Taco question me and boss disagrer

Say I start at 19:00 drive 3half hours had truck on other work 1 hr drove for another2 hrs then had 45min break is that legal my boss says yes I say not sure others say 4half hrs you have break other work or not

doogiee:
Say I start at 19:00 drive 3half hours had truck on other work 1 hr drove for another2 hrs then had 45min break is that legal my boss says yes I say not sure others say 4half hrs you have break other work or not

No it ain’t legal, you’ve drove for 5 1/2 hours before you had a break. Max driving you can do before you have to have a break is 4 1/2 hours

Surely to God even the most ignorant Transport Manager knows that you can only drive for 4½ hours before you have to take a break■■?

obviously not harry :slight_smile:

OP, you need to have a read of basic tacho rules and get to learn them, in this game you can’t be sure of what everyone tells you is right or wrong. Asking on here is ok as you will get the right answer, but if your TM is telling you things like what your OP is about, then he is someone you can’t take no notice of in regards of tacho rules.

Do you download your card regular and are you getting regular infringements??

I can’t understand how someone can hold an HGV license and not know the FIRST and most BASIC rule there is!!! Beggars belief.

FarnboroughBoy11:
I can’t understand how someone can hold an HGV license and not know the FIRST and most BASIC rule there is!!! Beggars belief.

^^ This.

Sorry OP, but you are a bit ignorant.

4.5hrs MAX driving before you require a 45 min break - this can be split into at least a 15min break followed by at least a 30 min brea.

6hrs work and you must have a break

You broke, not 1 but BOTH of these rules in you example.

Now, you could’ve drove 3hrs, then done 3hrs other work and only needed a 15 mins break until you drove the other hour and half or did another 3hrs work

Remember, break and POA don’t count as working time.

FarnboroughBoy11:

^^ This ^^
I spat my tea out when I read this post! Cant believe there are HGV drivers on the road that dont know the BASIC driving hours rules!!!

6 hr working time 3half drive unload 2hr onother work mode then half hr drive then 45

The bizarre thing is that before the DCPC came along, every newly qualified driver knew the basics of the hours rules. Since the DCPC came in we have seen one post after another asking the most basic questions about even the simplest aspect of the hours rules by people who have sat through the course. DCPC obviously isn’t working in its current format.

I now the basic 4half hr drive but was not sure about have other work in the middle off the 4half hr drive

I thought after working 6hours the minimum break was 30 mins not 15 mins, but i stand to be corrected :blush: :laughing:

I think some people come on here, just to take the ■■■■.

doogiee:
I now the basic 4half hr drive but was not sure about have other work in the middle off the 4half hr drive

Did you think the other work in the middle of the 4half hr drive counted as a break? If not, then what difference did that make? Seriously?

I don’t want to upset or seem like I’m taking the ■■■■, but I would like to know what goes on in peoples heads when they need ■■■■ like this answering

millsie:
I thought after working 6hours the minimum break was 30 mins not 15 mins, but i stand to be corrected :blush: :laughing:

Consider yourself corrected. You only need to take 15min at the 6h point. If you shift is over 6h working time you have to take 30min total breaks in the shift (45mins total if your working time is over 9h) but the breaks can be at any time in the shift as long as at no point you exceed 6h working without at least a 15min break.

For example:

Work 4h
Break 15min
Work 4h
Break 30min
Work 4h

is perectly legal. Total working time is 12h, total breaks is 45min, at no point have you worked more than 6h without a break.

Paul

Domestic rules anyone? Perfectly legal under domestic… He hasnt actually said what type of driving he does to be fair…

Or could be a moron :stuck_out_tongue: :stuck_out_tongue:

I stand corrected :laughing: But i wouldn’t take less than 30 mins as i do like a good brew or two :wink:

Harry Monk:
The bizarre thing is that before the DCPC came along, every newly qualified driver knew the basics of the hours rules. Since the DCPC came in we have seen one post after another asking the most basic questions about even the simplest aspect of the hours rules by people who have sat through the course. DCPC obviously isn’t working in its current format.

Can’t spot the bit where the OP mentioned any course he had been on. :unamused: :wink:

Stop 'avin a go at the DCPC when it isn’t to blame (this time). This is more basic than basic stuff and by the sound of it the TM is just as clueless.

shep532:
Can’t spot the bit where the OP mentioned any course he had been on. :unamused: :wink:

Stop 'avin a go at the DCPC when it isn’t to blame (this time). This is more basic than basic stuff and by the sound of it the TM is just as clueless.

Surely nobody who has been doing the job for four or five years would need to ask how long you can drive for before needing to take a 45?

Harry Monk:

shep532:

Surely nobody who has been doing the job for four or five years would need to ask how long you can drive for before needing to take a 45?

I’ve come across a few …