tacho

hello all
i think i made a big bo bo on my tacho
i work for a council which run on tacho’s
they asked me to be a runner today taking lorrys to tip then back out to the others bin rounds then swap for there lorry.
first lorry was digital tacho
2 lorry was analogue tacho so put tacho in
3 lorry put new chart in
4 lorry put another tacho in this is a bo bo
i have never used analogue tacho did not realised i had to use 1 chart and wright on the back when i changed lorrys and put it back in
:blush: :blush: :blush: :blush:
i no now

Erm you dont. You use a fresh disc in each truck as far as I know

As far as I know too, you use a new chart in each lorry and just clip them all together, explaining on the back why this was the case.

While doing this however, you’re driving time still stands for that day, so if you done 2 and a half hours on the first lorry, 2 hours on the next and then got in and done another hour on a different lorry without a break then I think that’s where you could have picked up an infringement.

ALL tacho charts from the last 30 days need to kept and available at any given time for inspection.

forgot to say they run on domestic hour for bin lorrys
eu rule for trade
if i drive on trade eu rule for 1 day they say i have to stop on eu rule for 2 weeks?

You still need a fresh disc for each vehicle it only gives you room for one vehicle reg and mileage. Regardless which hours yiu work to you still use one disc one vehicle. If you drive 30 different trucks then you have 30 different tacho discs if they are analogue

1 chart is fine and its 28 days.

Page 31 onwards of THIS LINK

You can use a chart for up to 3 vehicles usually, write the new details on the back, stick it in, but watch the times on the tacho clocks so the traces don’t overwrite.

When I change from/to a digi vehicle, I write on the back "change to/from digi vehicle at in a similar way to the SOD & EOD lines.

You should use the back of the chart for additional vehicles, you can and should use one chart for up-to 4 vehicles.

cozzer1:
eu rule for trade
if i drive on trade eu rule for 1 day they say i have to stop on eu rule for 2 weeks?

As far as I’m aware you’re only on domestic rules if you’re doing to door collections which you wasn’t so I think you should have been on EU regulations.

You can drive to EU rules one day and domestic rules the next but in any week when you drive to EU regulations you must comply with the weekly rest requirement.

You don’t have to stay on EU regulations for a fortnight because you drive one day on EU regulations, whoever told you that doesn’t know what they’re talking about.

tachograph:
You should use the back of the chart for additional vehicles, you can and should use one chart for up-to 4 vehicles.

cozzer1:
eu rule for trade

As far as I’m aware you’re only on domestic rules if you’re doing to door collections which you wasn’t so I think you should have been on EU regulations.

You can drive to EU rules one day and domestic rules the next but in any week when you drive to EU regulations you must comply with the weekly rest requirement.

You can explain things so much better than me, I tend to use shorter explanations.

hello thanks
i bloke who told me is top man line manager? who told me he is the man in tacho laws
monday i was on trade eu rule 45min break
tues on domestic rule made me take a 45 mins break under eu rule? but out of scope?
weds as a runner with lorrys to tip and back had 45 min break used 3 charts my bo bo should have used 1 :cry: i no now
but he did tell me that i have to stop on eu rule for 2 weeks even if i am out of scope on domestic rule
getting a bit :confused:

cozzer1:
hello thanks
i bloke who told me is top man line manager? who told me he is the man in tacho laws
tues on domestic rule made me take a 45 mins break under eu rule? but out of scope?
weds as a runner with lorrys to tip and back had 45 min break used 3 charts my bo bo should have used 1 :cry: i no now
but he did tell me that i have to stop on eu rule for 2 weeks even if i am out of scope on domestic rule

Tell the top man line manager that Tachograph said he is a ■■■.

44 Tonne Ton:

cozzer1:
hello thanks

Tell the top man line manager that Tachograph and Bald Bloke said he is a ■■■.

Fixed it.

damion.p:
You still need a fresh disc for each vehicle it only gives you room for one vehicle reg and mileage. Regardless which hours yiu work to you still use one disc one vehicle. If you drive 30 different trucks then you have 30 different tacho discs if they are analogue

Sam Millar:
As far as I know too, you use a new chart in each lorry and just clip them all together, explaining on the back why this was the case.

