Tanker drivers as bad as tipper drivers

Are fuel tanker drivers being paid same way tipper drivers are paid?
Is it per job done, per delivery?
I’ve noticed they are always in a rush, always trying to be faster, always trying to overtake you, run faster.
I though they were carrying dangerous loads and should be a bit more careful than a general haulage lorry driver, but from what I see they come second behind tipper drivers when it comes to reckless driving.
I’m talking here about London driving inside M25, and yes, they do look like loaded not empty ones.
It’s scary sometimes when you think what can happen to other road users if things go wrong.

don’t tar us all with the same brush.iv driven all over Europe but at moment drive a tipper paid by the hour,had a clean accident free licence for 24 years. we are not all bad :laughing:

youtube.com/watch?v=lTR6h0FMyjo

This chap is hilarious if you fancy watching his other vids lol.

I drive a tipper and I’m never in a rush

I drive a fridge and I’m always in a rush.

I drove a tipper for nearly 12 years and didn’t rush. One firm with red lorries and blue tippers did try though…
Job and knock on flour now, still don’t rush and the agency mates appreciate it. :wink:

The majority of fuel tanker drivers seem to potter about these days, compared to how they were pre limiter and limiter bearing in mid limiters were set at 100ks or 62mph.
If things are still the same, they have a set run daily for there wage, then if they get back they earn the extra by doing another on “overtime”.
Even the majority of tipper drivers potter about now, but you still have the usual suspects that drive like they stole it.

weeto:
Even the majority of tipper drivers potter about now, but you still have the usual suspects that drive like they stole it.

I wonder if this is because the likes of Hansons have started running their own tippers because of the OD shortage? The London suspects like Thames Materials and Keltbray still uphold old traditions, whereas the old school companies like Smiths Bletchington, Tuckwells and Cullimores are still steady.
Or have the “blue chip drivers” now displaced by Poles and agencies, moved to tipper work and taken the nice and steady attitude with them?

volvo keef:
I drive a tipper and I’m never in a rush

+1

oldmanofuley:
don’t tar us all with the same brush.iv driven all over Europe but at moment drive a tipper paid by the hour,had a clean accident free licence for 24 years. we are not all bad :laughing:

Why did you tell us you used to " drive all over Europe" ?

NewLad:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lTR6h0FMyjo

:laughing: :laughing: :laughing: things drivers do to keep amused I was laughing my knackers off at that fella, is he Chubby Brown in a Wagon? :laughing:

Drift:

NewLad:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lTR6h0FMyjo

:laughing: :laughing: :laughing: things drivers do to keep amused I was laughing my knackers off at that fella, is he Chubby Brown in a Wagon? :laughing:

He loves women drivers lmfao “split arse”

I’d tend to disagree, Tankers I see seem to be driving well, would agree about some tippers and bulk tippers. One nearly gave me a heart attack and a dirty pair of pants the other week lol

G6Bob:
I’d tend to disagree, Tankers I see seem to be driving well

:open_mouth: Not met any of the Clugston ones running out of Scunthorpe then. Utter nobheads the lot of them.

Or the ones that run out of Essex, mad [zb]s most of em, especially on the roundabout at the A13/M25 junction.

I think most rigid tankers are paid by the hour but the likes of hoyer etc are paid per job and hardly ever get paid for delays…

If companies were to stop paying people on job and finish schemes, offering mileage bonus and other ‘incentives’, them the ‘idiot element’ of truckers would be radically reduced. The roads would be safer, truckers would be less stressed and the horrific accidents that occur when speeding trucks cannot stop would be minimised. The companies themselves would benefit from lower fuel bills and radically reduced wear and damage on their vehicles.

I’m not trying to paint every fuel tanker and a tipper driver with the same brush , there are some responsible fuel tanker and tipper drivers out there, no doubt, but that’s my impression, from what I see on the roads.
I’ve always known, tipper drivers (in general, no all), are pretty reckless on the road, but have also noticed fuel tanker drivers are not far behind them, and I’m talking here about breaking speed limits, they mostly adhere to the speed limits, but they seem to be overtaking when traffic is forming, they keep changing lanes at the last second, get in front of you, so you have to break hard to avoid collision, it seems like me , someone who carries regular goods, I’m more responsible than fuel tanker driver, where it should be the other way round.
That’s what I sometimes see on North Circular, M25, A13, M4…, roads leading to and from London, towards M25.

hkloss1:
Are fuel tanker drivers being paid same way tipper drivers are paid?

Yes we are all paid with money!

hkloss1:
I’m not trying to paint every fuel tanker and a tipper driver with the same brush ,

REALLY! Could have fooled me :unamused:

hkloss1:
I’ve always known, tipper drivers (in general, no all), are pretty reckless on the road, but have also noticed fuel tanker drivers are not far behind them,

What a ridiculous generalisation :open_mouth:

hkloss1:
it seems like me , someone who carries regular goods, I’m more responsible than fuel tanker driver,

So it all depends on what you’re carrying then does it? And who say’s you’re more responsible??

Right then, tell me how I should drive please because by your ‘always known’ rules I should drive different depending on my load/trailer.

Tomorrow morning I will have a bulk tipper - must drive like a ■■■■■
In the afternoon, if I’ve driven fast enough in the morning I will have a flatbed on.
Then time depending hitch up to a curtain sider and have a steady mooch south for an early collection Tuesday.

3 trailers 3 different loads would that be 3 different driving styles■■? You talk out of your generalised stereotyped arse! :unamused:

LIBERTY_GUY:
If companies were to stop paying people on job and finish schemes, offering mileage bonus and other ‘incentives’, them the ‘idiot element’ of truckers would be radically reduced.

It might be slightly reduced but I don’t think it would go further than that. You’d still find that the industry would be infested with the idiotic Billy Big Trucker types, in a rush all the time just because they think it makes them look like real tough guys and not bothered how they intimidate others out of their way.

For some reason haulage has always attracted these people and it always will.