taking the wee

So taday was my first day back after being off for 2 months with my back injury

I get to my truck and there are 20 county maps missing my tv/dvd combi has gone my inverter and a load of other bits and bobs.

When I left work after my accident i was doubled over in pain got out of the truck and straight into the car to go home. When i told the gaffa he said tough you should have told us and we would have taken your stuff out. Then i told him together all the stuff that is missing is nearly £500 :open_mouth:. He was not budging atall, so angecy drivers are driving round with £500 of my gear and he wont pay out

Has that ever happend to y6ou guys what do you suggest i do? I was goingto get the solicitor to add it to the damages claim for my injury

Phil

You haven’t got a leg to stand on. Sorry.

How do you know it’s an agency driver :question:

:imp: :imp: :imp:

Why does everyone ALWAYS blame agency driver’s :question: . Getting sick of hearing it now. :imp:

Anyone could have picked up the keys to your wagon and taken the stuff, even your gaffer. You haven’t considered that your wagon might have been used by a regular driver while there’s was in for service :question: . :angry:

Anyone could have picked up the keys to your wagon and taken the stuff, even your gaffer. You haven’t considered that your wagon might have been used by a regular driver while there’s was in for service

So in that case call in the police and do a search of their truck’s and locker’s.If nothing is found then a list of every agency driver can be obtained from the agency who suppied the driver’s. :wink:

kitkat:

Anyone could have picked up the keys to your wagon and taken the stuff, even your gaffer. You haven’t considered that your wagon might have been used by a regular driver while there’s was in for service

So in that case call in the police and do a search of their truck’s and locker’s.If nothing is found then a list of every agency driver can be obtained from the agency who suppied the driver’s. :wink:

Can someone prod Jim to wake him up and get him back in the real world :question:

:unamused:

spoken like a true agency driver…i dont want to tar everyone with the same brush but, that is the exact attitude that causes such thievery

im sure if i blatently lost the load in the back of his trailor he would be peeved

his insurance covers it… if not his employer insurance does as it is for employees and there property

Spacemonkeypg:
spoken like a true agency driver…i dont want to tar everyone with the same brush but, that is the exact attitude that causes such thievery

im sure if i blatently lost the load in the back of his trailor he would be peeved

his insurance covers it… if not his employer insurance does as it is for employees and there property

Apart from I’m not an agency driver. With that attitude you deserve all you got.

This is THEFT. Call the POLICE.

20 maps, a t/v and dvd combination, an inverter, and loads of other stuff.

Forget adding this to your damage claim, it’s not like your vehicle caught fire.

I hope to-day was your LAST day, as the gaffer does not seem concerned.

Say Goodbye and report the THEFT to the POLICE.

Cheers,

Niall.

And the police will say, ‘it’s a civil matter, sir’.

apart from the stuff thats missing with a boss with that kind of attitude id tell him to stick his job up is arse cuz he obviousley doesnt think much of his drivers

Rob K:
With that attitude you deserve all you got.

so hurting his back,then being off work for 2 months then getting back to work to find some thieving ■■■■ has nicked his gear is what he deserves then rob!

would you be as understanding of the employers attitude if your belongings were nicked?

i seem to remember you packed your job in mainly because you forgot to put your gear in the truck and archibolds said tough.
at least you didn`t have it stolen :unamused:

kojak:

Rob K:
With that attitude you deserve all you got.

so hurting his back,then being off work for 2 months then getting back to work to find some thieving [zb] has nicked his gear is what he deserves then rob!

would you be as understanding of the employers attitude if your belongings were nicked?

i seem to remember you packed your job in mainly because you forgot to put your gear in the truck and archibolds said tough.
at least you didn`t have it stolen :unamused:

You’ve strayed totally away from the point Kojak. His attitude towards agency driver’s stinks so I’ve no sympathy for his £500 loss until he stops tarring everyone with the same brush. :bulb:

I drove one of our trucks until 4 am once then an agency driver had it from 6 am until 4 pm then i had it again from 6pm noe i dont want to point the finger at the poor agency driver but the map did go missing and i didnt take it.

i didnt think at the time to ask the boss if he had nicked it ill ask tonight when i go in and let yo know the answer. :unamused: :unamused: :unamused: :unamused:

unfortunatly kleptomania is prevelant amongst drivers, some are effected worse than others,from hanging on to the pen from the office you have visted to gathering up the rachetstrap laying around, what is not correct in this case is the fact that the employer and his employees have not taken the time andtrouble to clear out the belongings of the person who due to his illness could not do so, this speaks ill of such a firm and i would not like to be employed here,yes go to the police and ask for there advice
and perhaps you might be given some good information on how to address the situation,also talk to your insurance about makeing a claim. and ask them to investigate the theft as i do belive that your employer is at fault here,and has failed to carry out the required dutys that he has to adhere to as regards employers welfare, are you with a union ask here as well or the citzens advice office well worth a try as well, Do not let this
unsocial.ignorant ■■■ have his way mate go all the way on getting your rights seen too,

Rob K:
And the police will say, ‘it’s a civil matter, sir’.

