Taking breaks on a pump

If you do this, you are a thing which sounds like shunt.

By the time you have filled up, taken a dump, done a shop, got a coffee and then paid for everything its an easy 15min :laughing: :laughing:

I was sat behind this broom stick 15 mins before he’d even got out the cab !! Didn’t realise until it was too late. Think he was going for the full 45.

if i want the shop but no fuel i will try and clear the pumps, if not then it gets parked on the pump but usually only 5 mins and gone again, some petrol stations are now telling drivers too park on the pumps even if they are not drawing fuel.
(just a side note, most petrol stations make more money out of drivers purchasing goods out of the shop than the fuel they put in the tank, get fuel with a fuel card and the petrol station gets a handling fee which aint very much according to a friend that works in a petrol station and unless you are paying with a credit card then the £10 on ■■■■, paper, coffee and sandwich you bought earned them more)

mrginge:
By the time you have filled up, taken a dump, done a shop, got a coffee and then paid for everything its an easy 15min :laughing: :laughing:

I see you’re one of the considerate type, bless.

More often than not I usually took a 15 while on the pumps at the AS24 in Calais :unamused:
Because it took nigh on 20 minutes to fill up :laughing:

bobbya:

mrginge:

I see you’re one of the considerate type, bless.

Nah, don’t think i have been to a petrol station for fuel in a lorry more then 5 times. Always been at places with depots for fuel.

I was having a coffee and watching Mr DVSA at Rownhams Services a few weeks ago. He appeared to be reminding a couple of guys doing it about working during their “breaks”.
After they left the pumps, he had them pull up behind the garage building and sit there for another fifteen minutes.

I often do it if it suits me. Pumps at Immingham are that slow a 15 is easy without dawdling :unamused: If anyone pulls in behind I WILL move :wink: I’m not that selfish.

Nope never done and never will, DVSA would have a field day of they spotted ya

khdgsa:
I was having a coffee and watching Mr DVSA at Rownhams Services a few weeks ago. He appeared to be reminding a couple of guys doing it about working during their “breaks”.
After they left the pumps, he had them pull up behind the garage building and sit there for another fifteen minutes.

Hope nobody fills in job sheets/ paperwork then when on break or god forbid at night once parked up.
Straight to jail do not pass go.

Simmons84:
Nope never done and never will, DVSA would have a field day of they spotted ya

I know of a diver who was investigated very thoroughly for this. They checked pump receipts against tachos. Not worth the risk.

Most of you are coming from the tacho/legality end of it.
What about the shear inconsideration, selfishness, bad manners and ■■■■ you attitude to fellow drivers aspect.
If I fill up I pull forward to let the guy behind me on before I sign for it as a matter of course.

I find myself saying this more and more on here…‘‘It is what we ALL used to do once over’’ :bulb:

^^^ This

If you are on a break and you’ve got maybe 2-3 minutes left fair enough, but to deliberately sit there in your cab for 15 mins knowing there is a lorry behind waiting is bang out of order.

We all need to be somewhere and we all want to make it home where possible. Your inconsiderate break on the pump could mean the difference of someone else getting home or not.

dri-diddly-iver:
I often do it if it suits me. Pumps at Immingham are that slow a 15 is easy without dawdling :unamused: If anyone pulls in behind I WILL move :wink: I’m not that selfish.

same at podimore, down to 1/4 of a tank, took ages, needed a ■■■■ as well so was jogging on the spot. guy who came in behind me go out and looked to see if I was actually at the pump, all i could do was shrug my shoulders. not just filling half way just to stop at the next services to finish filling up. dopey twit could have just gone on the next pump to the left, my tanks on the nearside, his was offside…

I’ll stick it on a break if it suits me and I’m behind someone waiting, roll to the pump back on break. String me up. By the time I’ve waited for someone to finish up, handed my fuel card in and filled up it’ll be over 15 anyway. Don’t do it all the time, very rarely if I’m straight on a pump. I always move forward too, even if the place is empty, hardly takes much effort.

I’m sure someone will be along shortly to tell us why moving forward is ridiculous, the same as giving someone a flash in when overtaking and a show of the indicators are outdated nonsense. :unamused:

A.

Must be great jobs you guys have where you need to resort to this nonsense just to record a break! Get a grip & have the proper break at your leisure. Hope your bosses reward you well for keeping working when you should have the feet up with a cuppa…but I suspect they don’t! :unamused:

I suppose i am guilty of that offence sometimes, for sometimes its necessary to top up the radiator, and my personal water bottle too, as well as filling fuel, so while i`m in the shop, i take advantage of the coffee, sausage rolls and a newspaper and tollet…BTW, on the continent, there are machines for paying by fuel /credit card, so theres no need to go into the shop till one has filled up and parked, which is what i usually do…why is it we normally have to get our cards checked before filling up…surely thats a waste of time too, but at least you can get a 30 minute break in whilst doing that as you normally have to join the bloody queue…twice.

truckyboy:
you normally have to join the bloody queue…twice.

I have been told by a few places that you don’t have to queue the first time to hand your fuel card over, so i’ll just walk to the front if I recognise the clerk. Otherwise though I wait anyway, as I just know that one day i’ll pick the wrong clerk who’ll take great pleasure in humiliating me by saying “wait in the queue” in front of everybody. :blush:

busteredwards:
Must be great jobs you guys have where you need to resort to this nonsense just to record a break! Get a grip & have the proper break at your leisure. Hope your bosses reward you well for keeping working when you should have the feet up with a cuppa…but I suspect they don’t! :unamused:

:sunglasses: well said buster if the job wont stand 15 mins to hav a cupper it not worth doing :unamused: