TACHO HELP! Please!

drove for 3 1/2 hours stopped to unload took 4 hours. when I stopped I put my duties down as other work not knowing that I was going to be there for that length of time… question is added up over 6 hours without break… how do I mark my tacho when I didn’t have access as receiver had my keys… also after 6 hours how much of a break am I required to have… appreciate any help someone may give me… many thanks!!!

After 6 hours work, driving and other work combined, you need a minimum of 15 minutes break for the WTD. For the tacho rules you did not require a break until you had done another 60 minutes driving.

Where you assisting with the unloading? If not you could have just put your mode switch to break or POA. Break would have several advantages. It would have covered you for the WTD at that point, wiped the driving time counter clean leaving you with a full 4.5 hours driving before another tacho break is required and it would also qualify as part of a split daily rest and you could have taken 9 hours at the end of the shift without it counting as a reduced daily rest.

If you had put it on POA it would have been er…, erm…, I can’t actually think of a good reason for putting it on POA and as it happens, having re-read your post you couldn’t actually put it on POA as you didn’t know how long you were going to be.

I wouldn’t worry about writing anything on the tacho as long as you did take a break before exceeding 4.5 hours driving, personally I wouldn’t be writing anything for WTD ‘infringements’.

Thanks so much for all your help… I am always struggling with this tach… hopefully some day will get it all down… have to self teach myself…

You could go to your local Vosa testing station a pick up a free copy

"Rules in Drivers Hours and Tachographs " Good Vehicles in the UK and Europe

Have a list of all as they gave me a copy ( already had ) when I passed my test if you want your nearest with phone number let me know

animal:
You could go to your local Vosa testing station a pick up a free copy

"Rules in Drivers Hours and Tachographs " Good Vehicles in the UK and Europe

Have a list of all as they gave me a copy ( already had ) when I passed my test if you want your nearest with phone number let me know

I have three books on the Tacho inc WTD and I still can’t get my head around it. I’ve bought that Drivers Hour Guard so that can tell me what to do when I start work. :blush: :unamused: :smiley:

I think it’s great when you guys can just reel off what you need to do, one day I’ll be able to do that. :stuck_out_tongue: