"Taking Your Safety Seriously. ."

I don’t know why, but these little signs on Tesco trailers (and “Safe driving with ASDA…”) just annoy me somehow. Why not be honest and say “hanging the time out” or “sorry for any delay, the driver is trying to get an extra 15minutes overtime.”
Or for Morrison drivers on the M5 how can crawling along at 45 be in the interests of safety?

Well i would say in general the slower we all went the less accidents there would be, if we all went around 20 to 30 mph over the speed limits then there would be more accidents.

bald bloke:
Well i would say in general the slower we all went the less accidents there would be, if we all went around 20 to 30 mph over the speed limits then there would be more accidents.

Well I didn’t feel at risk when I passed Tesco doing 45ish for my safety on the A34. They don’t give two hoots for “your safety” it’s way of advertising by making you feel like they care. Wilkinsons used to put that DARE ■■■■■■■■ on their trailers, never made me want drug addiction information, nor to go to a rundown area of a large town and use one of their shops.

Muckaway:
I don’t know why, but these little signs on Tesco trailers (and “Safe driving with ASDA…”) just annoy me somehow. Why not be honest and say “hanging the time out” or “sorry for any delay, the driver is trying to get an extra 15minutes overtime.”
Or for Morrison drivers on the M5 how can crawling along at 45 be in the interests of safety?

If the company tells the drivers not to break the law what has that got to do with overtime or hanging the job out?
If you need to speed to get finished you must be in the wrong job?

Going over 45 on a dc isn’t speeding. Not annoyed by doing the limit, it’s the patronising warm and fluffy notices on the back. What’s up with just displaying the legal limits (all trucks should, really)?

Muckaway:
Going over 45 on a dc isn’t speeding. Not annoyed by doing the limit, it’s the patronising warm and fluffy notices on the back. What’s up with just displaying the legal limits (all trucks should, really)?

Still got tipper mentality muckaway? Chill, relax, slow down, they’re heavy vehicles and not F1 cars :wink:

I always think its odd when I see a trailer with " limited to 52mph" on the back, the ones that overtake me doing 56mph. The trailer is limited to whatever the truck can do not vice versa. And as for post office vans being limited to 70mph! What’s that about?

What these helmets don’t realise, there is more than one way to skin a cat. They do 45 mph to the store, which adds around 5-10 mins to a journey, tip and load in an hour, then back. On 2 runs a day they are creaming approx 45 mins. When I was on safeway, I used to do the speed limits to the store, and when tipped would leave it on the bay for half hour 40 mins ish, then do the limit back. All the others couldn’t work out why I got left alone, whilst earning more cash :sunglasses: , and they were under constant scrutiny. Tachos and time sheets pulled apart under interrogation. The nobs at Sainsbury’s Waltham point verged on waterboarding :open_mouth:

Slackbladder:
I always think its odd when I see a trailer with " limited to 52mph" on the back, the ones that overtake me doing 56mph. The trailer is limited to whatever the truck can do not vice versa. And as for post office vans being limited to 70mph! What’s that about?

The ones that get me are multi national tradesmen vans. Gas electric etc, limited to 68. What’s the point ffs. It’s 2 mph under the nsl. Why not just make it 70 :bulb:

Muckaway:

The notices arent for you’re benefit, they are for the average car driver who has no idea about hgv speed limits, granted the motorway speed limit isnt 50 as tesco put on the stickers on their trailers, but for you to be getting stressed about what a sticker says on the back of a trailer is pretty stupid really,

I work for tesco and I dont do 40 on a s/c just to hang the job out or get 15 mins more overtime, I do it because thats what my employer wants. I can hang the job out in other ways without having to go any slower than I have too.

selby newcomer:

Muckaway:

The notices arent for you’re benefit, they are for the average car driver who has no idea about hgv speed limits, granted the motorway speed limit isnt 50 as tesco put on the stickers on their trailers, but for you to be getting stressed about what a sticker says on the back of a trailer is pretty stupid really,

I work for tesco and I dont do 40 on a s/c just to hang the job out or get 15 mins more overtime, I do it because thats what my employer wants. I can hang the job out in other ways without having to go any slower than I have too.

this ^^

although I doubt the message will get across to the law-breakers :laughing:

Slackbladder:

that could well have been me if it was a palletforce trailer you saw it on. hire units ftw! :laughing: in fact all our company wagons are limited to 52 but we have just as many hire units in at the moment which do 56-57. :smiley:

I’ve no problem with those doing 40, I do it when it suits me what my point is, s why do they dress it all up warm and cuddly when they could just print the limits?

Muckaway:

Never once seen a shopping trolly doing 45 on a motorway or DC. Maybe they were hill climbing?

“Tesco takes your safety seriously…” It’s a typical hoax, made for Mr Jones and Mrs Smith, the average car drivers. I never ever been doing 40 on a single carriageway, cos it’s just simply a ■■■■■■■■. This why I signed that petition. And I think, the motorway speed limit should be 90 MPH, instead 70 and the cops should get rid the idiot cab and car drivers doing 50 without reason.

The rear and sides of HGV are the probably the most effective way of getting road safety messages across; there it is staring you in the face, just like the chevrons painted on the road surface. I particularly like the one that makes it clear that you are too close if you can read it at certain speeds. It’s just a pity that there aren’t more of them.

Muckaway:

Tis only another month or so and you can spread some more of your wit, good humour and positive attitude amongst all of Santa’s little helpers…

I bet you can’t wait! :unamused: :unamused:

Piston broke:

Muckaway:

Tis only another month or so and you can spread some more of your wit, good humour and positive attitude amongst all of Santa’s little helpers…

I bet you can’t wait! :unamused: :unamused:

Every little helps.
:laughing:

I’m quite scheptical about these sorts of things and it is my opinion that they do them for effect. It’s the same with the environment, do they really care about it or is it just a case of jumping on the bandwagon? Let’s be honest, this environmental stuff costs an absolute fortune to adhere to.

Lusk:
I’m quite scheptical about these sorts of things and it is my opinion that they do them for effect. It’s the same with the environment, do they really care about it or is it just a case of jumping on the bandwagon? Let’s be honest, this environmental stuff costs an absolute fortune to adhere to.

It’s like Thames Water. Keep on hiking up the prices to pay shareholders and do up Londons’ sewers, but to take the sting out they ask you to throw more money away by donating to water aid. They don’t care about Eejit walking 10 miles a day to get water (build a mud hut closer to the borehole?), they just want to appear warm and cuddly to the consumers. Tesco do the same with their “safety seriously” signs. They don’t care if you gohead first into a tree, aslong as your car’s full of their horsemeat burgers.