Wrong, Rob :slight_smile: :slight_smile: :slight_smile:

The report of theft is a criminal matter which must be investigated if demanded, personally I would have Called the police to report the theft, obtained a crime number then claimed off my household insurance.

And before anyone argues that it cannot be done, it can, a similar incident happened to me around 7 years ago and although it was only a couple of hundred quids worth of stuff, my household insurance paid up and bought a new 12v colour TV and a cheque for £60 to cover maps.

Thats what insurance is for and it’s not solely tied to your house as it covers personal items READ THE SMALL PRINT :wink: :wink: :wink:

Rob K:
His attitude towards agency driver’s stinks so I’ve no sympathy for his £500 loss until he stops tarring everyone with the same brush. :bulb:

understood :wink: i know what your`e saying there. :slight_smile:

brit pete:
what is not correct in this case is the fact that the employer and his employees have not taken the time andtrouble to clear out the belongings of the person who due to his illness could not do so, this speaks ill of such a firm and i would not like to be employed here,yes go to the police and ask for there advice
and perhaps you might be given some good information on how to address the situation,also talk to your insurance about makeing a claim.

spot on,and what i was trying to say but in a more rantish style :laughing:

Davey Driver:
The report of theft is a criminal matter which must be investigated if demanded, personally I would have Called the police to report the theft, obtained a crime number then claimed off my household insurance.

And before anyone argues that it cannot be done, it can,

thats right davey,because it`s a portable t.v. ect it is covered by household insurance,same thing has happened to me in the past :wink:

Got a new job today, start thursday so wont be going back

I have a fealing the situation was orchastrated to get me to walk out. There is some realy bad feeling there as i am making a claim for my injury. Dont get me wrong i dont just fall on a paper clip and claim, im claiming because of his attitude towards my injury and the fact i predicted and protested about his attitude to H & S.

I am not tarring all agency drivers with the same brush! But when ever i have had a day off with whatever firm and an agency driver has driven my unit 99.9% of the time its not returned in the state is was left. From maps missing, mars bars wrappers stuffed here there and every where, ■■■ smoke and ends to lazing all over the bunk (with bedding on). I have been an agency driver myself and you dont tend to care about the truck as much as if it was your own.

I will call the police regarding the kit that has gone missing. But im sure instead of claiming on my insurance i can claim on the firms Employee insurance. They have to insure against loss, theft or damage to employees and there property. Im not completely sure on that though so anyone with more know how would be helpfull.

Rob you seem to have a very BIG chip on your shoulder calm down dear! its only a website!!

Spacemonkeypg:
Rob you seem to have a very BIG chip on your shoulder calm down dear! its only a website!!

No. I’m sick of the tossers who are prejudice against agency drivers for no reason. It’s as simple as that. :unamused:

I just do privatstuff in Truck if Boss allowes my each Peace for thereself,which gives my the Garanty that he knows what i have,and by Complayn will he take action.
In some Cases is it better to buy Stuff over the Company as Company likes pretty Lorries,and bought through Company gives there the Garanty that no damage happens to Lorry by operating extras,as the stuff is registered in Company and Injurence in Case of damage or stohlen

Spacemonkeypg:

im sure you are peeved but thats out of order … im an agency driver and got a call out of the blue last night to a truck that the driver had an accident he had fallen over in the yard and hurt his wrist and if you ever been in bedfords yard at birstal you’d know its got more craters than the moon. the lad in charge said when i got there that all his gear is in the lorry as he was going away all week and i said dont worry i wont touch a thing and i never in fact he had a load of dvd’s laid on his bunk and i stuffed them under his quilt out of the way case anybody after me took them and i didnt want the blame. as it was after i had done the job i got back to the yard and the driver was there after being in hospital and i told him where his dvd’s were.

jessicas dad:

Spacemonkeypg:
i dont want to tar everyone with the same brush but,

The reason i put that in is because not all people are the same…i think the plot of the link is lost now its about the fact that it has gone missing and they refuse to re-imburse me for the lost money not that it was an agency driver