Taco infringements

can anyone help our employer asks us to sign for our analysist report when there are infringement can we refuse to sign or are we obliged too by law :confused:

Sign it, it just means you acknowledge being a very naughty boy.

You can refuse if you want to but as said above it’s only to say that you’ve had them pointed out to you.

If you’ve done as claimed sign and move on BUT if you haven’t then don’t sign and ask for the alleged infringement to be checked.

I had an infringement for inadequate weekly rest which was blown out off the water by my diary, swipe in swipe out record and a plane ticket back to the UK when I was allegedly at work. Analysts are not infallible.

Had one that said i was over WTD by 2 mins got boss to blow up tacho and draw lines was infact 2 mins under. Had a few that said speed trace not returning to base line only on 3 out of 30 tacho’s mind told him to have a word as they seem to pick up on what they want to …

You are not trying to please a tacho analyst and whether your signature is on the report. It is VOSA who prosecute you, not the analysis firm or your boss.

Sign the form, accept the critisism and do something about it. I do understand that not every analyst knows what they are doing, but a second pair of eyes cannot harm you can it?

The only record you can be prosecuted on is the Tachograph with supporting evidence from weighbridge tickets, fuel receipts and gatehouse records.

Why would an employer want anyone to sign anything for 2 minutes over the WTD or driver hours regs.
The employer should ask himself, “Would the CPS make a case out of this?”.
If the answer is no then ignore it.
The problem is bosses who havn’t done the job.
Some are from the same college as the health and safety brigade.

Depends on your analysis firm know what their doing. The mob that do ours dont seem to have a clue and we have proved them wrong a couple of times this year.

Just sign it, nothing ever comes of it unless you are a very persistent naughty boy… :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

your all the same cant stick to the rules. give an inch you take a yard ,abuse of the wtd two minutes two year ban and retest on the silly wtd poa,s dont make me laugh

Sign it

but ask the question if I am doing it wrong what about training me to do it right
that’s if your company as training for WTD and Tacho

fuse:
your all the same cant stick to the rules. give an inch you take a yard ,abuse of the wtd two minutes two year ban and retest on the silly wtd poa,s dont make me laugh

And you point is… :question: :question: :question: In English please… :unamused:

limeyphil:
Why would an employer want anyone to sign anything for 2 minutes over the WTD or driver hours regs.

Thats very much not the case Phil. The employer would want you to sign to show he is doing his duty and monitoring your hours. The CPS would not need to make a case out of anything, a TC would just need to show that he WASN’T monitoring a drivers hours for him to be in trouble.
Drivers should also note the small print underneath where you sign (you should be given a copy), it will be along the lines of…we are duty bound to report any infringements…etc… Therefore it is important to check that any infringements that you ‘just sign’ are, actually, correct. It’s also important in the first place to try not to get any!!! :wink:

had the same argument with my boss over signing infringment notifications.
result was , I now sign

“without prejudice”

which I have been told by a solicitor friend virtually makes your signature worthless.
don’t really think that its important anyway, but always like to wind office wallahs up when given chance :laughing:

Mike-C:

limeyphil:

Thats very much not the case Phil. The employer would want you to sign to show he is doing his duty and monitoring your hours. The CPS would not need to make a case out of anything, a TC would just need to show that he WASN’T monitoring a drivers hours for him to be in trouble.
Drivers should also note the small print underneath where you sign (you should be given a copy), it will be along the lines of…we are duty bound to report any infringements…etc… Therefore it is important to check that any infringements that you ‘just sign’ are, actually, correct. It’s also important in the first place to try not to get any!!! :wink:

Thats why I wont sign unless i can check the chart
Plus companys can use it if they want to get rid of drivers by saying you keep having too many infringments bye

Let him without sin cast the first stone… :wink:

Smee:
Let him without sin cast the first stone… :wink:

I’ll probably be throwing the last stone then, but there’s nowt like being informed !! :wink: :wink:

Mike-C:

limeyphil:

If the transport manager wants to waste his and your time with a pety discrepancy, Then why get you to sign a bit of paper, He could just post it to you, Then you could be out doing the job that you’re paid for.

limeyphil:

Mike-C:

limeyphil:

If the transport manager wants to waste his and your time with a pety discrepancy, Then why get you to sign a bit of paper, He could just post it to you, Then you could be out doing the job that you’re paid for.

Yeah right Phil !! I think if i get to the point i can only converse with my employer by postal mail i’ll look for another job !!

fuse:

Welcome back :stuck_out_tongue: