tacho charts

I am just brushing up on my drivers hours knowledge , giving myself a headache allready, I think this is maybe the most stupid question ever so I apologise in advance . when you are out tramping do you use a new tacho disc for each 24 hour period , say for example if I do the maximum 10 hrs driving time, and then park up for the night, do I take the tacho out then, or does it stay in until the following morning when I put a new one in. I only ask because I’m newly passed class1 and I have a interview tommorow , I 've been told by a couple of the drivers there that are very keen to test your tacho knowledge at interview stage, also is there anything else I should be wary of, I know the basics regarding hours and breaks etc. Just worried that they will catch me out with something IO wasn’t expecting. cheers

Put it this way.

If you had just worked a 15 hour day, and were taking an 11 hour Daily Rest, would you really want to set your alarm so as to wake up early just to swap charts?

In fact, there is nothing to prevent you inserting a new chart at the commencement of your Daily Rest and then either, inserting another at the commencement of Work, or 24 hours after the Daily Rest commenced.

Provided any chart is not left in more than 24 hours, as many or as few as you can justify is perfectly acceptable.

And you’re not likely to be asked questions that DEEP.

Krankee:
If you had just worked a 15 hour day, and were taking an 11 hour Daily Rest, would you really want to set your alarm so as to wake up early just to swap charts?

Can I just point out, as this is the newbie forum and in an attempt to avoid confusion, if you have done a 15 hour day you cannot take an 11 hour rest as far as the tacho regs go. You might not start work again for 11 hours but it would be a reduced 9 hour rest, unless doing a split rest.

True. :blush: :blush:

Unless of course you are a German and have to interupt your weekly rest to drive to the truck park and change your tacho :wink:

Wheel Nut:
Unless of course you are a German and have to interupt your weekly rest to drive to the truck park and change your tacho :wink:

Or a Dutch driver that runs out of hours ‘on site’ at Asda Lutterworth and is refused permission to park up overnight. :angry:

And this despite a letter printed in T&D a few years ago, from the Company owning Magna Park, to the effect that it was a condition of the leasing contract for all premises that on site ‘overnight parking’ must be permitted in such circumstances. :unamused: