tacho rules ???

Could you please confirm if this is ok or not as I have been told by another driver that I am not supposed to do this :

What I have been doing is : Drive for 3hrs then take a 15 min break, drive for a further 1 hr 30 mins, then take a 30 min break.

The other driver has told me that if I split my driving time with a 15 min break within it that I then have to take the other 30 mins break within the scheduled 4hrs 30 driving time; - which I take it to mean that if I drove for 3hrs, then took the 15min break, then I would only be able to drive for a further 1 hr before I had to take the remaining 30 mins ■■?

I always thought I was correct on my drivers hours ect but since he has told me this I am now questioning myself !!

Thanks

What your doing is fine, as long as your total drive time doesnt excede 4.5 hrs your okay. But make sure you always take 15mins first and 30 mins later, doing it the other way round is incorrect and will incur a tacho infringement.

Tosh01:
The other driver has told me that if I split my driving time with a 15 min break within it that I then have to take the other 30 mins break within the scheduled 4hrs 30 driving time;

Ask him to show you the regulation that says that ? :wink:

From 561/2006

Article 7
After a driving period of four and a half hours a driver shall take an uninterrupted break of not less than 45 minutes, unless he takes a rest period.
This break may be replaced by a break of at least 15 minutes followed by a break of at least 30 minutes each distributed over the period in such a way as to comply with the provisions of the first paragraph.

Thanks for your replies

No problem with that fella
3hrs drive 15 min break 1.30 drive 30min break restarts the clock

Rather than start a new thread, this one seems approprate

I am having a dissagreement with the office over whether this is legal or not. The hours guard lets me so I am guessing yes.

Drive 1 hour
break 15 min
drive 3 hour
break 30 min…thereby resetting the clock
drive 3 hours
break 15 mins
drive 1 hour
Fin

This is a simplistic example.

Am I legal or have I missinterpretted the regs

before the houlier than thou clan jump in, 90% of my driving work up to now has been domestic hours on service buses

Semtex:
Drive 1 hour
break 15 min
drive 3 hour
drive 3 hours
break 15 mins
drive 1 hour
Fin

LEGAL :smiley: :smiley: :smiley:

ROG:

Semtex:
Drive 1 hour
break 15 min
drive 3 hour
drive 3 hours
break 15 mins
drive 1 hour
Fin

As I thought!!! the office are trying to give me an ifringement by saying there is only 30 min break in 6 hours driving after the first break has finished. (see the highlighted bits)

Semtex:
the office are trying to give me an ifringement by saying there is only 30 min break in 6 hours driving after the first break has finished.

I knew that was coming :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

Well, they are the bosses so they MUST be right… mustn’t they :wink:

I won’t know for definate untill I get back on Friday/Sat, but that is the impression I get that they are saying. I will be demanding to see the discs (2 of)

I just wanted to double check before I go in all guns blazing

Go in balzing with THIS - page 13 of the PDF but 16 of 57 when at 100%

A driver ‘wipes the slate clean’ if he takes a 45-minute break (or qualifying breaks totalling 45 minutes) before or at the end of a 4.5-hour driving period. This means that the next 4.5-hour period begins with the completion of that qualifying break, and in assessing break requirements for the new 4.5-hour period, no reference is to be made to driving time accumulated before this point. For example:

It has a legal diagram of what you did :smiley: :smiley: :smiley:

Semtex:

ROG:

Semtex:
Drive 1 hour
break 15 min
drive 3 hour
drive 3 hours
break 15 mins
drive 1 hour
Fin

As I thought!!! the office are trying to give me an ifringement by saying there is only 30 min break in 6 hours driving after the first break has finished. (see the highlighted bits)

:laughing: :laughing:

I hope Coffeeholic won’t mind me using his saying but … tell the office bod he/she is an idiot :wink:

ROG:
Go in balzing with THIS - page 13 of the PDF but 16 of 57 when at 100%

A driver ‘wipes the slate clean’ if he takes a 45-minute break (or qualifying breaks totalling 45 minutes) before or at the end of a 4.5-hour driving period. This means that the next 4.5-hour period begins with the completion of that qualifying break, and in assessing break requirements for the new 4.5-hour period, no reference is to be made to driving time accumulated before this point. For example:

It has a legal diagram of what you did :smiley: :smiley: :smiley:

Thanks Rog, just what i need (duly downloaded to the lappy)

tachograph:

Semtex:

ROG:

Semtex:
Drive 1 hour
break 15 min
drive 3 hour
drive 3 hours
break 15 mins
drive 1 hour
Fin

I hope Coffeeholic won’t mind me using his saying but … tell the office bod he/she is an idiot :wink:

Exactly what I intend to do…politely of course, there aint that many jobs down here :smiley:

tachograph:

Semtex:

ROG:

Semtex:
Drive 1 hour
break 15 min
drive 3 hour
drive 3 hours
break 15 mins
drive 1 hour
Fin

Not at all, we need to beat these people down. :wink: :stuck_out_tongue:

Semtex:
As I thought!!! the office are trying to give me an ifringement by saying there is only 30 min break in 6 hours driving after the first break has finished.

Tell them 6 hours is nothing, it’s possible to legally have only 30 minutes break in 8 hours 59 minutes driving. In fact just for the hell of it I’d do that one day and see their reaction, but maybe that’s just me.

coffeeholic, I found THIS in VOSA GV262

but could not find it in 561/2006 - is it in there ?

ROG:
I found THIS in VOSA GV262

Read article 4 (q) then article 7 and you’ll find it all there but not in the same words :wink:

ROG:
coffeeholic, I found THIS in VOSA GV262

Yep, as Tachograph says it is in there but the GV262 guidebook has simplified it. Every thing in GV262 is also in all of the various regulations it is a guide to.

Thank you t & c :smiley: