Tacho help plz guys

So took a break this morning for 32 mins then another 18 min one what should of made my 45 min break yeh? But machine didn’t count the second break so I’m sat waiting on it now :-/
Explain this tacho reading boys

A split break of 30 mins followed by a 15 is not legal.

A 15 followed by a 30 is legal and would have wiped the slate.

^^^^^ this. Many years ago what you did was legal. Not in this brave new world order we have now though.

Has to be at least 15 minutes followed by at least 30. Not the other way round.

In other words, your second break has to be at least 30 minutes even if your first was 44.

:open_mouth:

Yep cheers guys I did 2 30 min breaks thought I could do either way. Thought tacho was ■■■■■■ :-/ I know for next time

This is childs stuff. This rule has been in place for years now. Have you not done your DCPC? :confused:

Rich The Stag:
This is childs stuff. This rule has been in place for years now. Have you not done your DCPC? :confused:

+1

I can’t argue that the DCPC is a waste of time whilst posts like this keep popping up :blush:

bigtanker198:
So took a break this morning for 32 mins then another 18 min one what should of made my 45 min break yeh? But machine didn’t count the second break so I’m sat waiting on it now :-/ Explain this tacho reading boys 0

you had a 32 min break denoted by two THICK lines! :laughing: You drove 4h 24 mins, :sunglasses: your fortnightly driving at that time is 30 h 11 mins denoted by two THIN lines :wink: and once you’ve waited 6 or more mins :smiley: you can crack on to Macon! :grimacing: :grimacing: :grimacing: :grimacing: :grimacing: 15 mins first, followed by 30 mins is now LEGAL! :sunglasses:

trubster:

Rich The Stag:

+1

I can’t argue that the DCPC is a waste of time whilst posts like this keep popping up :blush:

^^^ How true…the basics, should be well in place these days.

trubster:

Rich The Stag:

+1

Think that as its a main part of our work it should become part of a basic pass or fail part of the test BASIC DRIVERS HOURS REGS

Tacho help? RTFM!! Jeez, there is no excuse for not knowing this…

Cant believe there are drivers that don’t know basic tacho rules & regs.
This has been law for about 10 yrs !

why is that tacho machine showing what seems to be the driver in 2 activites at once? I’ve only used 1 digi tacho machine and it didn’t look like that.

Danny_b:
why is that tacho machine showing what seems to be the driver in 2 activites at once? I’ve only used 1 digi tacho machine and it didn’t look like that.

1. is amount of driving
  2. is total driving that week
    3.total break/rest taken during 1st drive.
    4.total time current activity - rest / break

TTX boy:
Cant believe there are drivers that don’t know basic tacho rules & regs.
This has been law for about 10 yrs !

Only 7 years in fact. The Regs changed on 11th April 2007 - Before that it was OK to split your break up however you liked, as long as each part was at least 15 minutes :slight_smile:

nick2008:

Danny_b:

1. is amount of driving
  2. is total driving that week
    3.total break/rest taken during 1st drive.
    4.total time current activity - rest / break

cheers. my digi card has only been out my wallet once since getting it. It’s all anol tacho’s I get in the tippers.

Danny_b:

The display in the pic is brought up by pressing the down arrow on the digi unit, it tells you the following

I Drive since last break---------Counted break---------------------------------I
I 2 Week driving total-----------Current activity and time in that state------I
I-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

On the older units, it would have shown up the counted break was over 45 minutes, but this is a newer unit which will not count the time on break or poa until it is at least 15 minutes for the first break and 30 minutes for the 2nd

The newer units still class POA as break but the UK regs does not allow POA as break - this exists because all of mainland europe counts POA and break as break

The law requires you to understand and comply with tacho regulations, not try to… you should fully understand the basics of eu & domestic rules before earning professionally.

but yes, 15 x 15 x 15 is NOT legal, a 30 x 15 is NOT legal - a 15 x 30 or a full 45 would.see you right. Dont forget to keep an eye on your WTD if you are a part of this, however, your driving hours will always superceed this.

Good man for having 2 extra minutes on the breaks, - Ive known them to not count before amd had to break again!

bodycarelad:
Good man for having 2 extra minutes on the breaks, - Ive known them to not count before amd had to break again!

They always count if you check that display, ie. if that display in the top pic says 45, that is 45.

if you look at the first screen (default) and it says 12:00 and you flick it on to break, and drive off at 12:45, that may not count as on the older VU’s, any driving in the minute at 12:00 will see the whole minute be classed as driving, so the break will not start until 12:01

Either way, I make sure I have around 48 - 50 mins anyway.

Cuting it a bit fine at 4:24 aren’t we :smiley:

I all ways do the 2 extra mins… And no ones perfect guys I made a mistake and I’ve now learn what way round the brakes have to be too I thought it was either. Rather than getting on your high horses try help ppl, that’s the point of having a forum, I didn’t go over my drive tine I just had to take my 30 min break again.ive got my dcpc yeh so it’s one thing off it I didn’t learn or remember from it,