Just to clear this one up, both the above are entirely wrong.
An analogue tachograph card is intended to record a 24 hour period of the driver’s duty,
regardless of how many different vehicles he might drive.

It is an offence to use more than one card for the same 24 hour period, unless the second
card finishes more than 24 hours after the first, this usually is the case, of course.

As stated, there are spaces for vehicle changes but a second card can only be used if all the
available spaces on the first are complete.

The use of more than one card in a 24 hour period, to cover that period only, costs 1500 euros in Spain
and, I believe, a similar sum in France.

Regards,
Nick.

Utter twaddle /\ /\ , nothing in law to say you can’t use more than one chart per working day when changing vehicle, nor that you must completely fill one chart first, before starting a new one. It makes sense to ensure that your whole working day is recorded with no gaps and you can produce those charts.

What happens then if I start my day in a vehicle that has a 125 kmh head and change to a vehicle that has a 180kmh head?

MADBAZ:
What happens then if I start my day in a vehicle that has a 125 kmh head and change to a vehicle that has a 180kmh head?

Much the same as if you start the day in an analogue equipped vehicle and the move to a digital one.
The card will need to match the recording device.
A different issue and I would hate to try to explain that in Spanish. :slight_smile:

Regards,
Nick.

ncooper:

damion.p:

Sam Millar:

Just to clear this one up, both the above are entirely wrong.
An analogue tachograph card is intended to record a 24 hour period of the driver’s duty,
regardless of how many different vehicles he might drive.

It is an offence to use more than one card for the same 24 hour period, unless the second
card finishes more than 24 hours after the first, this usually is the case, of course.

As stated, there are spaces for vehicle changes but a second card can only be used if all the
available spaces on the first are complete.

The use of more than one card in a 24 hour period, to cover that period only, costs 1500 euros in Spain
and, I believe, a similar sum in France.

Regards,
Nick.

You can’t remember the Veeder Root units then? Those with the 3 holes and a locating ring :wink:

Some units require different cards for different speed settings although most UK lorries use 125km/h

Wheelnut:
You can’t remember the Veeder Root units then? Those with the 3 holes and a locating ring :wink:

Yes, I do but the last one I saw was in a 1977 DAF. :smiley:

Regards,
Nick

MADBAZ:
Utter twaddle /\ /\ , nothing in law to say you can’t use more than one chart per working day when changing vehicle, nor that you must completely fill one chart first, before starting a new one. It makes sense to ensure that your whole working day is recorded with no gaps and you can produce those charts.

I stand by what I said.

Obviously, if the recording devices are not compatible, then a separate analogue card or driver’s card must be used.

However, it is not legal to randomly use a new card for each different vehicle where the devices are compatible.
It is not permitted to use a new card if a new period of duty is started which finishes within 24 hours of the beginning
of the first.

The record must be continuous unless there is a good reason why it cannot be.

Clearly you have had no dealings with the Guardia Civil. :slight_smile:

Regards,
Nick.

The interesting thing here is the difference in enforcement policy between us and certain other EU member states. What the OP has done, in the UK, would never attract a penalty as it gives a clear, rational record of the driver activities. And, of course, we have the major benefit of being able to explain our actions in our own language. VOSA has a policy of “education” rather than persecution. They get really turned on at the thought of any fraud - and correctly so. They’re really not interested in this type of thing - provided it all makes sense.

But, as already pointed out, get to France, Spain and other countries that I have had experience in, and they are more rigid in their application of the requirements. The same folk will fine you for sneezing or having a scratch whilst driving!That’s the nice way of putting it!

So, IMO, the OP really has nothing to worry about but should be made aware of the ability to use the same chart for the whole shift - wherever physically possible. Pete :laughing: :laughing:

whilst on subject ::::

Monday had to change veh as brakes went on first so took analogue tacho out of first veh and put in second recording new veh details on back , now i know I put the chart in correctly but the second half of my reading has come out in the early hours of the morning , all the times are a complete mirror of afternoon so eg 1300 has come out at 0100 hrs so i have a chart with first veh starting at 0730 and the second veh recording from instead of 1145 …2345 im still wondering what to do or write on it , the gaffer took a photocopy and told me not to worry he knows what I have worked and if stopped just explain but i still think I have to write something on back just dont know what , any suggestions , :::

:confused: jen x