Taking breaks on a pump

busteredwards:
Must be great jobs you guys have where you need to resort to this nonsense just to record a break! Get a grip & have the proper break at your leisure. Hope your bosses reward you well for keeping working when you should have the feet up with a cuppa…but I suspect they don’t! :unamused:

Just what I was thinking mate.
Although I do the same (not on the pumps) for various reasons of convenience, but also have my.proper break so I can take a break when it suits ME not the ■■■■ tacho…cue the tacho nazis again :laughing:

Filling up 1430ltrs of derv in two tanks plus adblue takes longer then 15 mins anyway.

Especially when the automatic clicky thing on the pump doesnt want to work.

Considerate people who know how to use there tacho just pull forward and flick it back onto break, then your break isnt interupted.

I always try to grab 15 while im fueling up. Aslong as im not going paid by the hour and i dont hold people up/inconvenience anyone.

Cue the hate.

I also use the opportunity to use the loo/get a coffee/something to eat, refill water as well as fuelling + ad blue. If there’s only the one pump I’ll move it if there’s somebody behind, but if there’s more than one, they can reverse back and pull into the one next to me if that truck pulls away before me.

I don’t see the problem with getting a 15 in. Done it myself without inconveniencing others.

As others have mentioned, by the time you have ■■■■■■ around with the card machine thing, fuelled up, and waited at the till, it’s an easy 15 minutes.

■■■■ that - I’d rather take my breaks by actually having a break (i.e. head back, eyes shut or reading the paper while munching my sarnies). Breaks are supposed to be for my benefit, not an inconvenient “obligation”.

robroy:
Most of you are coming from the tacho/legality end of it.
What about the shear inconsideration, selfishness, bad manners and [zb] you attitude to fellow drivers aspect.
If I fill up I pull forward to let the guy behind me on before I sign for it as a matter of course.

I find myself saying this more and more on here…‘‘It is what we ALL used to do once over’’ :bulb:

Couldn’t agree more, that’s what I do.

BradCarTransporter:
I was sat behind this broom stick 15 mins before he’d even got out the cab !! Didn’t realise until it was too late. Think he was going for the full 45.

So really your bum’d because by the time you realised you could have got a 15 in yourself

Anyone think this problem has got worse since the fuel stations have Greggs and subway in them■■?.
Saw a right inconsiderate nob at leeming last week sat eating a subway while on the pumps…a bloke said to him there’s people waiting and he said I’m having my breakfast sod em…
Arrogance

yorkshire terrier:
Anyone think this problem has got worse since the fuel stations have Greggs and subway in them■■?.
Saw a right inconsiderate nob at leeming last week sat eating a subway while on the pumps…a bloke said to him there’s people waiting and he said I’m having my breakfast sod em…
Arrogance

There aint many reasons for photographing/videoing a truck and it’s driver, and putting him either on here or you tube to drop him in it, and make him look (as he obviously is) a right ■■■■ but this reason certainly does.
The type of arse hole ■■■■ driver that has gone a long way to ■■■■ this job up . :imp:

yorkshire terrier:
Arrogance

Absolutely.

You get it at the BP in Deeside all the time, wagons back up queueing for the pumps & completely snarl up the whole service area all because some tossers sat having his sausage butty from Greggs :unamused:

HGV pumps should be Pay at the Pump only.

I pull on an empty pump when I dont even want fuel.
Just pop in the shop for ■■■■, shoppin and a dump. If on the return to my vehicle theres a queu formed behind me I pretend ive just fueled up by inspecting my tank cap and waving receipt for shopping at fellow truckers.

To be really convincing I insert the pump in me tank, stand there for 10 minutes while nothing comes out, go back in the shop for 5 minutes then come out again and bugger off.

Wouldnt put it on break though.

rob22888:

yorkshire terrier:

HGV pumps should be Pay at the Pump only.

Then it would take even longer, pay for the fuel at the pump then he goes into Greggs for his sarnie :slight_smile: