Tacho not registering rest period

hi,
Firstly, In my understanding, I can reduce my daily rest down to 9 hours 3 times between 2 weekly rest periods, is this true??

If so why on earth is my tacho showing that I’ve been driving for 11 and a half hours without a rest period??
I was off weds and Thursday and did 2 14 hour shifts Fri, and sat. I started a little earlier this morning but still had 9hrs 34 mins rest between card coming out and going back in. but for some reason my daily driving hours haven’t reset??

Am I in trouble?? Lol

thanks.

are you playing around and trying
to do manual entries

any 13+ shift is a 9

It take it that you checked that you pressed the button and looked at the symbol on the lcd to see that it was showing rest before you took the card out.If it was showing then do printouts and write on what has happened then get it looked at fast

hitch:
are you playing around and trying
to do manual entries

any 13+ shift is a 9

No manual entries, this is my 3rd shift since rest period so have only done 2 reduced rest periods including the 9.34 hr last night.

First question answer is yes, second question I bet it’s a new unit with new type tacho and you didn’t do manual entry right for your overnight rest period, third question answer is probably not really but find out what you’ve done wrong and explain it on a printout.

Yea, its new type unit that asks rest till now when you insert card. I’m sure I pressed yes as that’s the default option. must not have though. did print out which shows the rest period, due to start times and UTC times had to print out yesterday’s too.

It shows it as rest on print out,

So if you’re saying that it’s showing you’re 9 hrs 34 min rest on the printout then I can only assume there’s a fault there somewhere.

bald bloke:
So if you’re saying that it’s showing you’re 9 hrs 34 min rest on the printout then I can only assume there’s a fault there somewhere.

I don’t know what’s happened, but its certainly confused me. the unit now says my driving time today is 13 hours. but printout says 4.30 hours. somethings not right.

haribo4000:

bald bloke:

I don’t know what’s happened, but its certainly confused me. the unit now says my driving time today is 13 hours. but printout says 4.30 hours. somethings not right.

My guess is that you didn’t manualy enter daily rest period correctly, if tacho doesn’t think you have had a rest it will then add 2 or more days driving time together until you next tell it you are taking a daily rest

green456:

haribo4000:

bald bloke:

My guess is that you didn’t manualy enter daily rest period correctly, if tacho doesn’t think you have had a rest it will then add 2 or more days driving time together until you next tell it you are taking a daily rest

but the printout shows the rest has been taken. that’s what has confused me. just don’t want an infringement for insufficient rest.

How much daily rest is showing on the printouts ?

How much daily driving time does the printout show for the shifts ?

haribo4000:
due to start times and UTC times had to print out yesterday’s too

I’m not sure what you mean by this, did you put the start times in using UTC time or local time ? :confused:

There’s only one thing to do and that’s scan the printouts onto here, cover up anything you don’t want us to see then we will get to the bottom of it.

Well printouts were all fine at end of day, just the unit that was showing 17 hours driving. so im not worried now.

Thanks for your replies :smiley:

17 hours driving, some companies would love to have you on board.

If the tachograph really is faulty it should be defected so it can be fixed.

haribo4000:
Yea, its new type unit that asks rest till now when you insert card. I’m sure I pressed yes as that’s the default option. must not have though. did print out which shows the rest period, due to start times and UTC times had to print out yesterday’s too.

no on the new tacho,youve got to put NO when it asks you if you were on rest,it will then ask you manual entry etc,etc alot have got caught out by that,i did,it makes sense to say yes,but if you want to input manual entries you must put NO to begin with,assume this is the 10/60 reg scanias with latest digis in

tachograph:
If the tachograph really is faulty it should be defected so it can be fixed.

nothing wrong with this one tacho,hes just inputting his manual entries wrong,had to show a few new starters of late,on the new one you have to say NO to rest,not YES,then follow instructions,the rest is simple.

haribo4000:
It shows it as rest on print out,

when ever ive inputted a manual entry,rest commes up as question mark against the time,if youve got a rest symbol i think your not doing your manual entries correctly,get martin wardell down to look at it for you,thats his job driver trainer,as i say if its a new digi you need to start with NO

haribo4000:

you do know you can check all your driving duties for the day by using the display option when it asks print/display,no need to keep using loads of print paper,its once in a blue moon i do a printout