Tacho Fraud

The only way to stop tacho fraud is to make it financially unviable to get caught, although I am at a loss as to why any driver would WANT to work mega shifts. Any driver who HAS to work mega shifts should be looking for another job.

muckles:
As others have said people always have and always will try and cheat the system. Not sure how big the fines would have to be, I assume these systems are being found round Europe, but the eye watering fines we hear of in some places don’t seem to be a deterrent.

I like the idea of not allowing them to deliver the load, maybe instead of getting them to send it back, the customer gets a phone call saying that the load will not be delivered on that truck and they must arrange for the load to be trans-shipped onto another hauliers truck. Obviously the first thing to customer will do is call the operator and fire some [zb]'s into them, refuse to pay the costs and tell them to sort it out.

Also the haulier can’t hide what’s happened from the customer and the customer might think twice before using them again regardless of price.

You seriously think a bent operator who can’t deliver his load is going to pay someone else to tranship and redeliver it ?
It will be delivered to the Jungle in Calais on a take what you can carry basis while they look for their next customer to rip off .