Tacho help plz guys

And yeh trubster had to find parking quick ha ha

trubster:

bodycarelad:
Good man for having 2 extra minutes on the breaks, - Ive known them to not count before amd had to break again!

They always count if you check that display, ie. if that display in the top pic says 45, that is 45.

if you look at the first screen (default) and it says 12:00 and you flick it on to break, and drive off at 12:45, that may not count as on the older VU’s, any driving in the minute at 12:00 will see the whole minute be classed as driving, so the break will not start until 12:01

Either way, I make sure I have around 48 - 50 mins anyway.

Cuting it a bit fine at 4:24 aren’t we :smiley:

not if you’ve had poa in there somewhere :wink: :wink:

Basic stuff,you should read the relevant paperwork when its given to you instead of binning it

I’m not having a pop at the OP, as I think it’s better to ask and learn. But consider this…

Years back I believe you got a little card book about EU rules when you passed class 2. Now thanks to ‘progress’ you get a leaflet about EcoSafe Driving…all well and good but possibly not the top priority…

So why don’t they give out a DVD to people with their first digicard, and with a driver card? A quick demo of using a digital tacho (at least the basics) and explaining at least daily driving times, breaks, daily rest periods and fortnightly limits. That would catch new drivers and old hands alike. ok, I’ll get my coat…

th2013:
I’m not having a pop at the OP, as I think it’s better to ask and learn. But consider this…

Years back I believe you got a little card book about EU rules when you passed class 2. Now thanks to ‘progress’ you get a leaflet about EcoSafe Driving…all well and good but possibly not the top priority…

So why don’t they give out a DVD to people with their first digicard, and with a driver card? A quick demo of using a digital tacho (at least the basics) and explaining at least daily driving times, breaks, daily rest periods and fortnightly limits. That would catch new drivers and old hands alike. ok, I’ll get my coat…

Ive always said it should be a basic

must know test

It’s actually not surprising for somebody not to know the regs…

I did my class 2 early last year and not once was anything regarding tacho law mentioned.

At no point was tacho law mentioned in the initial CPC module, nor on the practical CPC test.

I only learnt the regs by Googling various resources in my own time at home.

nick2008:

trubster:
Cuting it a bit fine at 4:24 aren’t we :smiley:

not if you’ve had poa in there somewhere :wink: :wink:

Errrr … all the POA in the world won’t alter the fact that he’s done 4 hours and 24 minutes of driving.