Tacho Fraud

The drivers should be put in prison and banned from driving in the uk again! Why are we not more strict with these things? It’s not aloud it’s wrong the driver understands it’s wrong but believes they are better than the law and will do it anyway! It’s not like just driving 5 mins over your time once or twice a year it’s full on going out and intending to break the law

I personally would not want to drive over my hours enough is enough!!! The people you feel for are the people who lose family and friends in a accident which involves someone braking the law like this! Thanx to the guy who thinks he is better than the law it leaves people growing up losing mums, dads children friends and lots more!

Lock them up for a long time!

I don’t understand why they use all of these hi-tech gadgets though? Can’t beat the old ‘shove a kit Kat in the slot’ method. Let the melted chocolate over ride it.

ajt:
Anyone would think running bent was a shock.
You old guys often boast about the ‘‘glory days’’ using analogue charts just when it suited :laughing: - there is no difference here other than its advanced technology doing the messing.

Lots of us didn’t run bent, indeed having a max 12.5 hour working day was brill.

Was talking to a Romanian “Taliban” the other day with good English.
He informed me these “black boxes” are made by a company near Budapest Hungary and their use by Hungarian/Romanian hauliers who “run local” are of epidemic proportions!!!
They cost approx £150 and are so advanced if you drive past VOSA etc when on “rest” and think your getting a tug press a bottom on REMOTE CONTROL and digi-head unit/card reverts back to say you’ve been driving past 50mins!!![emoji52]

Sent from my SM-J500FN using Tapatalk

Its obvious that the cheats will always find new ways.

Seems DVSA are focusing heavily on the Romanian trucks etc which is no bad thing as they’ll kill people on our roads eventually with that behaviour.

Agree with all on the increase in fines, should be at least ten times what they are just now. Thats a bit of a laughing stock and if in the reverse situation a uk truck abroad would get a much heavier fine!

What’s the track record of VOSA actually getting the fines they impose PAID by the foreign truckers who probably chuck them all in the bin, and rotate off UK runs from their home country for a while until the fuss dies down…?

Winseer:
What’s the track record of VOSA actually getting the fines they impose PAID by the foreign truckers who probably chuck them all in the bin, and rotate off UK runs from their home country for a while until the fuss dies down…?

If the driver is not on a UK driving licence then the fine has to be paid before the vehicle will be released, if the driver has a UK licence then he has 28 days to pay

Big Truck:
He informed me these “black boxes” are made by a company near Budapest Hungary and their use by Hungarian/Romanian hauliers who “run local” are of epidemic proportions!!!
They cost approx £150 and are so advanced if you drive past VOSA etc when on “rest” and think your getting a tug press a bottom on REMOTE CONTROL and digi-head unit/card reverts back to say you’ve been driving past 50mins!!![emoji52]

Hmm yeah right and you believe that :unamused: :unamused:

nick2008:

Big Truck:

Hmm yeah right and you believe that :unamused: :unamused:

I certainly do!!!

You never heard the term:
“on the wire”■■?
Some boys have it working off “setting2” on the cab fan blower and that is FACT!!![emoji52]

I’m on about the last bit of 50 min.

And the wire was anywhere I’ve known it to be anything even the cigarette lighter being plugged in or out.

mazzer:

Winseer:

If the driver is not on a UK driving licence then the fine has to be paid before the vehicle will be released, if the driver has a UK licence then he has 28 days to pay

recently saw a foreiner chained up at a Vosa station :smiley:

the lorry of course!

Guys I’m a traffic cop who deals with HGVs all day long, and No I’m not Angus.

DVSA are bound by their policies hence the likes of £580.

Wednesday we had a magnet job in, Fined £980 by police, £180 DVSA for defective parking brake and £155 for repairs before he would be released.

We have means to notify the relevant countries traffic authorities but if they take any action I don’t know.

We know we are scratching the surface, and we work hard to keep the cowboys off the road, trouble is some forces now have no fulltime HGV / Commercial vehicle units due to cut backs.

This week we stopped 100 vehicles, 148 offences, Total fines £12,250 not counting outstanding fines/civil penalties owed to UK Border Force for bringing illegals into the UK.

less than 5% of what I stop is UK registered, as we know who to look at plus DVSA look at UK hauliers more.

Sent from my PLK-L01 using Tapatalk

nick2008:

And the wire was anywhere I’ve known it to be anything even the cigarette lighter being plugged in or out.

Maybe pushing it somewhat but it may well be possible as a “whizzkid” could near do anything nowadays with high-tech gizmo’s!!!

As others have said people always have and always will try and cheat the system. Not sure how big the fines would have to be, I assume these systems are being found round Europe, but the eye watering fines we hear of in some places don’t seem to be a deterrent.

I like the idea of not allowing them to deliver the load, maybe instead of getting them to send it back, the customer gets a phone call saying that the load will not be delivered on that truck and they must arrange for the load to be trans-shipped onto another hauliers truck. Obviously the first thing to customer will do is call the operator and fire some [zb]'s into them, refuse to pay the costs and tell them to sort it out.

Also the haulier can’t hide what’s happened from the customer and the customer might think twice before using them again regardless of price.

Big Truck:

nick2008:

Maybe pushing it somewhat but it may well be possible as a “whizzkid” could near do anything nowadays with high-tech gizmo’s!!!

If they are going through the obd to interrupt the taco then it is obviously a lot more advanced than jamming a paper clip in the head or using a magnet. I would say that it is possible that it is advanced enough to add 50 mins driving time to the card

I used to work in I.T and one role of mine was what is called a ‘Pen tester’, where I would basically look for security and general software flaws in various operating systems and even the most robust software can have it’s flaws… as digi tacho’s run on a basic software base, I don’t imagine for a minute it’s that difficult to manipulate it as it uses standard protocols and not bespoke code.

You never heard the term:
“on the wire”■■?
Some boys have it working off “setting2” on the cab fan blower and that is FACT!!![emoji52]

[/quote]
there is of course the happy button option down the side of the gear lever behind the rubber cover that was popular wth fergals cowboy outfit before he got bankrupted for running kat litter diesel…how sad… :smiley:

What’s wrong with these people are 15 hour days, and 10 hour drives not enough for them ffs.
I don’t believe all culprits are foreigners either, there are still a few unscrupulous UK hauliers around that have been lucky enough not to be caught, and think they are fireproof the longer that they avoid it.
Just a couple of years ago a firm about 10 mile from me were caught, and their drivers jailed.
Any driver who is willing to risk their livliehood and freedom, not to mention the potential dangerous effects that are associated with electronic interference on ABS and the like, must be mentally challenged imo, and should be put off the road for a long time, and in some cases permanently…for their own good.
If you feel the need to, or are told to do this sort of stuff to make a decent wage, there is a message there somewhere. :bulb: …unfortunately some are as thick as pig ■■■■, so are incapable of working out just what that message is, so they go along with it. :unamused:

caledoniandream:
And sometimes a driver would cheat to get to the right parking and have a weekend partying in Llorett de Mar :sunglasses: :sunglasses: :sunglasses:

used to park right up the top :grimacing: and PARTY. :sunglasses:

Fatboy slimslow:

caledoniandream:
And sometimes a driver would cheat to get to the right parking and have a weekend partying in Llorett de Mar :sunglasses: :sunglasses: :sunglasses:

used to park right up the top :grimacing: and PARTY. :sunglasses:

Yeh ok, fair enough, my opinions change in those circumstances. :laughing: