T&D Fleet Focus.... RH FREIGHT

Can i stop laughing now? :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: … “well managed”… stop it my ribs hurt :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:
I could write SO much more on this subject… But i cant afford the libel bills :unamused: :unamused:

I read it and funnily enough I thought of you and guessed you might have a … err… mmmhhh… a response shall we say. :wink: :smiley: :smiley:

ditto. :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

Will probably get my copy tonight have your version of events ready Jonboy!

Does anyone remember the Longs of Leeds article (last year if I remember right) they came out as a top firm to work for £5 + an hour,are they :open_mouth: potty ?

i’m with jon on this, they forget to mention the 100 foreign double man teams they’ve got working for them, do they get same wages? :laughing: :laughing:
did they interview a driver or the management?

stuh:
did they interview a driver or the management?

T&D:
Fleet Focus insider guide sets out to discover what transport firms are really like to work for by asking bosses and (confidentially) the drivers about pay, terms and conditions.

Does that answer your question? :wink: :smiley:

proberly asked the foreigners . compared to the home country the money is goood

jon

tartanraider:
Does anyone remember the Longs of Leeds article (last year if I remember right) they came out as a top firm to work for £5 + an hour,are they :open_mouth: potty ?

yep i remember it. It was more like 3 ish years ago and i had just left and that was a joke as well no hold ive been gone 4 years now i dont know who they spoke to … in fact no one does too much favortism there but it is a steady job but it DIDNT DESERVE ALL THE 5 STARS IT GOT :exclamation: :exclamation: :exclamation: :exclamation: :exclamation:

in all the years i used to read t & d i dont think i ever saw a firm described as anything other than wonderful in this fleet focus even though it was common knowledge that most of them were a right old load of ■■■ to work for.

Harry Monk:
in all the years i used to read t & d i dont think i ever saw a firm described as anything other than wonderful in this fleet focus even though it was common knowledge that most of them were a right old load of ■■■ to work for.

I’ve only bought the occasional T&D in recent years but I have to agree with you, from what I can remember, the ratings vary from above average to downright brilliant. They probably daren’t write anything too damaging incase of legal action etc, but doesn’t that then defeat the point in having such articles in the first place?

IMHO I’ve always considered T & D to be a patronising load of rubbish, so I’m not really surprised at the reactions to their company appraisals :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

not read the article yet but i like jb know several drivers there and the wages are pretty good if you can get the hours in and don’t complain too much.
the work can be pretty grotty at times and the management lacks the ability to co-ordinate the fleet properly.
i know for a fact that recently the office staff changed the way they operate, they now have a system whereby the country is divided into north and south and the ports, office staff are assigned an area and that is their responsibility but as we all know from experience it doesn’t always work too well and quite often drivers travelling between the areas can become lost in the system in other words the north team don’t know that the south team have sent a couple of trucks into the north and vice-versa so drivers are often left sitting around waiting for instructions.
the communications system is via satellite messaging and many drivers will only ever use this, if the message is not viewed by the right person then the driver ends up sitting about for a while longer.
i look forward to reading the report.

What the waiting at the docks for a minibus home all about.

How long are you expected to wait for that?

I’d want to get back in,do paperwork then naff off home.I hope their rest period is’nt starting when they take the tacho out.

Surley it should begin when they are sat in the car going home

Tony b

there isn’t usually any waiting for the mini bus, it usually leaves saturday morning with the drivers that arrived on friday night, so the drivers get a full nights rest after a days work then leave at around 0600 on saturday morning to head back for nottingham.
immingham is usually done with the use of company cars and not a mini bus, some drivers leave immingham friday night for nottingham and others on saturday morning, the drivers are usually told what time to be at immingham, each driver is asked what time they can get there then a time is established on the last person to arrive scenario.
the saturday car usually leaves immingham around 0900 - 1000 when the drivers have usually had their breakfast.
it’s not a bad set up and you know that if your trucks at the port then nobody else is driving it.

tartanraider:
are they :open_mouth: potty ?

No thats Prestons :wink: :laughing: :laughing:

:imp: well jon, i’ve read the article… :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: it must be a advert for RH new logo… wonder who the driver was■■? or was it a ex driver in the office? :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: i might apply for a job there… oh i forgot… that is the firm i work for :unamused: :unamused: silly me. sounds like another firm. i’ll post some more later… catch you slapper

no it does’nt answer my question who they interviewed, i worked there for a number of years and it does’nt sound like the company i know, yes you get a mini-bus back from the dock but there is’nt someone driving it who has’nt just done a 15hr shift :frowning: :frowning: as to the money yes it’s good if you are out all week but that does’nt happen a lot except if your estonian :smiling_imp: if it’s true about them i’d be back tommorrow :wink:

i was out boozing with an rh freight driver last night and nobody (amongst the drivers) has owned up to being the insider that gave away the information about the company so they assume it was an ex driver now working in the office which probably explains why they look such a good company to work for, in fact my mate reckons he would apply for his job again if the published comments were true.

they can’t be that that good or they would’nt be losing drivers. :cry: :cry: it’s sad really as they where a good company to work for.