days of honey on tankers or car transporters are long gone.
I’m on recovery work now & have to agree with you about warehouse staff, I now deliver to car dealers & bodyshops etc & guess what I’m spoken to politely, even helped at times & I’v never been left standing at reception, without good reason, for more than 2-3 minutes.
We go into some of the places & the staff come out to see what you’ve got for them, yesterday I pulled up at a bodyshop in Wembley & I had 5 guys out helping me before I had even switched the PTO on, I was in & out in 10 minutes & that included putting my straps tidy & getting the depot manager to sign my paperwork, its a whole new world.

After 18 plus years on tankers I would leave them well alone.

Everything is chasing, you are still treated like a scumbag and the money has gone down not up.

I bet garage managers are just as awkward as goods in staff.

Ok, thanks. Not really worth spending the dosh . That’s saved me a few quid :wink: .

timed delivery :question: :question: so thats the reason why they come tramping past,on the motorway …i,m limited to 56 like everyone elsebut how come they gotta be doing 60 plus not my idea of fon with all that petrol sitting behind me and its a regular to see vosa at dartford crossing picking on tankers

Threre is money to be earned, just not in the mainstreem.

I know someone who delivers to the raf & airfields (jet fuel) & he is on an absolute packet, would concider it myself if I was older :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry:

innit:
timed delivery :question: :question: so thats the reason why they come tramping past,on the motorway …i,m limited to 56 like everyone elsebut how come they gotta be doing 60 plus not my idea of fon with all that petrol sitting behind me and its a regular to see vosa at dartford crossing picking on tankers

i`m glad its not just me thats noticed that innit. you would think with a highly hazardous load like fuel they would be steadier drivers than normal… not “flat out constantly at 60+” :open_mouth: :open_mouth:

as someone whos ADR licence is gonna expire in the next few months I doubt i will be splashing the cash to renew it, not when its gonna cost £300+ for 7 classes (tanks + packs) to renew it, i dont see that ill get a return on my money / investment :unamused: :cry: I`ll stick with RDC fridge work for now, better the devil you know :open_mouth: