Tacho question

We have just been told that although we have a digi card and we download it every Monday,we now also have to fill in the disc anologue tacho aswell stating name date,reg but were the mileage goes we have to write ‘on digi card’ and hand them in every week also.Transport have said this is a legal requirement.Surely not,wasting tachos and messing around…please tell me this is a dream and that it’s all nonsense.Thanks.

Sounds a load of nonsense to me mate.

Believe NFT does this also…if it’s only once a week…just do it and keep them happy…whether it’s ■■■■■■■■ or not :smiley:

in the words of coffeeholic your transport office are being complete idiots. do people just make these things up over a smoke and a coffee or what?

there is absolutely no requirement to fill out a analogue disc if you are using a digi truck, as long as you are making the correct manual entries at the start of the shift. it is a stupid idea,

unless they mean for days you are not working in the wagons (do you occasionally do van or yard work or anything like that?), but then again you wouldnt write on it “digicard”

what a complete waste of money and time. tell them they need to get a reality check and that they need to get a grip on it as they are making things up!

tell your TM he is a prize ■■■■ for this idea!

FH12Volvo:
Transport have said this is a legal requirement.

This is the easiest question that’s been on here for a while…

Just ask them to show you this “legal requirement,” then put a reference to it on here and we’ll look it up for you.

Until that happens, it’s either nonsense or a wind-up. :grimacing:

“Transport” should have a warning on their door:- This office may contain nuts. :laughing: :laughing: :smiley:

Postby SuperSmiley » Thu Jan 14, 2010 1:14 pm
Believe NFT does this also…if it’s only once a week…just do it and keep them happy…whether it’s [zb]

No…they want you to fill out one for every day.even though your using your digi card,so you have to hand in 7 the other 2 with rest day written on them…crazzzzzy.

Yes Lee totally agree

“Transport” should have a warning on their door:- This office may contain nuts. :laughing: :lol

and Dave never a true word spoken…spot on.

another tm trying to impress i think

Simple answer; this is not a legal requirement and never has been.

If you are doing something eg yard work, when you cannot put your digi card in a VU to record the activity at the time, the ONLY legal way of making a record of those activities is to use the ‘manual input facility’ when you next insert the card into a VU.

If it keeps your idiot of a TM happy go along with it. Imagine what is going to happen when the accounts department find out there has been unnecessary expenditure. :smiley:

Yeah geebee45 I use the manual option sometimes like you said and yep the accounts dept will be more than happy with the amount of tacho costs,what next…? do you draw a smiley face on them then they will know if you had a good day or bad one. :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :stuck_out_tongue: :stuck_out_tongue:

Presumably your transport manager has a boss,make him aware that the transport manger is ignorant of the regulations and that his ignorance is costing the company money.It would be particularly annoying if you had previously not got a rise because of cost cutting.Just think,because someone has created an extra layer of red tape, then someone is getting paid to administer it.

Iv also heard that its illegal not to have a digi tacho card. So say your company has only anologue trucks you still need to have a digi card as its the law… cods wallop im thinking as well…

acceptme:
Iv also heard that its illegal not to have a digi tacho card. So say your company has only anologue trucks you still need to have a digi card as its the law… cods wallop im thinking as well…

you do not require a digital driver card if you only run analogue but if your firm as to hire a truck that as a digital tachograph and if you do not have one you can not legally drive the truck , so my advise it to get one also once you have one you must carry it with you all the time you driving regardless of type of tachograph fitted

delboytwo:

acceptme:

you do not require a digital driver card if you only run analogue but if your firm as to hire a truck that as a digital tachograph and if you do not have one you can not legally drive the truck , so my advise it to get one also once you have one you must carry it with you all the time you driving regardless of type of tachograph fitted

yeh i know that… this bloke was adiment that it wasnt the case though… and wouldnt listen to some1 younger then him…

FH12Volvo:
We have just been told that although we have a digi card and we download it every Monday,we now also have to fill in the disc anologue tacho aswell stating name date,reg but were the mileage goes we have to write ‘on digi card’ and hand them in every week also.Transport have said this is a legal requirement.Surely not,wasting tachos and messing around…please tell me this is a dream and that it’s all nonsense.Thanks.

Yet another company with clueless morons running the traffic office. Mate had a big row with his who said he could drive after a 36hr weekly rest even though he only took 24hr last week. According to them, 36hrs is a normal weekly rest period.

the company i work for require tachos filled in for weekly rest days(not a legal requirement?)
they say that as they are required by law to keep a check on hours worked for the wtd/rtd they need us to declare we have done no other work on our rest days by filling in tachos(which it is illegal to falsify).

SuperSmiley:
Believe NFT does this also…if it’s only once a week…just do it and keep them happy…whether it’s [zb] or not :smiley:

NFT make you do 1 every sunday or first shift after with your start and end of weekly rest on it and download your card and keep them with your time sheet and take a copy of both parts of your driving licence

even if you been in there all week or in saturday you still have to do it sunday

geebee45:
Simple answer; this is not a legal requirement and never has been.

If you are doing something eg yard work, when you cannot put your digi card in a VU to record the activity at the time, the ONLY legal way of making a record of those activities is to use the ‘manual input facility’ when you next insert the card into a VU.

There is nothing to stop you making a manual trace on an analogue chart to record these activities, I do this every day I don’t occasion to drive a digi-truck. If I do other work for two hours, then take a digi vehicle down to the workshops (hour round trip) I make all the manual entries when I put the card in, but if I spend the rest of the day in the yard I fill in an analogue chart with the edr line, then another line where I pulled the card and put “digi” on the chart and then do manual trace to account for the rest of the day. I’m told once we have a full digi fleet there will be a way of using the office computer to input manual entries to the card but I have no clue as to the truth of that.

once again company policy is dressed up as
THE LAW

xamtex:
the company i work for require tachos filled in for weekly rest days(not a legal requirement?)
they say that as they are required by law to keep a check on hours worked for the wtd/rtd they need us to declare we have done no other work on our rest days by filling in tachos(which it is illegal to falsify).

Any of you lads remember back a few years when an O/D was in the brown stuff for spending all day Sunday washing and polishing his pride and joy? He was told that to constitute weekend rest, he was not allowed to do anything related to his truck or business, not even replace a light buld or do his paperwork and if he did, he was not actually having his weekend rest.
Now if that is still the case, when are you supposed to fill in a tacho card for the day you don’t work? If you do it on the actual days, you are interrupting the weekend rest and if you do it on the Monday but put Sat and Sundays date on them, your are falsifying a record.
Petty? Yes, but aren’t they when they nail you for 3 minutes and empty your wallet for it, so if the rules to the absolute letter are good enough for them…