Switchy and the Mail

Carryfast:

switchlogic:

Nearly there again:
Maybe a new career would be good for you.

That doesn’t mean a huge amount of sense but ok

Unfortunately that’s also more or less what the UC Jobsearch committment says and they are inclined to get more pushy as time goes on.

Yes but unlike you I’m not back driving as I don’t have a licence, not because I’m bone idle………

Bigtruck3:
You had a accident in your private car if iv got that right, so how does the process work that leads them to suspend the driving licence,
Is it if your in a serious accident they just automatically report your details to the department
Like who decides, we have to notify someone this person has a hgv drivers licence
Serious question, very curious as to how it works.
Good luck with getting your license back are you feeling good and confident about it, if so you should have no problem

No idea, I was in an induced coma

Bigtruck3:
Good luck with getting your license back are you feeling good and confident about it, if so you should have no problem

You’ve not had many dealings with the DVLA have you? :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: But thank you!

switchlogic:

Carryfast:

switchlogic:

Nearly there again:
Maybe a new career would be good for you.

That doesn’t mean a huge amount of sense but ok

Unfortunately that’s also more or less what the UC Jobsearch committment says and they are inclined to get more pushy as time goes on.

Yes but unlike you I’m not back driving as I don’t have a licence, not because I’m bone idle………

What has driving got to do with it.The only reason that I wasn’t pushed by DWP into the home care or care home sector was because I reached an ‘agreement’ with the prospective employer that the idea of a knackered 60 something ex truck driver doing the job of a nurse seemed offensive to me and my back was no use for heaving immobile patients around anyway.I’m guessing that it was the latter which got me out of it so every cloud has a silver lining.You don’t need to be a ‘driver’ for that job.
As for back driving yes I really enjoy the job of moving cars around the country.The problem is that too many young healthy peple want the job too.Which means a laughably small amount of work to go round.
Who should be driving trucks for their living but don’t want the job for understandable reasons like having their backs broken by being used as labourer or all the responsibility of driving a truck around the local housing estates.

Carryfast:

switchlogic:

What has driving got to do with it…

Oh beg my pardon, my mistake, I thought you were a driver. How silly of me.

switchlogic:

Carryfast:

switchlogic:

What has driving got to do with the terms of the UC Jobsearch Commitment.Especially in the case of having no licence.
If/when the Jobcentre ‘advisor’ suggests a Job lead don’t even think about not following it up and confirm it with the ‘applied’ box in your online Journal.
Then going for an interview box if the employer offers it.
Also inform them of the result in the successful or unsuccessful box.
I regarded most of the other boxes, like ‘interested’ instead of ‘applied’, as a catch to provide the pretext to sanction anyone.
You’ll understand that the idea, let alone choice, of a ‘career change’ , or not, or the job of ‘driver’, is moot in that.
As in my case being ‘advised’ to apply for care industry vacancies , of which there are loads.Also retail sector in which the Jobcentre agreed with me that retail vacancies effectively expect old infirm workers to work in the warehouse and stack shelves while young healthy ones can sit at a till because it wouldn’t be ‘fair’ otherwise.

Carryfast:

switchlogic:

Carryfast:

switchlogic:

What has driving got to do with the terms of the UC Jobsearch Commitment.Especially in the case of having no licence.
If/when the Jobcentre ‘advisor’ suggests a Job lead don’t even think about not following it up and confirm it with the ‘applied’ box in your online Journal.
Then going for an interview box if the employer offers it.
Also inform them of the result in the successful or unsuccessful box.
I regarded most of the other boxes, like ‘interested’ instead of ‘applied’, as a catch to provide the pretext to sanction anyone.
You’ll understand that the idea, let alone choice, of a ‘career change’ , or not, or the job of ‘driver’, is moot in that.
As in my case being ‘advised’ to apply for care industry vacancies , of which there are loads.Also retail sector in which the Jobcentre agreed with me that retail vacancies effectively expect old infirm workers to work in the warehouse and stack shelves while young healthy ones can sit at a till because it wouldn’t be ‘fair’ otherwise.

I’m a driver. They understand that I have a job to go back to the moment my licence returns. I’m not like you, I don’t have a raging skip fire standing in for a personality so my UC advisor accepts that it’s down to the DVLA and suggests but doesn’t force me into jobs he can see I’m not suited for.

