''Sweden is looking for Expiernced drivers''

For what it’s worth I read this thread and then emailed both Colin and Hutpik. I am awaiting a reply from Hutpik and am sure he will reply. Colin answered my emails and we have even spoken on phone. In my opinion he is a very helpful top bloke

In addition to my post above I have now started talking with Hutpik (Mike). He has been super helpful to me so yet again another top bloke! Both him and Colin have pointed me in the right directions. This is happening in the New year

Felixstoweflyer:
In addition to my post above I have now started talking with Hutpik (Mike). He has been super helpful to me so yet again another top bloke! Both him and Colin have pointed me in the right directions. This is happening in the New year

Hows the job hunt & moving going so far??

I think for most people everything has been put on hold for a while,it is a shame as Felixstoweflyer was booked to look at houses and had a job ready,but hopefully later all things can be put back on track.I think a lot of ''soul searching will be done later as many things may and will change.

hutpik:
I think for most people everything has been put on hold for a while,it is a shame as Felixstoweflyer was booked to look at houses and had a job ready,but hopefully later all things can be put back on track.I think a lot of ''soul searching will be done later as many things may and will change.

Yes I agree, but hopefully we can all get back to some sort of normality soon.

I would like to personally thank 3 people. Colin the original poster of this thread and his support throughout. Mike for answering all my emails no matter how trivial they may have been. And Sam and his missus for been there for us! We are now in Sweden and in the process of renovating our property (not cheap). 5 months it took from starting to getting here. If you are looking into moving here my boss told me the other day they are actively recruiting drivers.

Excellent , pleased for you fella , well done :sunglasses:

Hi,

Me and my wife would like to move to Sweden. What is the current labour market like for hgv drivers?
If I could get a job there I would make the move tomorrow.

If anyone can point me in the right direction pm me, thanks.

PM sent

There still are alot of truck jobs here in Stockholm at least. I think CE gives you best chance without speaking Swedish. I’ve found a few C jobs which say English is ok but there aren’t loads. If you had a D license aswell in a normal situation the tourist buses are ok with English as you don’t have many Swedish customers! Blocket jobb is a good site to use though!

Sent from my ELE-L29 using Tapatalk

Hey Guys I’m new to the forum I found it when looking at moving to Sweden.
Has anyone got any advice on relocating with my wife and kids also any advice with job hunting ■■
I have a HGV class 1 license.

Any help will be much appreciated Thank you :slight_smile:

Just a couple of photos

20200702_113824.jpg

Hi guys I’ve applied to a few companies in Sweden for HGV driving but not received anything back anyone know any good companies■■?

Droxs_Cookie:
Hi guys I’ve applied to a few companies in Sweden for HGV driving but not received anything back anyone know any good companies■■?

^^^^^^^^^^^^
best to decide where you want to live first.its a tad on the large side locationwise dontcha think?

I honestly don’t mind Gothenburg, Malmo or Stockholm. I’m just on here trying to get more info as I have emailed companies but nothing back yet.

each to their own for choice but gothenburg is as far north as you want to go unless you want to be committing suicide in the winter with the gloomy weather.
balmo is overrun and lots of stockholm has went the same way.
live just outside the city and itl be a great life and you will never look back.
similar to anywhere when your job hunting,emails go straight into the bin,telephone calls are just as bad.
theres not a lot on offer advertised,so best to go and knock doors.
the fact your not a taliban is a plus point.
the fact your not a swede is a minus.
not speaking/reading swedish is a minus,but once your there,you can take a government course to learn swedish for a few months and when you pass it they then give you a few grand cash for coming to work in the country and integrate…win win win.
go before the winter for a working holiday,and set yourself up.
if you get a seasonal job,then once you stop for the winter,then you get 80% of your wages for the closed season where you can come back here and work if you wanted to.
obviously on the qt… :wink:

Definitely agree with the above,
Stockholm is a fantastic city I love it.
For driving once you get out of Stockholm too there’s no traffic, I find it hard to imagine just how bad the UK is now.

But even now my Swedish is getting pretty good and I send through my CV and cover letter in Swedish and they don’t reply. However this may because although I have a truck card my predominant experience is with buses.

Apartments are getting hard to find here too and the prices have shot up even in the two years I’ve been here.

Unfortunately they don’t pay you for completing the Swedish course anymore. :frowning: But if you pass the minimum course SFI you can get a student allowance if you continue at the higher level but I’m not sure how much that is.

Once you get used to the Swedish way it really is a great place to live.

Sent from my ELE-L29 using Tapatalk

Just been reading this thread. I live in Stockholm as well and couldn’t find a driving job for love nor money. Speak a week knocking on doors and no one was hiring. I did a weeks work for a bloke in Stockholm who three days in asked me to run illegally. So that didn’t last. I then called a few company’s in Skåne down the south of Sweden and the response I got was unreal so moving down there in October after just enjoying the summer in Stockholm and not having to worry about looking for work.

Break time just south of Kiruna on E10

A beautiful place to work - not too much looking at the scenery. Thanks for all the photos . Managing the extra length ok ? First time i went to Sweden with an English fridge i stopped when the cabs were level only to find i was way adrift of the bay.

How did you get on with getting Swedish cards / residency ? If you still have UK cards what … Stupid Brexit !