Whereas you………you have such a disastrous personality it stopped you getting your dream job in the days when every man and his dog could get one, left you stuck on tedious parcel night trunking and they even wanted to force you out of that which inevitably happened when it seems you were around my age. At which point you seem to have given up working and decided to medically retire and the ■■■■■ decades later blaming everyone else for you wasted life. Maybe it’s simple- maybe you UC advisors have been good at their job and spotted you were a work shy waster. Maybe. It seems 20 years of going to interviews and never getting a job hasn’t dented your incredible self confidence so none of this will I’m confident to say. Like many I’m blown away to find out it seems you never actually lost your HGV. You ■■■■■ and moan and you gave up through choice

Even a WEEK of tedious night-time parcel trunking and you are never quite the same man again…

A question for Carryfast, what superpowers do labourers and every truck driver, other than you have, that lets them load and unload trucks, without breaking their back?

Seconds out. Ive forgotten which round we are up to but will sit back and relax! :laughing:

switchlogic:
my UC advisor accepts that it’s down to the DVLA and suggests but doesn’t force me into jobs he can see I’m not suited for.

Just keep on telling him that his ‘suggestions’ aren’t suitable because you’re a ‘driver’ and make sure that you write that in your journal.No problem …so long as you don’t need their cash.

Wheel Nut:
Seconds out. Ive forgotten which round we are up to but will sit back and relax! :laughing:

Star down under.:
A question for Carryfast, what superpowers do labourers and every truck driver, other than you have, that lets them load and unload trucks, without breaking their back?

Usually a forklift and/or a pallet truck helps.Or in my case it did before UPS took over.

Carryfast:
Who should be driving trucks for their living but don’t want the job for understandable reasons like having their backs broken by being used as labourer or all the responsibility of driving a truck around the local housing estates.

There are HGV jobs that require manual input in varying degrees but equally there are numerous jobs which require no more than opening trailer doors or Tautliner curtains. In 35 years I’ve never had a job which involved driving around housing estates. Transport seems to operate in an entirely different way on your planet.

Carryfast:

Star down under.:

Usually a forklift and/or a pallet truck helps.Or in my case it did before UPS took over.

For every matchbox? You really are workshy, never been an asset to an employer.

Star down under.:

Carryfast:

Star down under.:

I don’t remember ever hauling artic loads of loose loaded matchboxes nor matchboxes weighing over 20kgs.
So every driver who hauls pallet loads of freight rather than same as loose loaded handball is a workshy non asset to their employer.

Harry Monk:
There are HGV jobs that require manual input in varying degrees but equally there are numerous jobs which require no more than opening trailer doors or Tautliner curtains. In 35 years I’ve never had a job which involved driving around housing estates. Transport seems to operate in an entirely different way on your planet.

Anyone employed doing the former, as opposed to being used as a warehouse labourer handballing artic loads, is obviously a workshy non asset to their employer.

The latter obviously contradicts the idea that new drivers should expect to be lumbered with local building materials deliveries etc to ‘get their experience’.
Bearing in mind the disproportionate amount of such work that now forms much of what remains of the uk ‘road transport industry’.
I seem to remember you yourself saying that the quality of work mostly on offer deters new entrants to the industry.
The only bit we’re disagreed on is that new entrants could ever generally just walk into the best work without hitting the ‘experience’ barrier.
With others often saying that’s how it should be even to the point of laughably contradicting their own lucky privileged entrance to the industry in that regard.
As I said there is no ‘driver’ shortage, more like surplus, of new drivers in the car trade plate movements sector for a reason.
To the point of many employers in the sector being able to attach the role of vehicle condition/valuation inspections to the driving role for car driver money.

Carryfast:

Star down under.:

Carryfast:

Star down under.:

I don’t remember ever hauling artic loads of loose loaded matchboxes nor matchboxes weighing over 20kgs.
So every driver who hauls pallet loads of freight rather than same as loose loaded handball is a workshy non asset to their employer.

No, only you. The rest just get on with the job, when it it requires the necessary physical effort. Trucks don’t get loaded by magic. Why should you get paid to lay about, while someone else loads your truck?

I suppose the question should be asked did they take away all your licenses or just the hgv licence

Star down under.:

Carryfast:

No, only you. The rest just get on with the job, when it it requires the necessary physical effort. Trucks don’t get loaded by magic. Why should you get paid to lay about, while someone else loads your truck?

Which seems to confirm that you have personal issues with ‘only me’.
Great so your solution to the ‘driver shortgage’ is to remove all POA and replace it with expecting drivers to carry out warehouse labourer duties to save the costs of employing warehouse staff.
Bonus points if you can save the costs of mechanical load handling and use the drivers’ spines as biological load handling devices.
Are you a manager ?.

switchlogic:

Wheel Nut:

We are not going back into the EU anytime soon Luke, so why not get on with it and try to be more positive about the situation :wink:
Did you lose your right to drive a van then? The universal credit money is an absolute joke to live on, surely doing parcels would see you right until you get the entitlement back,have you passed a medical ?